Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: interchange lens

  1. #1

    Default interchange lens

    trivial question..

    How do you interchange lens while outdoors without getting dust into your camera body?

    cheers.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: interchange lens

    can we?

    unless we live in a world with no dust...

  3. #3

    Default Re: interchange lens

    do it in vacuum!!!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Hi chantony,

    first, try to change the lens in a relatively clean environment with little or no wind (eg : indoors).

    If you must attempt this operation outdoors, you could try changing lenses with the camera in a cloth bag. I've seen some people do this, but I have not tried it personally. Dunno if it really works


    Bernard

  5. #5

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by chantony View Post
    trivial question..

    How do you interchange lens while outdoors without getting dust into your camera body?

    cheers.
    Flush it with water.... ha ha ha... (joking) Simple Get a second body...
    :blah: D80, Sigma 18-50/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8 (HSM).

  6. #6

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Normally I will mount it at home ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  7. #7

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by tchern View Post
    Flush it with water.... ha ha ha... (joking) Simple Get a second body...
    this is the best ideal answer to your question. 1 lens 1 body. MTL, BBB!!!

  8. #8

    Default Re: interchange lens

    siimple... do the indiana jones method ( take out , put in ) fast fast!

  9. #9

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    siimple... do the indiana jones method ( take out , put in ) fast fast!
    u mean indiana jones got come out new movie? "Adventure of a photographer"???

    anyway; if really afraid of dust bring along a anti-static bag & change lens inside loh...

  10. #10

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by waterlucky View Post
    u mean indiana jones got come out new movie? "Adventure of a photographer"???

    anyway; if really afraid of dust bring along a anti-static bag & change lens inside loh...
    raiders of the lost ark!!

    wah working or not working?

  11. #11

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    raiders of the lost ark!!

    wah working or not working?
    I can sell you my bag if u r doubtful..

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by elfvin View Post
    this is the best ideal answer to your question. 1 lens 1 body. MTL, BBB!!!
    hahaha....some more must get lens that do not extend out...to prevent lesser dust from getting in...

  13. #13

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    hahaha....some more must get lens that do not extend out...to prevent lesser dust from getting in...
    and weather sealed body. gaffer. everything! but i think will die lah. so juz live with the dust. juz clean it if there is very big and obvious dust, otherwise continue shooting n changing lens.

  14. #14
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by elfvin View Post
    and weather sealed body. gaffer. everything! but i think will die lah. so juz live with the dust. juz clean it if there is very big and obvious dust, otherwise continue shooting n changing lens.
    thats the way to go...worry less shoot more...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: interchange lens

    use film?

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: interchange lens

    You can try changing the lens with the lens mount facing downwards, seen some doing that. If your camera comes with anti dust cleaning, it's also a plus point

  17. #17

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by chantony View Post
    trivial question..

    How do you interchange lens while outdoors without getting dust into your camera body?

    cheers.
    .

    aiyo just change the lens and no need to think so much

  18. #18

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Use Olympus or Sony Alpha Cameras lor...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by chantony View Post
    trivial question..

    How do you interchange lens while outdoors without getting dust into your camera body?

    cheers.
    Change it under your skirt lor .............
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: interchange lens

    Quote Originally Posted by chantony View Post
    trivial question..

    How do you interchange lens while outdoors without getting dust into your camera body?

    cheers.
    Hmmm...., we need to asked those cleaner to work very hard . No dust around, no dust problem into camera body...

    Regards,
    Arto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •