Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: To: S40

  1. #1
    RedDevil7
    Guests

    Default To: S40

    yo pengyu! actually juz got into tis hobby last year. got a fuijifilm s602z in november last year. tis r the accessories i have so far.

    - 1 x vitacon 0.5x Ultra WA lens
    - 1 x hoya polarizing filter
    - 1 x 3rd party adapter tube for fuji 55-52mm
    - 4 x gp 1600mah, 4 x gp 1800mah, 4 x sanyo 2100mah
    rechargeable batteries
    - 1 x gp gppb05bs powerbank 2 charger, 1 x sanyo nc-mqr02u
    quick charger
    - 1 x lowepro, 1 x crumpler te-003 camera bags
    - 1 x slik pro 330dx tripod

    planning 2 get a teleconverter n most importantly an ext flash! wat abt u? u using the canon s40? wat happened 2 yr sony dsc?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Wah kaoz!!! Never know u're so much into photography...
    must have cost u a bomb with alll that equipments....especially ur 602 is already abt $1400....

    Switched to Canon abt 2 months back, 'cos finds that Sony digicams doesn't produce natural colours. Furthermore, no manual setting.
    So far so good with the S40, except that sometimes I find the pictures overexpose in certain modes. Must set everything manually than pics will turn out nice.

    Might upgrade to SLR in the near future.

    Hey, I thot u're suppose to get a normal point and shoot digicam. What prompted u to get the 602? And why didn't u thot of Canon G3?

  3. #3
    RedDevil7
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by S40
    Wah kaoz!!! Never know u're so much into photography...
    must have cost u a bomb with alll that equipments....especially ur 602 is already abt $1400....

    Switched to Canon abt 2 months back, 'cos finds that Sony digicams doesn't produce natural colours. Furthermore, no manual setting.
    So far so good with the S40, except that sometimes I find the pictures overexpose in certain modes. Must set everything manually than pics will turn out nice.

    Might upgrade to SLR in the near future.

    Hey, I thot u're suppose to get a normal point and shoot digicam. What prompted u to get the 602? And why didn't u thot of Canon G3?
    quite a bomb spent buying da stuff 1 shot lor. i've already been considering for a long time. finally decided 2 get a digicam last october. was actually planning for my holiday 2 japan in feb tis year.

    s602z not so ex lah.the accessroies i got oso not very high end. decided i din want a point n shoot cos i'm gonna dive fully into photography. initial intention 2 get a nikon coolpix. upon recommendation from frens the price diff i might as well get the 602. it has fast lens, fast focus n startup with 6Mp super ccd (actually 3Mp, super ccd magnifies 2 6Mp). uses AA batt n lotsa useful functions. pretty gd for a beginner 2 use i guess.

    u mentioned s40 has overexposure prob? mine is underexposed most of the time! anyway slr still a long way for me. still trying 2 master my techniques. canon g3 was not available yet at the time i bought my cam. although its a powerful cam, the slow focus n startup r not my cup of tea.

    got chance exchange some tips lah. u can goto http://www.pbase.com/reddevil7 2 c wat i have posted so far. cya man!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    474

    Default

    How much did u spend on all ur stuffs?
    Ur shots are quite well taken.

  5. #5
    RedDevil7
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by S40
    How much did u spend on all ur stuffs?
    Ur shots are quite well taken.
    well lemme calcualte a rough figure... something like juz under $1700.

    pics taken ok lah. the jap pics were my 1st try with the cam on holiday. not 2 satisfcatory i muz say. a lotta touch-ups done.

    starting 2 get the hang of things gradually though. definitely NO regrets NOT buying a point n shoot cam.

    only downside is dat s602z got no low light focus assist lamp, displays purple fringing quite badly n damn diff (near impossible) 2 freeze moving subjects in low light w/o ext flash.

    i c dat u invested in a dry cabinet. how much issit? effective?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    474

    Default

    No low light assist? Wah...then difficult to take night shots.
    Cost me $90 to get a normal 20L dry cabinet at AP.

    But saw a 30L set at IMM at only $99....$9 more for 10L.

    It's quite useful as I keep all my cams and Digital8 tapes inside. No more worries for fungus and condensation. A good investment.

  7. #7
    RedDevil7
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by S40
    No low light assist? Wah...then difficult to take night shots.
    Cost me $90 to get a normal 20L dry cabinet at AP.

    But saw a 30L set at IMM at only $99....$9 more for 10L.

    It's quite useful as I keep all my cams and Digital8 tapes inside. No more worries for fungus and condensation. A good investment.
    hmm... sounds like a good deal for dat kinda price. but if i use my cam very frequently i dun suppose i need a dry cabinet rite?

    as for taking nite shots i get a big prob if i wanna freeze a moving subject in low light. no way i can achieve dat.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    474

    Default

    I also use my digicam very often. IMHO, the use of a dry cabinet helps to absorb moisture and prevents condensation inside the lens. As Singapore is a humid country, it is very useful.

    For capturing moving objects at night, try to on you flash in night mode. The flash will "freeze" the moving object while the slow shutter speed will capture the background.

  9. #9
    RedDevil7
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by S40
    I also use my digicam very often. IMHO, the use of a dry cabinet helps to absorb moisture and prevents condensation inside the lens. As Singapore is a humid country, it is very useful.

    For capturing moving objects at night, try to on you flash in night mode. The flash will "freeze" the moving object while the slow shutter speed will capture the background.
    ic. will probably get 1 when i get more lenses n such stuff.

    as for nite pics, cmi lah. tried my inbuilt flash max only can hit 3m distance. recently at the chingay really disappointing sia. muz practice my panning more often.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    474

    Default

    From my "experience", the best for indoor shoot without flash is Sony Digcams. Perfect shots can be achieved without any flash. Maybe it got something to do with the sensitivity of the CCD?

  11. #11
    RedDevil7
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by S40
    From my "experience", the best for indoor shoot without flash is Sony Digcams. Perfect shots can be achieved without any flash. Maybe it got something to do with the sensitivity of the CCD?
    i suppose so. diff cams got diff strong n weak points lor. maybe sony cams have gd low light sensitivity plus a strong low light focus.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Hmm....digicams still got a long way to go. Shots from a normal 35mm film camera surpasses those from a digicam.

  13. #13
    RedDevil7
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by S40
    Hmm....digicams still got a long way to go. Shots from a normal 35mm film camera surpasses those from a digicam.
    of course nothing beats film. not at the moment though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •