Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you like MS Internet Explorer 7 ?

Default Re: Do you like MS Internet Explorer 7 ?

use maxthon

i dun like IE7, firefox and oprea.

i love IE6. still using it.

I can't wait to upgrade to IE8 when there is one

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    I can't wait to upgrade to IE8 when there is one
    yeah. dun get why microsoft places the menu bar on the second line, it just feels wrong. that's something i hope IE8 would fix.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    yeah. dun get why microsoft places the menu bar on the second line, it just feels wrong. that's something i hope IE8 would fix.
    what wrong, it is different, unique, creativity

what wrong, it is different, unique, creativity
    erm.... not when i keep pressing the back button thinking that it was the file menu. if IE 6 had their menu bar on the second line, then it is ok. but suddenly changing the position makes me pull out my hair whenever i press those buttons wrongly.

strange, why can't the menu bar be shifted?

I thought IE7 was pre-alpha? Heh.. Firefox all the way! By the way, when its IE8, i think its IE7beta in disguise
    Canon 8800F Scanner Rental Available! PM me for details.
    ::Negatives, Film, MF, 35mm, Scanning::

Quote Originally Posted by MadDude View Post
    I thought IE7 was pre-alpha? Heh.. Firefox all the way! By the way, when its IE8, i think its IE7beta in disguise
    if that's true................

Hmmmm....just wondering....are all the compliants about IE7 for the Final Release or the alphas, betas and RCs?

Other than the odd positioning of the menu bar I don't find anything wrong with IE7 and actually find some of its features useful, such as the multiple homepage option, allowing me to open all my regular pages at once when I start it up. Furthermore, its got some pretty good and useful plugins as well, both free and pay-to-use.

I liked FF too but version 2 kept hanging on me, on my home and office desktops as well as my notebooks. It's now more stable after I updated to 2.0.0.1 but IE7 was stable from day 1 when I installed the final release version.

_

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    ...actually find some of its features useful, such as the multiple homepage option, allowing me to open all my regular pages at once when I start it up. Furthermore, its got some pretty good and useful plugins as well, both free and pay-to-use.
    _
    I am using IE7.
    Can show how to set multiple homepage option?
    What are the good plug ins to use?
    Both Free and pay to use.

i use FF primarily liao. if some stubborn pg only loads properly in IE, i can use the IE Tab Mix plus extension to load the page using IE within FF. shiok!
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

IE7 wasted 1 of my original win xp pro cd key... damnit...

i pressed the update button, then i install, need validate, so ok onz.. did it, then install, and this joker hanged, only border and nothing, and its sh!t... can't even uninstall, now cannot even use as a broswer, if i press IE, it will be the same, only border & top icon, if i press Ctrl-Alt-Del, applications page all blank... have to end process iexplore then able to see the other apps.

worse sh!t is it prompted activation when i install, then i uninstall reboot activation again... and now the sh!t is... today morning, i boot up, it seek activation again, and when i activate it says i used up my activation and require me to key another cdkey... lucky i got 2-3 sets of XP Pro at home... else really die...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Hmmmm....just wondering....are all the compliants about IE7 for the Final Release or the alphas, betas and RCs?

Other than the odd positioning of the menu bar I don't find anything wrong with IE7 and actually find some of its features useful, such as the multiple homepage option, allowing me to open all my regular pages at once when I start it up. Furthermore, its got some pretty good and useful plugins as well, both free and pay-to-use.

I liked FF too but version 2 kept hanging on me, on my home and office desktops as well as my notebooks. It's now more stable after I updated to 2.0.0.1 but IE7 was stable from day 1 when I installed the final release version.

_

my complaint is: it is slow in starting up and rendering webpages. Using the final release.

oh dear. Get me Firefox or Safari anytime. =D I can't stand IE.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    I am using IE7.
    Can show how to set multiple homepage option?
    What are the good plug ins to use?
    Both Free and pay to use.
    1. Select Tools->Internet Options
    2. In the General tab you'll see a memo box for your homepage
    3. Add each home page on a new line
    4. Click OK

Some Plug-ins that I have and use:
    Free Download Manager
    Inline Search (Like FF's search function)
    ieSpell (Similar to FF2's Spell Checking)
    IE Open Last Closed Tab (Damn Useful!!!)
    WebPage Auto Refresher
    Google Toolbar (the Bookmark allows you to access all your bookmarks on any computer with the toolbar - only on IE)
    IE7 Pro (Some nice features, good if you need to switch proxy servers often)
    Mouse Gestures for IE
    Think Proxy (Need to switch proxies often?)
    YouRipper (Streaming video grabber)

These are just some of the many free plug-ins you can download and use, there are a lot more here: Windows Market Place

_

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    IE7 wasted 1 of my original win xp pro cd key... damnit...
    :
    :
    worse sh!t is it prompted activation when i install, then i uninstall reboot activation again... and now the sh!t is... today morning, i boot up, it seek activation again, and when i activate it says i used up my activation and require me to key another cdkey... lucky i got 2-3 sets of XP Pro at home... else really die...
    Actually, you don't need to use up another key. If the key is original, all you need to do is to call the number they provide to activate by phone. It will initially be an automated voice that's going to ask you for the code and tell you that it's not valid but you will be transferred to a human operator after two tries. Tell them that your system crashed and that you needed to reinstall and re-activate windows. The woman answering the line will, in a very bored tone, ask and give you some numbers...that's it...you get to retain your CD-Key.

_

my complaint is: it is slow in starting up and rendering webpages. Using the final release.
    Don't have those issues. IE7 on my machines pop up just as quickly and renders the pages as smoothly as FF.

_

Actually, you don't need to use up another key. If the key is original, all you need to do is to call the number they provide to activate by phone. It will initially be an automated voice that's going to ask you for the code and tell you that it's not valid but you will be transferred to a human operator after two tries. Tell them that your system crashed and that you needed to reinstall and re-activate windows. The woman answering the line will, in a very bored tone, ask and give you some numbers...that's it...you get to retain your CD-Key.

_
    24/7 hotline?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I love all browser... Getting used to IE 7 and love it alot. LOL... Neat and good.. Of course, FF too.. keke.. I had no complaint, why sucks thou??? hmm lol

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    24/7 hotline?
    Yep

The number will be displayed when you get an unsuccessful activation.
    _

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast