Thread: member's porfolios

Angry member's porfolios

Recently, I just suscribed to a new webspace. I link some of my images to member's porfolios. I did not know I MUST include at least 5 pictures. Pardon me because I did not clear about the posting rules (I tried to "edit" but was forbidden to do so by the system-- I was planning to add 4 more pictures after I was informed that I CANNOT post ONLY 1 picture)

There were some problems for the links (i fixed them now). Unfortunately I felt sad regarding the moderators' acts.

Well, is it just because that my links did not work (later I found out those pictures that I viewed were from my PC cache) therefore mods moved my thread to garbage bin and testing area.

I felt very angry. Even though my skill is very lousy, there is no reason mods SHOULD "threw away" my thread.

I sincerely hope that I can get an acceptable answer from moderators. I also understand that this is a private forum, rules are made by moderators and forumners shall not have any objections.

Another issue is that please look at this thread:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=20185

this forumner/poster has the similar problems as mine. My thread was just one thread above his. (sorry to the poster, but I need this example to explain my circumstance)

My question is, since this thread has the similar problem as mine (links do not work), why mine one was being moved to garbage bin and testing area and yet his one still remain?

Or is it because his one has 5 beautiful "red" cross, mine only has one, therefore mine was being moved?

Well, I fully desperated with the services of the moderators.

my original thread:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=24475

I am not posting this thread to start a verbal fight, just a reasonable answers will do.
    Last edited by 007; 11th February 2003 at 05:07 PM.

Dear 007,

Pls do not feel angry over these things.

A behind the door bashing of the Mods *oops*
    cannot said.....

Err.. well .. no worries... you have your ans soon.....

*blish blish*

*So you are the MOD*
    *ah-blish *

Originally posted by Bluestrike
    Dear 007,

Pls do not feel angry over these things.

A behind the door bashing of the Mods *oops*
    cannot said.....

Err.. well .. no worries... you have your ans soon.....

*blish blish*

*So you are the MOD*
    *ah-blish *
    thanks. Actually I don't feel so bad after all. I hope that it is merely a misunderstanding. You are right. Just that I found that there is something mods can do to improve this forum. After all I love this forum a lot.

I really respect your patience to finish my long and stinks message which full with lots of grammatical mistakes.

anyway, I do not want to get the bottom of this since you have given me your sincere "advice".

ClubSNAP Admin

Theres definitely no misunderstanding in this whole issue. The mods who replied to your thread had already explained that any testing should be done over at the testing forum. Thats the whole purpose why we setup the testing forum. Its meant for people who arent sure if their posting of image links will work.

For your case, you can always repost the same set of pictures to the Portfolio forum once the image links work.

As for the other thread, it may be a overlook on our part. I have already moved the thread to the testing forum. Thanks for informing us.

Last but not least, ClubSNAP never "threw" away any thread/post regardless the poster/photographer skills level. We are all here to learn as a community and I hope this reply of mine will clear up any misunderstanding you have.

Originally posted by Simon
    Theres definitely no misunderstanding in this whole issue. The mods who replied to your thread had already explained that any testing should be done over at the testing forum. Thats the whole purpose why we setup the testing forum. Its meant for people who arent sure if their posting of image links will work.

For your case, you can always repost the same set of pictures to the Portfolio forum once the image links work.

As for the other thread, it may be a overlook on our part. I have already moved the thread to the testing forum. Thanks for informing us.

Last but not least, ClubSNAP never "threw" away any thread/post regardless the poster/photographer skills level. We are all here to learn as a community and I hope this reply of mine will clear up any misunderstanding you have.
    thanks for your words. I will remember these.

response time.

Originally posted by Simon

Hi there, as for that thread, it's definitely NOT an overlook as that thread if you realised, his/her initial post was dated 3-12-2002 09:19 PM.

I have seen the thread before myself and it was fine until lately openlens was and still is experiencing problem with hosting pictures, hence you saw the 5 red x and the thread starter desperately trying to rectify the problems.