Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a tripod for 25 bucks!

Default Where to buy a tripod for 25 bucks!

Im looking for a ball and socket tripod for 25 bucks. One that can hold about 2kg load and of reasonable height. And of course sturdy =) Anyone know of where to buy one. Any shops near Choa Chu Kang? Wouldn't want to travel far. But its alright too (for a gd bargain ) Thx!

Default Re: Where to buy a tripod for 25 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by artofshuenalogy View Post
    Im looking for a ball and socket tripod for 25 bucks. One that can hold about 2kg load and of reasonable height. And of course sturdy =) Anyone know of where to buy one. Any shops near Choa Chu Kang? Wouldn't want to travel far. But its alright too (for a gd bargain ) Thx!
    wow if you manage to find one, do post up...

for $25 tripod, you can get it at most photo printing shop, but they come with pan-tilt head and are no way stable enough for a 2kg load.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    wow if you manage to find one, do post up...

for $25 tripod, you can get it at most photo printing shop, but they come with pan-tilt head and are no way stable enough for a 2kg load.
    Haha! Thx. I think I have a friend who bought one. Not recently tho. XD..thanks!

25 bucks can only used on compact cameras.. i had one bought from ms colour..

Quote Originally Posted by artofshuenalogy View Post
    Haha! Thx. I think I have a friend who bought one. Not recently tho. XD..thanks!
    oic, maybe you wanna ask your friend. because the cheapest i seen that hits all your requirement is the slik sprint pro (rated 2.5kg load, but i highly doubt so unless the load are evenly distributed) and the price is $85.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    oic, maybe you wanna ask your friend. because the cheapest i seen that hits all your requirement is the slik sprint pro (rated 2.5kg load, but i highly doubt so unless the load are evenly distributed) and the price is $85.
    oic...=( how am I to afford it Hmm probably not 2kg? Just my 350D + kit lens + flash currently.

aiyah, I gave a Canon tripod unused to a friend.
    you should have posted earlier.

If you can find a tripod with ballhead for 25 bucks that supports 2 kg then I think everyone here would be interested too.

sorry don't meant to crash.... as long as we are at the subject of penny pinching... anybody know where to get a monopod for $25 bucks also?

I got a very light DigiPod TR160 for my Canon P&S a year ago from Mustafa for just S$15.
    It barely holds up my E-330 with its 14-54mm lens and flash (almost 3kg load together), but it's still usable. Smaller and lighter than the Olympus O-88 I got with my DSLR kit package. Still looking for that 'perfect' travel tripod. The Slik Sprint Mini was considered at one point but I was put off by mixed online opinions about it. MS Color had the Sprint Mini for about S$65.

it is not wise to save on tripod....your setup might be too heavy for tripod and whole thing might just collapse... even if can barely support,also not stable....

then you save a little $ on tripod, but lose a lot $ elsewhere, cause your camera and lens break or dented....
    Hope to learn from everyone here....

i got a tripod for RM18 during the KL PC fair....

let me share my experience with u guys...

for me to place the camera at the right place....i must lock the noobs a little bit higher...then when i let go....it will fall a little and then my camera will be at the right place...

for RM18....i think its worth the trouble...

if u wanna pay SGD25.....i hope u dont face the same problem as me....

now....i'm saving up for a better tripod.....around RM450...

Mind to share what the brand and model is for RM450? As i'm also looking for a better tripod.

i just plonked 285 bucks on a benro A198 and BH-1 from jack in this forum..heh.. Never actually seen a benro in action but judging from the reviews here n elsewhere, should be a decent buy.

My advice for ultra-cheap tripods, forget it lah. My er..13 dollar tripod that was good enuff for my sony PnS, i loaded my 30d and 17-85mm IS lense on it. It can still hold it up but u need to have one of the tripod legs directly below the lense if not there is a high chance that it will topple over.

Nonetheless i'm still keeping it, for my sony.

Anyone want a cheapo tripod can pm me? Bought at a computer fair 2-3yrs ago for $25, I can give you for free in return of a "Thanks You"...

Got myself a CF tripod & head for $550 recently....

Quote Originally Posted by broccoli View Post
    Anyone want a cheapo tripod can pm me? Bought at a computer fair 2-3yrs ago for $25, I can give you for free in return of a "Thanks You"...

Got myself a CF tripod & head for $550 recently....
    where do you live? if in the west i can get from you? thanks!!

CLementi West Street 1

CLementi West Street 1
    can. when you free? meet you at Clementi MRT lah.. thanks..

the carpark next to mrt...out from control station, turn right & walk straight till you see the car park...sms me at 97994627

the carpark next to mrt...out from control station, turn right & walk straight till you see the car park...sms me at 97994627
    ok... see you....when are you free?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast