Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Bonuses

Default Re: Baby Bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    If you really want to have kids, than have them. Why must we be swayed by $$ to make a personal and private decision to have them, macham like owe gahment favour meh?

Can afford good, cannot afford look for other avenues of support.
    If one wants to have kids, do have it for the right reasons and under the correct conditions. I dun recommend depending on handouts from the govt is a right mindset.

Likewise for many other stuff, start doing/thinking out of the box instead of looking at govt handouts etc. China is growing very fast and its people catching up even faster. In 10-20 years or even sooner, Singaporeans will lose our edge in being "multi-lingual" and having good management, and many save for the best will find it even TOUGHER to survive then.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbuff View Post
    If one wants to have kids, do have it for the right reasons and under the correct conditions. I dun recommend depending on handouts from the govt is a right mindset.

Likewise for many other stuff, start doing/thinking out of the box instead of looking at govt handouts etc. China is growing very fast and its people catching up even faster. In 10-20 years or even sooner, Singaporeans will lose our edge in being "multi-lingual" and having good management, and many save for the best will find it even TOUGHER to survive then.
    .... and we will go back to a fishing village ?

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    .... and we will go back to a fishing village ?
    i miss the kampung days....
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

It is indeed a lifetime commitment to have kids. Talking about commitments, we must be sure to provide the children with enough. What is enough? Having enough means to be able to give the child a proper shelter, clothes and food to eat with these being the basic neccessity. Next comes the children education and development costs. While the earlier can be scrimped on, the later is a MUST.

To have a child is not merely adding to the number of Singaporeans. Rather, through proper guidance and education so that they do not become a nuisance to the society. That aside, a huge amount of money is needed for such. I do not say that we require handouts or to wait for the government to raise our kids. But this money will defintely plays apart to ensure that the child is being developed to maximize their potential.

If all this cannot even be done in the first place, whats the point of having kids even though we have the right mindset. Many couples these days foresee this as a problem and thus, delay their plans to have kids. Their thinking is due to the education brought to them. On the other hand, many still wants to enjoy and led the kind of lifestyle they are currently having.

If so, think again. Has our education failed us?

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    nowadays, education is also corporatised. everything is $$$$$$$$.

u say leh?

i am not joking becos i hear cases of people being pressured to self resign just becos they are giving birth soon.
    This is very true. My wife is one of them and I know of at least another 2 more.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    It is indeed a lifetime commitment to have kids. Talking about commitments, we must be sure to provide the children with enough. What is enough? Having enough means to be able to give the child a proper shelter, clothes and food to eat with these being the basic neccessity. Next comes the children education and development costs. While the earlier can be scrimped on, the later is a MUST.

To have a child is not merely adding to the number of Singaporeans. Rather, through proper guidance and education so that they do not become a nuisance to the society. That aside, a huge amount of money is needed for such. I do not say that we require handouts or to wait for the government to raise our kids. But this money will defintely plays apart to ensure that the child is being developed to maximize their potential.

If all this cannot even be done in the first place, whats the point of having kids even though we have the right mindset. Many couples these days foresee this as a problem and thus, delay their plans to have kids. Their thinking is due to the education brought to them. On the other hand, many still wants to enjoy and led the kind of lifestyle they are currently having.

if u bring them into this world and u cannot feed them.... u actually gave them suffering. I saw some teens doing strange stuff to earn extra money for their daily needs.. becos their family are poor and broken.

if it's 51k,

i'll give FULL support,

quit my job stay at home make babies everyday....

Hey Guys. Please Remember That The Babies You Make Are For Yourself. Dont Make Them For The Sake Of Government Or Someone Else Out There. They Can Only Support You For A While, Not Lifelong Ok. Please Think Over Again, Before You Do Something. Dont Bring Somebody To This Wicked World Thinking Of Some Few Thousand Dollars, And Later You Spend Them, Let Ur Child Suffer.

Please Be Considerate To The Babies Who Dont Know Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    Hey Guys. Please Remember That The Babies You Make Are For Yourself. Dont Make Them For The Sake Of Government Or Someone Else Out There. They Can Only Support You For A While, Not Lifelong Ok. Please Think Over Again, Before You Do Something. Dont Bring Somebody To This Wicked World Thinking Of Some Few Thousand Dollars, And Later You Spend Them, Let Ur Child Suffer.

Please Be Considerate To The Babies Who Dont Know Anything.
    nowadays.. i see kids in rich families suffered in silence. I know one family dun allow the children to watch TV. Scary ! the mind is formulated by force to study and study !

nowadays.. i see kids in rich families suffered in silence. I know one family dun allow the children to watch TV. Scary ! the mind is formulated by force to study and study !

TV ??? wat is it ? I have not "watch" TV for > 6 months...

"Watch" internet better.

Quote Originally Posted by DT_ View Post
    if it's 51k,

i'll give FULL support,

quit my job stay at home make babies everyday....

Soon you will be a millionaire in 20 years time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12