Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

  1. #41

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Somebody once said:

    "A stranger is just a friend you haven't met."
    Not necessary .... maybe a robber you have just met ....

    I have a friend who is always insisting that he pays on behalf of the group using his cards and the reason is that he will accumulate points.
    Probably the backend of Popular will be looking into the purchasing power of the card holders and one day may offer a Gold Popular card to those "big spenders"!.... you should be thankful to those aunties ...
    always the Light, .... always.

  2. #42
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Who knows, that kind deed maybe the aunties won't forget... for all we know the aunties got pretty daughters...

    Ha, ha, had a friend who actually met his wife this way some years back. My friend frequented this old lady's flower shop a couple of times. Became friends with the old lady. Then one day he happened to stop by and met the very pretty daughter. Got introduced and the rest is history. Now happily married with kids.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I have a friend who is always insisting that he pays on behalf of the group using his cards and the reason is that he will accumulate points.
    Won't make a big difference la. Maybe in the long run. Wah! That would mean that friend of yours is really hard-up for the points.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    it's the asking, not the giving...

    It's OK to give, just a little more kiasu to ask.

    .

  5. #45
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Somebody once said:

    "A stranger is just a friend you haven't met."

  6. #46
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    For those who are scolding the person for not lending, please think again.

    My personal view is that lending the card is a plus, not lending the card is zero.

    We should not make it to become that lending the card is a zero, and not lending is a minus.

    A serious change in mindset is needed when people EXPECT that help is given and/or taken for granted.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Just a clarification. I don't start this thread for people to bash at me, throw me crude remarks etc. Just wanted to know how people response to such situations.

    And i just wonder, those who said so generously of themselves here, in real life, are they really what they speak of themselves here? Or they just follow the flow here, scared of being sarcastically remarked by other parties?

    At least i am being true to myself. And i did borrow my card to the 2 aunties. One of them even cut my queue accidentaly. But i did not mind at all.

    But just fed-up that they saw my card on my hands while i was in the queue, and borrow from me. Lets say if i took out my card at the last minute, would they ask to borrow from me?

  8. #48

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by palvin View Post
    Just a clarification. I don't start this thread for people to bash at me, throw me crude remarks etc. Just wanted to know how people response to such situations.

    And i just wonder, those who said so generously of themselves here, in real life, are they really what they speak of themselves here? Or they just follow the flow here, scared of being sarcastically remarked by other parties?

    At least i am being true to myself. And i did borrow my card to the 2 aunties. One of them even cut my queue accidentaly. But i did not mind at all.

    But just fed-up that they saw my card on my hands while i was in the queue, and borrow from me. Lets say if i took out my card at the last minute, would they ask to borrow from me?
    for ur kindness in lending! You are certainly right that ur card is still your property and that it sucks when ppl try to cheat u cos you are kind.
    but i guess a little kindness helps makes the world a better place.
    I find that clubsnap is MOSTLY enjoyable cos there are alot of kind ppl who are patient and willing to share their lobangs and knowledge..
    frankly i get abit pissed when i see a noob post a qn that's asked and mentioned before and it can be searched in the forum. but there's always someone eager and quick to answer the person. then I reflect on myself and i find that i usually post a qn without searching the forum as well.. so abit of tolerance helps every place a better place..

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    World without Strangers

    I love Giodano jeans!

  10. #50

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    World without Strangers

    I love Giodano jeans!
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  11. #51

    Smile Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    World without Strangers

    I love Giodano jeans!
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  12. #52

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    few mths back a promoter suggest for additional 10% discount and even help me borrow from a stranger.. initially i told her it's not very nice but she claim the member got benefit from reward point credit to them.. good, cos i go for the win win situation..

  13. #53
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Who knows, that kind deed maybe the aunties won't forget... for all we know the aunties got pretty daughters...

    Ha, ha, had a friend who actually met his wife this way some years back. My friend frequented this old lady's flower shop a couple of times. Became friends with the old lady. Then one day he happened to stop by and met the very pretty daughter. Got introduced and the rest is history. Now happily married with kids.
    Wow!

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by palvin View Post
    Just a clarification. I don't start this thread for people to bash at me, throw me crude remarks etc. Just wanted to know how people response to such situations.

    And i just wonder, those who said so generously of themselves here, in real life, are they really what they speak of themselves here? Or they just follow the flow here, scared of being sarcastically remarked by other parties?

    At least i am being true to myself. And i did borrow my card to the 2 aunties. One of them even cut my queue accidentaly. But i did not mind at all.

    But just fed-up that they saw my card on my hands while i was in the queue, and borrow from me. Lets say if i took out my card at the last minute, would they ask to borrow from me?
    Perhaps its your language and the way you phrased your remarks, but you started your thread with

    "Fed-up of 2 cases where aunties borrowed my Popular Card with the reason that they forgot to bring. Forgot to bring, then dun use lor. Why borrow from stranger? As if i pay for the card, for them to use.

    Anyone kena such incident before?"

    It sounds like you were damn pissed and not just asking for opinion on how people respond to such situation. Why condemn people behind their back....and also calling them aunties, which I sensed you have prejudice against them.

    Grow up, if you make a statement like that be prepared to be hammered.......or ....if you cannot take it, don't say it....

  15. #55

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    For those who are scolding the person for not lending, please think again.

    My personal view is that lending the card is a plus, not lending the card is zero.

    We should not make it to become that lending the card is a zero, and not lending is a minus.

    A serious change in mindset is needed when people EXPECT that help is given and/or taken for granted.
    This is the voice or reason here. The only one.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  16. #56

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    Perhaps its your language and the way you phrased your remarks, but you started your thread with

    "Fed-up of 2 cases where aunties borrowed my Popular Card with the reason that they forgot to bring. Forgot to bring, then dun use lor. Why borrow from stranger? As if i pay for the card, for them to use.

    Anyone kena such incident before?"

    It sounds like you were damn pissed and not just asking for opinion on how people respond to such situation. Why condemn people behind their back....and also calling them aunties, which I sensed you have prejudice against them.

    Grow up, if you make a statement like that be prepared to be hammered.......or ....if you cannot take it, don't say it....
    If i don't address them as aunties, then what do i call them? Calling them aunties mean i got prejudice against them? I've bought coffee from female sellers and i called them aunties too. Does it means i got prejudice against the female coffee sellers also?

  17. #57

    Smile Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by palvin View Post
    If i don't address them as aunties, then what do i call them? Calling them aunties mean i got prejudice against them? I've bought coffee from female sellers and i called them aunties too. Does it means i got prejudice against the female coffee sellers also?
    no.. u not wrong, but not right..

    should call them 'xiao jie'...

    most would reply with a smile ... haha...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  18. #58

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    no.. u not wrong, but not right..

    should call them 'xiao jie'...

    most would reply with a smile ... haha...
    If i want to call them 'xiao jie', when i open my mouth, no words would come out. lol...

  19. #59
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by palvin View Post
    If i don't address them as Chio Bu, Babes or Ladies, then what do i call them?
    How about my version??

    Psychologically I believe when you name some non related person as auntie you have no fetish towards them!

    To me a lady will alway be one. Young lady or old lady.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    How about my version??

    Psychologically I believe when you name some non related person as auntie you have no fetish towards them!

    To me a lady will alway be one. Young lady or old lady.
    Agree, its more polite to just refer to them as two ladies.....if do not like to hear others in a more critical tone, then stop putting yourself up to be commented upon....get real man...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •