Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 289

Thread: Calling all Maxonline users.

  1. #221
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    I'm on MOL 6500 (now 12000).

    SH utilities give the following:

    Download Stats:
    Transfer Time: 6329 milliseconds
    Total File Size: 10240000 bytes
    Average Transfer Rate: 12.34 Mbps

    But Speedtest says:



    How to reconcile?

  2. #222
    Senior Member AxeLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,698

    Arrow Re: Calling all Maxonline users.


    MOL 12000
    Last edited by AxeLa; 29th December 2006 at 08:25 PM.
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

  3. #223
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Here is my share. I'm using Maxonline 6500 (now 12000)

    Here was the result using wireless



    Here was the result by hooking my notebook to the router using UTP 5 cable (the wireless connection is disabled.



    Thanks to TS for sharing this url. With this test, I able to justify that wired connection is a bit faster than wireless.

  4. #224
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    no more singapore server..
    sigh.

  5. #225

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    why before and after, speed test still show 4k plus dl speed?

  6. #226
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Now after the upgrade from MOL6500 to MOL12000, here's my results:


  7. #227
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    MOL6500 before upgrade


    MOL6500 after upgrade.

  8. #228
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Any MOL Ultimate tests?
    Last edited by vince123123; 31st December 2006 at 04:12 AM.

  9. #229

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    using maxonline 4000 now 6000


  10. #230
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Novena
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    6500 to 12000 (tested on 31 dec 2006)




  11. #231

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    I'm suppose to be on 12Mbps after the free upgrade.
    Before cable modem powered down, and up


    After cable modem powered up



    Just for comparison, I went to starhub's utilities page in the next minute.
    utilities.Starhub.com Download Stats:

    Transfer Time: 6656 milliseconds
    Total File Size: 10240000 bytes

    Average Transfer Rate: 11.74 Mbps

  12. #232

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    I feel using the Singapore server is a flawed test. How much contents are really stored in Singapore?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  13. #233

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Maxonline 12000


  14. #234
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.


    here's what i got from my in-law place... believe its MOL 4000 after upgraded.

    i'm using MOL 6500 at home and still get similar results... anyone knows what can i do (other than calling Starhub)?
    Last edited by Ironman; 1st January 2007 at 01:18 PM.

  15. #235

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    I only use download accelerator softwares to confirm my download speed.Not starhub nor speedtest

  16. #236
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,271

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post

    here's what i got from my in-law place... believe its MOL 4000 after upgraded.

    i'm using MOL 6500 at home and still get similar results... anyone knows what can i do (other than calling Starhub)?
    did u power down and up to get the speed update?

    cheers...
    flickr me....
    exposure medium: 30% film, 70% sensor

  17. #237
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Quote Originally Posted by kross View Post
    did u power down and up to get the speed update?

    cheers...
    yup... power up and down (by removing the power source to the modem)

    still the same...
    here's what i got from my home... MOL 6500. only got slightly more than 10% of what i should be getting...

  18. #238

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I feel using the Singapore server is a flawed test. How much contents are really stored in Singapore?
    Really ? Where do you suggest to connect then ? US ?

    Think about what you want to rate ? The service provided by Starhub or the performance of all the gateways and pipes throughout your destination ?

    You think Starhub has a Fat Green Pipe installed all over the world ???

    Starhub propose its coverage "Islandwide" for the rest, they are like anyother company, dependent on the local interconnections agreed with each countries ISP and network owners...

  19. #239

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiip View Post
    Really ? Where do you suggest to connect then ? US ?

    Think about what you want to rate ? The service provided by Starhub or the performance of all the gateways and pipes throughout your destination ?

    You think Starhub has a Fat Green Pipe installed all over the world ???

    Starhub propose its coverage "Islandwide" for the rest, they are like anyother company, dependent on the local interconnections agreed with each countries ISP and network owners...
    Think. Why do you want fast internet connection? Do I care what kind of agreement Starhub even has with other ISP and network operators? No. All I care is how long does it take for me to download/upload a file, or no delays what chatting, playing games, or doing whatever I am doing online.

    You can have exceptional speed internet connection, but if you step outside of Singapore, it comes to a crawl, no matter how you spin it, still means slow.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  20. #240

    Default Re: Calling all Maxonline users.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Think. Why do you want fast internet connection? Do I care what kind of agreement Starhub even has with other ISP and network operators? No. All I care is how long does it take for me to download/upload a file, or no delays what chatting, playing games, or doing whatever I am doing online.

    You can have exceptional speed internet connection, but if you step outside of Singapore, it comes to a crawl, no matter how you spin it, still means slow.
    Am I the one who should think ?

    Well u damn good at trying to force open doors...

    Obviously everybody looks for a better faster connection !

    Now the purpose of this thread is to verify that Starhub offer is not bullshit... not to verify how fast is your connection to Timbuctu... (too bad they are still using dial up there...)
    Do you think that starhub is going to commit on a connection they dun control (i.e outside their boundaries).

    Anybody thinking that he will get 12Mbps throughout all it's connection attempts is quite naive... especially when going out of singapore that is 95% of the time (except if you live, eat and sleep here at CS...)

    For your information, ISP are usually advertising their connection with their "maximum achievable bandwidth" (that is 4, 6.5 or 12...)and never garantee this flat speed at all time (have u ever red terms and conditions ???)...

    Now yes for sure, I have the new 12 one and ... i dun care, coz most of the time i will never even reach 2.5 - 3 to reach Europe or US ... but i find it not that bad already ...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •