Thread: PS- CS2 & Adobe Bridge

Default PS- CS2 & Adobe Bridge

Anyone using Adobe bridge?

I find that the program totally slows down my pc.

When i check windows task manager's performance...it is always at 100%.

Can anyone tell me what system requirements is needed to run Bridge smoothly?

Default Re: PS- CS2 & Adobe Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Rolldrum View Post
    Anyone using Adobe bridge?

I find that the program totally slows down my pc.

When i check windows task manager's performance...it is always at 100%.

Can anyone tell me what system requirements is needed to run Bridge smoothly?
    You must have at least 2GB of RAM to run both Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Bridge smoothly. 1GB of RAM is still ok but not great. And of course, your CPU must be at least a Pentium 4, preferably with Hyper-Threading.

When Photoshop processes image data, it divides the image into sections called tiles. By default, the maximum size of each tile is 132 KB of RAM.

You can activate the Bigger Tiles plug-in to increase the tile size. If you assign 261 MB to 1 GB of RAM to the Memory & Image Cache preference in Photoshop, the tile size increases to 260 KB. Likewise, if you assign more than 1 GB RAM, the tile size increases to 1 MB.

Activating the plug-in reduces the overall amount of time Photoshop takes to process an image, especially on computers with more than 1 GB of RAM.

For Windows-based system, you can activate "bigger tiles" feature by going to: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Plug-Ins/Adobe Photoshop Only/Extensions/Bigger Tiles.

Rename the file, removing the tilde (~) from the file name and restart Photoshop.

You will find your Photoshop CS2 runs smoother and loads faster.
    Last edited by photobum; 22nd December 2006 at 07:01 AM.

Preferably 4GB of RAM

THnaks for the tip photobum
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Preferably 4GB of RAM
    The G5 in my office is running 16GB of RAM!

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Haha your office using dat for PS or video rendering?

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Haha your office using dat for PS or video rendering?
    Mainly PS.... but we use it for other applications as well. We don't do video though.

I know it is a bit overkill for PS work, but my boss has a deep pocket, so I might as well enjoy it.
    Last edited by photobum; 24th December 2006 at 02:45 AM.

Deregistered

I always see 1.5GB of ram in use when running cs2...will have to go 2GB ram end of feb...its just too slow...

i using Adobe bridge too when manage wit my raw file..it run really smooth in my 2GB ram notebook wit running CS2 in the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    I always see 1.5GB of ram in use when running cs2...will have to go 2GB ram end of feb...its just too slow...
    r u sure?

16GB of RAM? 8 x 2GB sticks??? How much are those 2GB sticks and who make them? Are you sure it's not just 8GB of RAM?

That's not gonna do much good for Photoshop... as CS2 only can address up to 3072MB right now; CS3 will be the same until Leopard hit the market.

The only apps that can use those RAM will be FCP, Motion, etc. I think.
    Last edited by oeyvind; 26th December 2006 at 05:59 AM.

2GB sticks are quite easily purchaseable on the net actually...

not much we can do about photoshop memory usage at the moment...it is only speculation that more memory might be allowed with leopard...well, at least I won't have an urge to break the bank to maximise RAM for photoshop...

what speculation, when API is all there and it's legally seeded?

Where do you buy 2GB sticks? I only see 1GB sticks on dealram:

http://dealnews.com/memory/prices/sy...30633/2GB.html

I do see 2G PC2-4200 modules at abt 600-800 USD per stick at:

http://dealnews.com/memory/prices/sy...41285/2GB.html

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind View Post
    what speculation, when API is all there and it's legally seeded?

Where do you buy 2GB sticks? I only see 1GB sticks on dealram:

http://dealnews.com/memory/prices/sy...30633/2GB.html

I do see 2G PC2-4200 modules at abt 600-800 USD per stick at:

http://dealnews.com/memory/prices/sy...41285/2GB.html
    until Adobe launches the product, it really is speculation...its not in the CS3 beta, and unless they make drastic changes from their beta, which is unlikely as adobe programmers on adobe's forum have already said that they don't see much significance in performance to have a 64bit photoshop (CS3 is still really a 32bit program) at this point in time, then it probably isn't gonna happen for CS3...maybe CS4, but that is speculation on my part...(by the way, I'm talking about photoshop using more RAM, not leopard, in case there's a misunderstanding there)

as for RAM, if we are talking about DDR2s for the newer G5s, there's plenty...unless the G5s we are talking about are the older ones that take DDR...

You must have at least 2GB of RAM to run both Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Bridge smoothly. 1GB of RAM is still ok but not great. And of course, your CPU must be at least a Pentium 4, preferably with Hyper-Threading.

When Photoshop processes image data, it divides the image into sections called tiles. By default, the maximum size of each tile is 132 KB of RAM.

You can activate the Bigger Tiles plug-in to increase the tile size. If you assign 261 MB to 1 GB of RAM to the Memory & Image Cache preference in Photoshop, the tile size increases to 260 KB. Likewise, if you assign more than 1 GB RAM, the tile size increases to 1 MB.

Activating the plug-in reduces the overall amount of time Photoshop takes to process an image, especially on computers with more than 1 GB of RAM.

For Windows-based system, you can activate "bigger tiles" feature by going to: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Plug-Ins/Adobe Photoshop Only/Extensions/Bigger Tiles.

Rename the file, removing the tilde (~) from the file name and restart Photoshop.

You will find your Photoshop CS2 runs smoother and loads faster.
    This is really a great tip.. at least my Photoshop CS2 loads much faster now...

Cheers

16GB of RAM?

Wah lau... I think even the most pro server in my office doens't have even half of 16GB....

Keke, guess who's running a 2 tier, 8g ram disk?
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Sigh... I only have 1.5GB to run photoshop and all..

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    was thinking of getting something like that...you using Gigabyte's i-RAM or something else?...how's it working for you?...