Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

  1. #1

    Default Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

    Hi,

    Just bought a Canon 400D. Been testing it, found that it shots
    pretty good pictures when there is natural light. However
    for photos I took at Chinese Restraurant, I found it to be
    just average. The photos when in Program AE comes out
    with a bluish tinge while portrait mode would bathe the
    people with flash light. I suspect the lighting to be problem.

    By the way, I am using the kit lens and a 50mm f/1.8 lens.
    Any tips to remedy the problem? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

    It's White Balance problem.

    Try using FLASH white balance or DAYLIGHT white balance?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

    Post some pic here...


    ,

  4. #4

    Default Re: Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

    Private photos of my in-laws. Don't think my relatives
    would want to see their faces for everyone to see

    But as mentioned, not satisfied with the photos. AJ23
    has pointed out it could be a White Balance problem ...
    Maybe I also need an external flash unit too?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

    Quote Originally Posted by a-z0-9 View Post
    Private photos of my in-laws. Don't think my relatives
    would want to see their faces for everyone to see

    But as mentioned, not satisfied with the photos. AJ23
    has pointed out it could be a White Balance problem ...
    Maybe I also need an external flash unit too?
    Shoot in RAW. then adjust the WB later. Or get an expodisk for WB tuning each time you shoot

  6. #6

    Default Re: Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

    If u have a DSLR, u should get a external flash to maximised a SLR potential especially indoors.

    For indoors, using Manual mode and bounced flash (depend on the ceiling color and height). This will give u a very natural looking pic.

    James

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    Shoot in RAW. then adjust the WB later. Or get an expodisk for WB tuning each time you shoot
    expodisk?
    what's that?

    regards,
    jizeng

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: Taking photos in Chinese Restraurant

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23 View Post
    It's White Balance problem.

    Try using FLASH white balance or DAYLIGHT white balance?
    Hi AJ23,

    I have been using Auto WB for flash photography. Came across your this thread and find it interesting on the WB. I just wondering will it lost the ambience light if set to flash WB?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •