Thread: Vivo City

Default Vivo City

I shot this image in vivo using a ultra wide angle lens (many thanks to kynoe). There seems to be a greenish colour cast on the image. How can i improve on this picture?
    Last edited by nkhoo; 21st December 2006 at 10:58 AM.

Default Re: Vivo City

Looks really soft dun you think... composition is interesting but I would crop out the top or shift the cam down instead.
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

good use of the V shape... but not work for me

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Looks really soft dun you think... composition is interesting but I would crop out the top or shift the cam down instead.
    ya,

why is it sometimes the pictures turns out soft?....its not bad focusing isit?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolldrum View Post
    ya,

why is it sometimes the pictures turns out soft?....its not bad focusing isit?
    Many reasons. Handshake, lens problem, back/front focusing, etc.

Shoot more and scrutinize your shots
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

what aperture did you use.
    Canon 5D & 35L + Panasonic Lumix GX1 & 20mm
    Flickr | Buy Baobao's photobook!

exif says 1/25, 10mm, ISO 400 at F5.

looks really soft to me. maybe some handshake. shutter speed seems ok for that focal length. but F5 also a bit shallow for such a deep subject.

Thanks for your replys. Yes, i realised it is a bit soft... I think it's because of the f-stop. Should have used f8 or even f16, but i dun think i can hand-hold at that low a shuttle speed. The lens i was using is a efs10mm-22mm lens, so the softness could not be the lens....

definitely aperture and shutter speed. 1/25 is too slow handheld at any focal length, esp. if not seasoned shooter. the photo appears underexposed too.
    Canon 5D & 35L + Panasonic Lumix GX1 & 20mm
    Flickr | Buy Baobao's photobook!

But the lens was set at 10mm... which after conversion is 16mm... I shot it at 1/25... maybe my hands were not steady... Haha... I'll improve on my hand holding.

Hi, some suggestions to take better handheld shots.

Try keep your arms closer to your body and keep the camera closer to your body to minimise hand shaking.

Try to not hold the camera for too long while your eyes are trained on the subject as you will tend to shake more as time passes.

And also try to hold your breathe before taking...take the shot in between heartbeats...

I know the above sounds exaggerating, but I'm able to beat my friend's FZ-7 with his IS on while using my old sony F707 on sharpness.

If you've fired a gun in NS, you would fine these very familiar...like sniping...LOL.

Ok some tips if you don't mind my two-sents worth:

1) to create the effect, both foreground and background must be sharp - tripod and aperture f18 and above,

2) don't just set your white balance to "Auto" use "incandlecant" instead because of that the green casting as you mentioned,

Otherwise, I like the idea of a lone man sitting in what supposedly should be a darn crowded place. Very nice concept. Keep it up.

Nick

Haha, thanks for your advice. Yes, i've fired many types of guns in NS. I'll remember that the next time before i press the shuttle button. Thanks for all your comments. I'll try to improve my ideas for my next shoot!

i feel like i'm stabbed by the 'Vee'....