Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 105

Thread: Help!!! How to handle love?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Hi Stallion:

    You have a valid point.

    It is possible to love two people at the same time? Have you ever experience it before?

    Do you think monogamy is the result of human jealousy and also our desire to have exclusive access to someone?
    Yes, it is possible to love two people at the same time, although, I have not experienced it but know of people who have.

    Monogamy, may be due to what you have said, but it could also be due to the human need to be loved. I know id want someone around me who loved me, but why not 2 or more? Well, then jealousy would factor in, and in most situations cause alot of problems. In my opinion, monogomy is due to a deep connection that you will not likely find within another soul and therefore want to keep near to you, hence, marriage.

    I asked this question to a friend, so you get another view, this is what she replied:

    yes
    i think its both
    but they're both almost as one
    cos u need exclusive access to someone to feel secure, but u need to feel secure and feel like u have something and someone to get rid of jealousy of someone else
    also because its not right to play around tho

    Hope this helps

  2. #22

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    I guess everyone reacts differently to this kind of situation.
    You should know how your gf/wife would react if you know her well..

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Just to add:

    Sometimes u really just wudnt find another person u connect that deeply with
    or when u have one person, u have no desire to find another, it would feel like ur not being loyal

  4. #24

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by zeith View Post
    You should know how your gf/wife would react if you know her well..

    I really wish I could read minds, human are just too complicated. Who knows he/she is just waiting for you to call it off.
    It's just like stock market, made up of so many individuals, and its behavior is never rational and can never be predicted.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    I really wish I could read minds, human are just too complicated. Who knows he/she is just waiting for you to call it off.
    It's just like stock market, made up of so many individuals, and its behavior is never rational and can never be predicted.
    That's when you don't trust her or have faith in her anymore. What makes you say that?

  6. #26

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Are we all created with love in us? What is the intention of the creator has for us in the game of love?

    I can be sure that we all want love and be loved. But at the same time love also caused alot of miseries.

    Too much too think.
    Good nite my friends.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Are we all created with love in us? What is the intention of the creator has for us in the game of love?

    I can be sure that we all want love and be loved. But at the same time love also caused alot of miseries.

    Too much too think.
    Good nite my friends.
    Good Night and Good Luck

  8. #28

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Are we all created with love in us? What is the intention of the creator has for us in the game of love?

    I can be sure that we all want love and be loved. But at the same time love also caused alot of miseries.

    Too much too think.
    Good nite my friends.
    I never actively sought someone to love. I never really chased girls or was interested in starting a relationship with another human. I was more intrested in taking photos and learnign about animal behaviour I guess its more that coincidence that I met my current GF. She was going though a rough spot and we seemed to click on so many levels that it seemed to transition seamlessly from friendship to something more.

    I guess in that sense we are all made with some notion of love in us but it may take someone else to help us discover that. I guess you should put your faith in whatever god you believe in that he/she/it will know what is best for you. In any relationship both parties have to be completely honest with each other and open communication is important. I really hate it when there are issues left hanging and I always try to resolve it as soon as possible.

    As a final tongue in cheek advice ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwKbUVyHLY (my GF sent me this link)
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  9. #29

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    相爱容易相处难.....
    u might not want to admit..u just dun love yr darling as much as before...rite?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    I guess most of us have experienced the feeling of falling in love. The feeling is so electrifying that we constantly crave for it purposely or subconsciously.

    The big problem is that you are already attached or married and this lovely lady/man at work suddenly comes into your life. Work brings you both together, his /her mysterious senses arouse your curiosity, his/her personality impressed you, his/her sense of humor mesmerizes you; his/her beauty face march up and down in your skull 24/7. Most importantly he/she gives you that splendid feeling of falling in love once more.

    Have you ever been in this situation? And how would you handle this situation?
    Are we built in such a way that we can fall in love a lot of times and love not just one person?
    nothing is confirmed until u both survived thru a few quarrels.

  11. #31
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    you need to wrap it in money..
    sigh.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    You have to look deep inside you. Is it Love or Lust? Most of time it is simply just Lust. Normal human behaviour.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Be a man... Do the right thing...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #34
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    You made a vow but if it is no longer working.. you need to sit her down and talk honestly. Also, alot of people don't know what they've got until it is gone.

    Imagine this, after breaking up, she finds another... can you take it? seeing her with another man. It's a two way street you know? a woman can get hitch as easily in fact more than a man.

    ../azul123

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    1st come, 1st served!!

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    You made a vow but if it is no longer working.. you need to sit her down and talk honestly. Also, alot of people don't know what they've got until it is gone.

    Imagine this, after breaking up, she finds another... can you take it? seeing her with another man. It's a two way street you know? a woman can get hitch as easily in fact more than a man.

    ../azul123
    i think he won't look back when he is with the other girl, unless the other girl is 2 timing him and then he saw the other girl with another guy...

    sh!t happens when he have nowhere to dock... thats the worst or should i say best scenario for him anyway.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #37
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i think he won't look back when he is with the other girl
    This might help. What is it? male chastity belt. It will hurt for every erection.



    ../azul123

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    This might help. What is it? male chastity belt. It will hurt for every erection.



    ../azul123
    damnit... i think he'll pee on his pants everytime... so much so he have to ask girls how they pee...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Have you ever been in this situation? And how would you handle this situation?
    Are we built in such a way that we can fall in love a lot of times and love not just one person?
    This kind of situation is very normal, even after you have steady bf/gf or married. There's nothing wrong with you. The difference between people is how they handle it. Me, I take conscious steps to minimize seeing that person or coming into contact, although if it's at work, it may not be fully avoidable. Anyway, keep your head clear, it's not love, it's just lust. Enjoy the feeling while it lasts but don't get carried away.

  20. #40
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,678

    Default Re: Help!!! How to handle love?

    I think the outcome will be decided by you.. yourself.
    It's perfectly fine to love.. and it's a great thing to do but in this case, it's not only love.. it's commitment as well.

    You need to ask yourself this question:
    Do you still love your gf or wife.. Do you want to start a relationship with another girl.

    If you decided to stay with your gf or wife..
    - whenever you are with this new girl.. tell her how great your gf or wife is.. she will leave you eventually.

    If you decided to leave your gf or wife..
    - think back the first time you started the relationship with her.. this will make you recall the reason why you love her in the first place..


    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    I guess most of us have experienced the feeling of falling in love. The feeling is so electrifying that we constantly crave for it purposely or subconsciously.

    The big problem is that you are already attached or married and this lovely lady/man at work suddenly comes into your life. Work brings you both together, his /her mysterious senses arouse your curiosity, his/her personality impressed you, his/her sense of humor mesmerizes you; his/her beauty face march up and down in your skull 24/7. Most importantly he/she gives you that splendid feeling of falling in love once more.

    Have you ever been in this situation? And how would you handle this situation?
    Are we built in such a way that we can fall in love a lot of times and love not just one person?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •