Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Behold. 100MBPS is here...

Default Behold. 100MBPS is here...

StarHub Combines DOCSIS 3.0 and Velocity to OfferallStarHub MaxOnline (MOL) Customers Ultra-High Broadband Speeds

Singapore, 27 December 2006 – From tomorrow, Singapore will become the first country in the world to commercially launch 100Mbps residential broadband services nation-wide, as StarHub marks another milestone with its deployment of DOCSIS 3.0 technology.

To ensure that all MOL customers can experience the full capabilities of DOCSIS 3.0 and access ultra-high broadband speeds immediately, StarHub has combined this network upgrade with VELOCITY, StarHub’s content-collaboration programme that makes it easy for companies providing online content and services to host their applications in Singapore.

Combining the DOCSIS 3.0 access with the VELOCITY programme, StarHub has created a dual-mode network profile for each MOL cable modem connection:

1. A full-speed profile, for accessing locally-hosted content such as those provided by VELOCITY partners;
    2. A prescribed-speed profile, for accessing other Internet content hosted overseas at the price point customers prefer;

Based on StarHub’s on-going residential broadband market research, this dual-mode network profile is used to better serve the needs of all MOL customers.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Default Re: Behold. 100MBPS is here...

free upgrade for ultimate users?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    free upgrade for ultimate users?
    woah..like that i jump to ultimate liao. somemore the freebies they give is enuf to cover almost the whole subscription fee.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    woah..like that i jump to ultimate liao. somemore the freebies they give is enuf to cover almost the whole subscription fee.
    not really lah...

anyway at home only i 1 person use nia... speed also not fast...

anyone know how to set MSN to upload faster? seem like on test my upload super fast, even my torrent also super fast, but msn super slow... open which port now? enable upnp liao... worthless...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    not really lah...

anyway at home only i 1 person use nia... speed also not fast...

anyone know how to set MSN to upload faster? seem like on test my upload super fast, even my torrent also super fast, but msn super slow... open which port now? enable upnp liao... worthless...
    woah, exact same case here too. no matter what ports i open in the router, file transfer is always extremely slow. sort of given up hope liao. even when i place my com in DMZ mode, transfer speed still slow. only way was to take out my old modem and plug it directly to my com.

anyway, these are the ports. 6891-6900. need to port forward to your com. hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    anyway, these are the ports. 6891-6900. need to port forward to your com. hope it works.
    my DGL 4300 open all the known MSN ports also no use...

all need to buy new cable modem leh...which costs 525 bucks....
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r View Post
    all need to buy new cable modem leh...which costs 525 bucks....
    nb... i bought the 200+++ modem that time, the highest spec 1... now still need to get another 1... cui man...

anyway dun think the money worth it for the speed la...now net access overseas also not say fantastic anyway....100mbps sounds like just another number...
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

haha, for me, if need to send files through msn, i only accept those small ones, like around 1-2MB. anything larger, i just use
    email.

MSN transfer speed slow is due to their server. MSN transfer may not be point to point....(Someone please confirm). I use skype, transfer is solid!

i upgraded from MOL->1500->2000->6500, i still feel like the my 1st MOL at that time is the fastest, hahaha. Nowaday, im happy if i can get 200kbs... &@@$*(^$@&@$^@%#@&#

Personal rant. I find the situation silly sometimes, 100Mbps is only the bandwidth on the last leg to the household. Singapore is still trying to look good on the surface because it lags behind Asian countries like HK and Korea in terms of price and content. But Starhub does have upper hand because of their strength/monopoly with cable TV content...at least for now.
    "...not taking what one doesn't desire is the hardest thing in the world" - Albert Camus

how does dmz mode help?

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    how does dmz mode help?
    dmz = u are out of the firewall... straight into hell... tats if anybody wanna hack u... and also if your software firewall is not working.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    StarHub Combines DOCSIS 3.0 and

Singapore, 27 December 2006 – From tomorrow, Singapore will become the first country in the world to commercially launch 100Mbps residential broadband services nation-wide
    first meh ? i thought other country already more than 1gb

1gb? lao eh...

anyway i see the full official statement from starhub... sian 1/2

must buy the 525 bucks modem then u only can use the 100mbps on selected sites, the rest is still 32mbps on my ultimate... sian beh.. still same, no gurantee will be fast, anyway even in sg, i cannot even get 20mbps, so no point liao...

selected sites - up to 100mbps
    local sites - up to 32 mbps
    US sites - 100 kbps
    waiting for your torrent to finish at 10kbps - priceless

Quote Originally Posted by quekky View Post
    selected sites - up to 100mbps
    local sites - up to 32 mbps
    US sites - 100 kbps
    waiting for your torrent to finish at 10kbps - priceless

Hahha...Good analogy!