Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore MRT

Smrt should also make ezlink card reader beep, so people know it's fine and proceed. This is good as some auntie cannot see things clear so they don't know the reader read the card or not..

overall, SMRT is good.. just that there's space to improve. Likewise I think there could be something MTR could learn from MRT.

Default Re: Re: Singapore MRT

Originally posted by ziploc

Not too many people doing that, but I hate it when it happens. Those morons just stood there like they were the only ones in the world, leaving the others no where to get off the escalator...
    yah, when i banged onto them, they even stare at me. !

sigh... I still love Taipei's jie2 yun4 (taipei subways systems)... they have this basic etiquette that I as a Singapore was so malu of our own MRT etiquette.... handphone usages are not encouraged, 2 cabins at the end are STRICTLY for resting passengers so No talking loud, No handphones and definitely No monkeying around... but these traits, you will see happening on our MRTs... sigh....

once in a while, you get almost deaf passengers "shouting" over the phone the size of their 3 fingers combined.... if you can't hear from a small phone, GET a BIGGER ONE with HEADSET

Of coz, free ringtone music from kids and even young adults to show that they have been working very hard on their music theory and started composing.. mabe they can compose the next big thing for Sing-Along Singapore

Sleeping the MRT is very common, but people PRETENDING to sleep so that they can sit in comfort is like.... WAH KAO! Sometimes I can't really stand it and just walk over and ask that guy to give the seat away to this old lady (bendy legs somemore) standing IN FRONT OF him.... while he pretends to snooze away.... sigh.. where's our etiquette ?

anyway, this is my own observation. Dun flame me hor.... but sometimes, I just feel that we are brought up in Singapore in a manner that doesn't command foreigner's respect... simple manners I mean

Originally posted by SniperD
    sigh... I still love Taipei's jie2 yun4 (taipei subways systems)... they have this basic etiquette that I as a Singapore was so malu of our own MRT etiquette.... handphone usages are not encouraged, 2 cabins at the end are STRICTLY for resting passengers so No talking loud, No handphones and definitely No monkeying around... but these traits, you will see happening on our MRTs... sigh....

once in a while, you get almost deaf passengers "shouting" over the phone the size of their 3 fingers combined.... if you can't hear from a small phone, GET a BIGGER ONE with HEADSET

Of coz, free ringtone music from kids and even young adults to show that they have been working very hard on their music theory and started composing.. mabe they can compose the next big thing for Sing-Along Singapore

Sleeping the MRT is very common, but people PRETENDING to sleep so that they can sit in comfort is like.... WAH KAO! Sometimes I can't really stand it and just walk over and ask that guy to give the seat away to this old lady (bendy legs somemore) standing IN FRONT OF him.... while he pretends to snooze away.... sigh.. where's our etiquette ?

anyway, this is my own observation. Dun flame me hor.... but sometimes, I just feel that we are brought up in Singapore in a manner that doesn't command foreigner's respect... simple manners I mean
    Good job SniperD!

btw, I do offer my seat to the old or pregnant. Sometimes, I do get very sleepy on the train (not pretending). So be gentle if u want to wake up those whose eyes are close to give up their seat to the needy, cos it might be me.

1 story to share, few months back 1 kind lady offer her seat to a 30+ Malay lady. I was seating opposite. I was wondering why that kind lady didn't alight but stood in front of me reading her book. After a while I realised the kind lady has mistaken the Malay lady for being pregnant. Hahah, in fact she was just fat, with a protrusive tummy. I could see the Malay lady wasn't too happy about it as the train was crowded with people. "hao xin mei hao bao".

Originally posted by Darren
    The single-ride tickets are also EZ-Link - green farecards are not used any longer.

Have to pay additional $1 as deposit for the single-use EZ-Link card, and after the trip is over (at destination station or up to 1 month after), you can get refund by returning the ticket to the ticketing machine.

To me this is the single most stupid move by SMRT (heh! and Roy thot that there was huge improvement) - I have tried the single ride thingie (cos left my regular card at home) and the procedure just sucks big time:-

1. Entry: Queue up 15 mins to get ticket, press 5 buttons, insert $10 note, get back change in coins.
    2. Exit: Queue up 25 mins to get refund, press another 4 buttons, get a $1 coin.

No mistake!! The queue at some MRT stations for the single ride tickets can be quite time-consuming (note: not long as in many ppl, but in terms of time spent in queue). Plus the fact that tourists are not normally accustomed to the system makes it doubly difficult.

There was once (on Saturday) when I wanted to top up my EZ-Link card, and there was a lot of confusion on how to get single-ride tickets .. so gallant me stepped up to help (pretty girls from PRC leh, ah but then.....), in the end, I ended up helping 3 PRC girls, 2 Bangladeshis and 5 Indians purchase their tickets ....
    Hey not fair leh, Darren...

I stated my issues (based on the 2-year-old system) and you told me the EZLink addressed all those, so I say good lah. Then hor you turn around and say that that is the most stupid move SMRT has made....and give all the examples to prove your point....you trying to make me look stupid issit? I not in Singapore mah, how to know the good or bad of the new system leh?
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by roygoh
    Hey not fair leh, Darren...

I stated my issues (based on the 2-year-old system) and you told me the EZLink addressed all those, so I say good lah. Then hor you turn around and say that that is the most stupid move SMRT has made....and give all the examples to prove your point....you trying to make me look stupid issit? I not in Singapore mah, how to know the good or bad of the new system leh?
    aiya, you misquote/misunderstand me lah ... i never say the EZ-Link system is no good .. only the single-trip ticket procedure no good ... everything else is good lah

What I don't understand is why SMRT didn't continue the old farecard system for single-use since the tickets are recycled and reused anyway (closed system). Thus the users won't get penalised $1 deposit (if they forget to return the card) or waste time queuing up to get refund. And I don't think SMRT did a very good job in explaining this to users - of course, single-use tickets are normally bought by tourists or occasional users, so maybe their "voice" was not loud enough.

Originally posted by Darren
    aiya, you misquote/misunderstand me lah ... i never say the EZ-Link system is no good .. only the single-trip ticket procedure no good ... everything else is good lah

What I don't understand is why SMRT didn't continue the old farecard system for single-use since the tickets are recycled and reused anyway (closed system). Thus the users won't get penalised $1 deposit (if they forget to return the card) or waste time queuing up to get refund. And I don't think SMRT did a very good job in explaining this to users - of course, single-use tickets are normally bought by tourists or occasional users, so maybe their "voice" was not loud enough.
    I see...now I really made myself look stupid already...
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12