Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need recommendation for a DSLR cam!

Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR cam!

you can get a 300d at a very cheap price and use a modified firmware to enable the use of many more custom functions.

it's excellent value for money as canon just disable the functions via firmware initially.

At harvey norman jurong point, saw a 300D display set for sale at $800++
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

I saw one at my working place, centrepoint. It looks so freakin beautiful! Omgzxdsz.

Think I should get it from there? Hmmm.

You should try the feel of the camera on your hand also. I personally tried out the quality and feel of the Canon choices before settling on Nikon because of the feel of the camera on your hand and good value for money lens options.

I would suggest the Nikon D40 which takes excellent shots and it is very affordable. If you have a little more budget, you can go for Nikon D80 Kit with 18-135mm lens. Good value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Hi Le'Jay,

welcome to the world of photography

Thinking of some new kit? Can't say I blame you, I think of that ALL the time.....must be the BBB virus

Perhaps some points to consider would be:

i) What is your budget?
    ii) What limitations does your current camera impose on your chosen area of photography? (eg: landscape, macro, wild-life.....)
    iii) Which area(s) of photography are you most interested in?
    iv) Do you see yourself keeping this hobby for some time to come? (photography IS an expensive hobby, unfortunately)
    v) What other cameras/lenses/accessories do you currently possess?

Bernard
    i've been lurking here for the past couple of months (say,3 months)? deciding upon a new dslr. i'm looking at a canon 30D, Nikon D70s, and a canon 400D.
    i'm pretty much new. the budget for the camera would be about 3K(give or take).
    the ability to control the quality of my pictures is quite the "stifling" factor for me. and the focus, off-focus kinda thing.
    area of photography- the main subject i want for me should be people. closeups, gigs and maybe a little of scenery. will delve into architecture, just not yet.
    i do see myself down the line of photography. may wanna turn it into a career or some sort.then again, for now, it's a hobby i'm dying for. but as foretold by my uncles and friends it's gonna take a toll on my cashflow(i'm a student!).
    i've learned about teeny weeny bits of photography in school.(Mass Comm) rule of thirds, **** like that.
    some PnS olympus camera. i've tried using my friend's nikon D70s and i love the weight of it.
    that's about it. what should i get folks??

maybe i should tell you guys my inspiration to take up photography, awe-inspiring pictures like the piercing stare of an Iraqi(not too sure of the nationality tho') girl which made it to one of the Cover Page of Nat Geo. emotion-evoking pictures like these are what i look to capture.
    Last edited by likewtfyo; 2nd January 2007 at 04:14 PM.

That would be an Afghan girl, correct me if I am wrong.
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

well, my bad. apologies. so which dslr should i get?

Quote Originally Posted by likewtfyo View Post
    i've been lurking here for the past couple of months (say,3 months)? deciding upon a new dslr. i'm looking at a canon 30D, Nikon D70s, and a canon 400D.
    i'm pretty much new. the budget for the camera would be about 3K(give or take).
    the ability to control the quality of my pictures is quite the "stifling" factor for me. and the focus, off-focus kinda thing.
    area of photography- the main subject i want for me should be people. closeups, gigs and maybe a little of scenery. will delve into architecture, just not yet.
    i do see myself down the line of photography. may wanna turn it into a career or some sort.then again, for now, it's a hobby i'm dying for. but as foretold by my uncles and friends it's gonna take a toll on my cashflow(i'm a student!).
    i've learned about teeny weeny bits of photography in school.(Mass Comm) rule of thirds, **** like that.
    some PnS olympus camera. i've tried using my friend's nikon D70s and i love the weight of it.
    that's about it. what should i get folks??

maybe i should tell you guys my inspiration to take up photography, awe-inspiring pictures like the piercing stare of an Iraqi(not too sure of the nationality tho') girl which made it to one of the Cover Page of Nat Geo. emotion-evoking pictures like these are what i look to capture.
    given your 3k budget, I would recommand d80 kit+ sb600(or sb800 if you need it), that would total to about 2.2k and you can spent the rest on stuffs like batt/sd card/filters/bag and possible another lens.

hmm, what about the Canon 30D? and 400D? i know there's this battle between Nikon and Canon in the DSLR race. but what should i get to squeeze every possible opportunity out of the camera?

hmm, what about the Canon 30D? and 400D? i know there's this battle between Nikon and Canon in the DSLR race. but what should i get to squeeze every possible opportunity out of the camera?
    both got their pro and con... I recommand d80 becos im using Nikon, and im sure it will fit your requirement.
    as for canon 30d or 400d, im sure both are good enough as well.

nice, i've got plenty of replies from nikon and canon users. and yes they're all subjective. anyway. people have told me, nikon for entry level would be the optimal. whereas if i wanna progress further, a canon would be more apt.

Deregistered

nice, i've got plenty of replies from nikon and canon users. and yes they're all subjective. anyway. people have told me, nikon for entry level would be the optimal. whereas if i wanna progress further, a canon would be more apt.
    why not try the D200...

why D200?

why D200?
    d200 is more than high end for most non-professional users.

ok, by more than high-end.. you mean "inappropriate for hobbyist?"

ok, by more than high-end.. you mean "inappropriate for hobbyist?"
    no, not inappropriate, but able to meet the need of most non-professional users.

D200 or 30D? which would you advise?

D200 or 30D? which would you advise?
    I take d200 for sure, theres a little more functions but the price is also slightly higher.
    imho get the camera that you think suit you best and not what other advise. both are more than capable.

yeah. damn, i need guidance. cause it's not going to be a cheap investment.

yeah. damn, i need guidance. cause it's not going to be a cheap investment.
    go to the shop and have a feel...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast