Thread: Mini Prom

Default Mini Prom

here's a shot of a mini prom.

too bad i had to take the shot with the animal in cage. I think its a challenge to snap hyper active animals. They are not as willing as humans to pose for u.
    Take a shot, freeze the moment.

Default Re: Mini Prom

Its a pretty ok attempt given the confines in which you have to shoot. I'd get down lower to even level and open up the apreture more to blur out the metal cage bars. Alternatively you could use the bars as part of the composition use yse them to frame or lead the viewer to the dog.

I do agree that taking animals is hard though as its not easy to direct them (espcially cats!)

BTW its Pom(short for pomeranian) not prom
    Last edited by raptor84; 20th December 2006 at 11:28 PM.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Thks for the critique.
    I got another pic.
    Take a shot, freeze the moment.

You are only allowed 1 picture in this sub-forum per week please read the guidelines. Anyways yes I like this one more but a few more things to watch out.

I did mention about the cage bars and having them stick out behind the head is a distraction. Also the face seems under exposed and flat. I cans ee some catchlights (form ambient) in the eyes but the lighting is not enough to illuminate the subject IMHO.

Try not to cut off ears and to leave a little more room above the head (this is one major difference of animal vs human portraits ) as most pets have ears that stick out above thier heads. I tend to be guilty of this alot.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by itoshii View Post
    here's a shot of a mini prom.

too bad i had to take the shot with the animal in cage. I think its a challenge to snap hyper active animals. They are not as willing as humans to pose for u.
    doesn't mean u have to cage to shoot, understand your pet, then know their style and take them unknowingly. if they like you, they'll listen to your instructions to get the poses you want.

anyway, your pic does not work... cos u did a bad delete job on the background. newspaper distracting, the cage as well, face underexpose, toy distracting. so on & so forth.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Its a pretty ok attempt given the confines in which you have to shoot. I'd get down lower to even level and open up the apreture more to blur out the metal cage bars. Alternatively you could use the bars as part of the composition use yse them to frame or lead the viewer to the dog.

I do agree that taking animals is hard though as its not easy to direct them (espcially cats!)

BTW its Pom(short for pomeranian) not prom
    The god has spoken