Thread: My lense have fungus....

Default My lense have fungus....

Hi frens,

i notice my lense have fungus. anyone here kindly tell me roughly how much it cost to service my lense? and which shop that you recommend me.

to those have their lense and body service regular, how regular i should do it? and how much?

thanks

Merry Christmas

Deregistered

Default Re: My lense have fungus....

go back to the manufacturer to clean will be better...as for charges...can call them tomolo...

i have a yashica samurai x3.0 from about 10-20 years ago.. the camera works perfectly fine, but the lens has fungus in it.

it's an SLR but the lens is not removable, plus the parts are probably extremely rare so i think the workmanship for cleaning will chalk up quite a huge bill right? probably not worth cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    i have a yashica samurai x3.0 from about 10-20 years ago.. the camera works perfectly fine, but the lens has fungus in it.

it's an SLR but the lens is not removable, plus the parts are probably extremely rare so i think the workmanship for cleaning will chalk up quite a huge bill right? probably not worth cleaning?
    The Yashica Samura range of cameras are definitely not SLRs. The X3.0 model looks like a video camera. Anyway, u can ask for the cost of cleaning before deciding whether it's worth it.
    Last edited by redstorm; 25th December 2006 at 10:00 PM.

thanks, i think i will call & enquire for a ballpark figure first!

btw, the yashica samurai range is definitely an SLR.. it's not the usual SLR with exchangable lenses, hot shoes, full manual controls, etc. it's pretty much a fuss-free P&S camera for the avg consumer.

but it utilises a single-lens reflex system, viewfinder sees through the lens. so yes, it is a SLR, but also a P&S at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    go back to the manufacturer to clean will be better...as for charges...can call them tomolo...
    thanks. really appreciate your repond.

cheers to you.