Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying 2nd hand lens versus new

Default Re: Buying 2nd hand lens versus new

I used to buy 2nd hands lens too and the lens did not give me any problem. But now, i'll think twice to buy a second hand.

Have you guys ever had any bad experiences with buying 2nd hand?

Why ask such questions when there are bound to be some bad experiences encountered by some of us here. Just like asking has anybody met an accident when crossing the road? If so, are you not going to cross the road for the rest of your life?

I guess its all about taking risks and being prepared to avoid getting bad copies. So far I can say that majority of the CSers here are nice people who knows the rules of trade in the forum here.

Happy trading!
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Tks, am already in the midst of contacting a couple of our fellow CSers to buy their lenses

As for there being always gonna be bad experiences, my thinking is great to be able to hear some scenarios so i can learn.... like the many stories that our parents and even some grandparents like to tell us, we often glean useful warnings from certain bad experiences encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by barrietan View Post
    Tks, am already in the midst of contacting a couple of our fellow CSers to buy their lenses

As for there being always gonna be bad experiences, my thinking is great to be able to hear some scenarios so i can learn.... like the many stories that our parents and even some grandparents like to tell us, we often glean useful warnings from certain bad experiences encountered.
    Seriously!?! How many of us REALLY listen to our parents?

I suspect the people here listen to each other, muck around, take the risk rather then listen to the old folks.

Haha... you got me there! Ok, so i just wanna learn a bit before i take the plunge Am gonna make my first 2nd hand lens purchase on Monday! Hope it will be a great initiation

Good luck for your lens purchase!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12