Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any ACDSee users ?

Default Re: Any ACDSee users ?

there's a freeware, XNView which has features similar to ACDSee and is not bloated. Installer only about 4MB.

http://www.xnview.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    there's a freeware, XNView which has features similar to ACDSee and is not bloated. Installer only about 4MB.

http://www.xnview.com/

Wah..
    Unbloated software... rare..
    Just found a bug though..
    The Contact Sheet function, doesn't display protrait images in the correct orientation.

I can never get ACDSee to display the images identical to PS. The color is always off. No idea why?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I can never get ACDSee to display the images identical to PS. The color is always off. No idea why?
    yes same here... the color always looks more dull as compared with PS or even Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    Wah..
    Unbloated software... rare..
    Just found a bug though..
    The Contact Sheet function, doesn't display protrait images in the correct orientation.

well spotted. i use the contact sheet function on edited images so i don't see orientation bug.

acdsee can be set to show at certain gamma levels [but it doesnt sound like culprit in this case], pshop has customisable colour management, which you can set, and probably need to check as the default is probably not what your photos are at [and this does sound like the culprit], and you can also choose how pshop handles the images - whether or not it converts them to whatever colour system its using at the time, or ignores it, or asks you, etc.
    i normally have it matched to my monitor i think than my camera pics, since i deal with alot of imagery from elsewhere, including computer generated which wouldnt have the same colour information.
    *D700,D2X,D2H,Mamiya*

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    acdsee can be set to show at certain gamma levels [but it doesnt sound like culprit in this case], pshop has customisable colour management, which you can set, and probably need to check as the default is probably not what your photos are at [and this does sound like the culprit], and you can also choose how pshop handles the images - whether or not it converts them to whatever colour system its using at the time, or ignores it, or asks you, etc.
    i normally have it matched to my monitor i think than my camera pics, since i deal with alot of imagery from elsewhere, including computer generated which wouldnt have the same colour information.
    I dono, but so far all my images displayed in ACDsee seems to look not as vibrant as it should(compared with both Photoshop and windows default viewer). This happen on both sRGB and aRGB color space. not sure about the other since this 2 is the most frequent used color space.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfoot17 View Post
    Hi all,

just wondering if there r any ACDSee users, besides majority of PS users ?

Yes me.
    Very good.
    You may be wondering why sometimes when you post such messages relating to any software, you do not get any replies even after a long time.

It is possible that the reason is that those who are using pirated versions of the software that you mentioned; are afraid of committing in forums that they are using xx or yy software.

Hence a deathly silence.

Another possible reason is that the software is so important to them that they feel they have lost something very valuable if they were to share user tricks and shortcuts with others. Usually arises in a "tan jiak" situation where they earn a living from/with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Hmmm ... learnt something new ...

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Yes me.
    Very good.
    You may be wondering why sometimes when you post such messages relating to any software, you do not get any replies even after a long time.

It is possible that the reason is that those who are using pirated versions of the software that you mentioned; are afraid of committing in forums that they are using xx or yy software.

Hence a deathly silence.

Another possible reason is that the software is so important to them that they feel they have lost something very valuable if they were to share user tricks and shortcuts with others. Usually arises in a "tan jiak" situation where they earn a living from/with it.
    Understand what u mean abt the deadly silence. But so far, response has been quite good, or may b it's just me...

I guess when it comes to workflow, everybody will be doing it differently, so if there r particular qns abt using a certain function/s, some may not wanna share their secrets.
    But I dun tink ppl will b so selfish as to nt even wanna share wat kind of S/W they r using :-)

Am using ACDSee 7. Like the workflow of arranging the pictures and able to view it at the same time. Any other way of using it am not too sure. I know there's a slide show, yet am not too sure how to make full use of it.

i have been using ACDsee for a few yrs,only complaint is the color management is quite screwed up..
    the colors of the image on the right side will be diff from the one in the preview box on the left.
    any idea how to "sync" it ?
    i'm using an identical software called photo mechanic on my ibook,no problems with the color management at all.
    Last edited by kex; 23rd December 2006 at 01:16 AM.

Geezz, really din know abt seriousness of the colour management problem. Seems like quite a problem to deal with eh ?

But overall, as a amatuer, must say that the S/W is really quite friendly and useful. Just my 2 cts ...

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    yes same here... the color always looks more dull as compared with PS or even Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    I used ACDSee for touch-ups for a short while before moving to Raw Essentials + CS2. I think others had known ACDSee lacked color profile management, see below:

http://forums.acdsystems.com/index.php?showtopic=1590
    http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetc...id=0090Vq&tag=
    "...not taking what one doesn't desire is the hardest thing in the world" - Albert Camus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12