Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my sgt ask me take wedding....

Default Re: my sgt ask me take wedding....

btw, do u know how to use the SB-800 ? i mean have u used the SB-800 before? Because u mentioned u are renting it, i dunno if u know how to use it...

if u dunno, i think u need to rent it earlier and try it out... it takes a while to get a hang of using it..

What is a wedding curve?

Paid then ok lah, but you seriously need alot more CF card and alot of batteries, shoot in jpg will do. My average shootout in a full wedding day is about 1800 to 2000 shots(I shoot in drive mode), deliverable images is 800-1000. I use an average of 6Gb in every wedding.

Your lens is fine but need to stop down and use flash, forget ambience stuff for indoor, your lens not fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    btw, do u know how to use the SB-800 ? i mean have u used the SB-800 before? Because u mentioned u are renting it, i dunno if u know how to use it...

if u dunno, i think u need to rent it earlier and try it out... it takes a while to get a hang of using it..
    use b4... TTL

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8 View Post
    Paid then ok lah, but you seriously need alot more CF card and alot of batteries, shoot in jpg will do. My average shootout in a full wedding day is about 1800 to 2000 shots(I shoot in drive mode), deliverable images is 800-1000. I use an average of 6Gb in every wedding.

Your lens is fine but need to stop down and use flash, forget ambience stuff for indoor, your lens not fast enough.
    fast len gd for ambience???

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz-kid View Post
    fast len gd for ambience???
    Definitely, if you want to capture pix with only ambient light, you'll need at least f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8 View Post
    Definitely, if you want to capture pix with only ambient light, you'll need at least f2.8
    woohooo.. i learn new things

Deregistered

eh... it's a paid job
    dun screw up...7 extra awaiting you...

Deregistered

...i am seriously worried man...

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    ...i am seriously worried man...

Deregistered

i think u rent a 17-35 or 17-55 also ba...just to be on the safe side...

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    i think u rent a 17-35 or 17-55 also ba...just to be on the safe side...
    equip. can rent, but skill/experience cannot. then Sign Extra will keep flowing in.

What is the Army serving our soldiers man? Seriously loopy.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    What is the Army serving our soldiers man? Seriously loopy.

Most important should be, extra batteries for your flash and cam.

I advise strongly against a paid wedding job if you've never shot one in your life and have no idea about how to go about it (which does seem that way, TS please correct me if I am wrong).

Because if I am the couple and you screw up my once-in-a-lifetime (though divorce rates are now at an all time high) wedding with lousy shots, you are going to find my size 11 boots up your behind. If you're shooting as a friend, unpaid, I have no grounds for complain. But the moment money becomes a factor in the equation, then I expect a decent shoot. (of course, what I pay is what I get, but the point is, I paid. So I have the right to demand at least some standard).

Please do not tarnish the general perception of the working pro wedding photographers. Heck, to non-photog people, even prosumers are PRO cameras. So whatever it is, you are going to probably appear to be at least of a certain professional standard to them with the equipment you listed.

Practice first by shooting backup, for friends free, etc, and only accept paid jobs WHEN you are more experienced and ready.

i'd suggest you tell your sgt ur not confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post
    i'd suggest you tell your sgt ur not confident.
    I agree with this. Anyway it's not your sgt getting married. It's his friend right? The friend better be aware. In case the situation turns out to be less than rosy. Friend - Sgt relationship soured. Sgt - you relationship also soured.

i just realized you said its a paid job. Which makes it even worst. The logic is.

If the price is low, and you're not confident. they will tend to scrutinize you even more. Small mistakes are magnified and less tolerated. You can bear that consequence? And if you never shot a wedding in ur life before. Taking a paid job under no guidance, you sure u know what to expect and what you need to shoot? You know the tradition of the couple's family well enuff to know what to expect next?

Dude, for the fact that you're in army now and its your sgt asking you. You're probably standing at the losing end. If lets say you shoot today. they want the final product a week later. They ask for a cd of all shots taken + 300 Printable images up to 8R size. Dun even talk about the album. Can you deliver that on time? If not you're just gonna get into trouble again. So how?

Think about it. Losing this opportunity is not a loss. More opportunity which is better will come along the way.

Confident then shoot if not stay away/buck up and practise until you have confident. It's from a full time professional photographer (more than 10 years experience) who shot my wedding photos...

My utmost salutation to him. When his health was down he initiated to postphone the shooting without additional charge. He said he is not confident to shoot well in lesser health condition.

Like most professional photographer... You must know what you are going to shoot... else you'll miss out all the Best Angles and Precious Moments which may not come again.
    :blah: D80, Sigma 18-50/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8 (HSM).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast