Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What do you think ?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Newcastle (UK)
    Posts
    192

    Talking What do you think ?

    What do u guys think about this photo? Kindly give me your genuine feedback. I would like to know how I can improve.

    I thought this can be used as a post card.



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What do you think ?

    horizon is slanted, the arc is cropped. unless u got a bigger picture... else its a no go.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Newcastle (UK)
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: What do you think ?

    Thank you.Well, I have not cropped the photos so I don't think I can do much about it.Mmmm...I can go and take another when I have time though

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    horizon is slanted, the arc is cropped. unless u got a bigger picture... else its a no go.

  4. #4

    Default Re: What do you think ?

    I love this bridge but I've don't think you've done it justice. The dark area and street light in the foreground are distracting and the bridge has been slightly cropped. I am sure the bridge is lit up at night (I've only been to Newcastle once and it was in the summer so long summer evenings) so maybe that would be something to try.

    At the moment I don't think this can make it as a postcard.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Newcastle (UK)
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: What do you think ?

    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    I love this bridge but I've don't think you've done it justice. The dark area and street light in the foreground are distracting and the bridge has been slightly cropped. I am sure the bridge is lit up at night (I've only been to Newcastle once and it was in the summer so long summer evenings) so maybe that would be something to try.

    At the moment I don't think this can make it as a postcard.

  6. #6

    Default Re: What do you think ?

    colours are good. composition has to work on - now it is neither a street scene nor an object scene.
    Canon 5D & 35L + Panasonic Lumix GX1 & 20mm
    Flickr | Buy Baobao's photobook!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: What do you think ?

    Quote Originally Posted by singdude View Post
    Thank you.Well, I have not cropped the photos so I don't think I can do much about it.Mmmm...I can go and take another when I have time though
    dude..I agree with DCA, the arch is very obviously cropped isn't it. It's all the way to the edge of the photo already.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  8. #8

    Default Re: What do you think ?

    If you were to go back to the same place, perhaps you wanna make the bridge the main subject of your pics? I agree with eastwest that you can do more with it... the lines symmetry etc. Right now, it does not really stand out.

    Hey, any chance of taking some pics of St James Park? Newcastle FC happens to be my fav team...

  9. #9

    Default Re: What do you think ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    horizon is slanted, the arc is cropped. unless u got a bigger picture... else its a no go.
    Yeah.. But it's sharp, and the colors are good. Some redeeming points.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •