Thread: Boy

Default Boy

Hi all first time taking human snaps. Can tell me how i can improve? Pic straight from camera, only resized. thanks

Default Re: Boy

focusing need to improve.
    composition, head room too much, hand cropped.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

ok noted for the focusing and head room. I should show the whole hand right? Thanks for your comments

Quote Originally Posted by soldier View Post
    ok noted for the focusing and head room. I should show the whole hand right? Thanks for your comments
    not necessary the whole hand should be seen, but this shot, the hand look weird. this type of shot, a full face would work too, else a 3/4 body shot also can.

try to do manual focusing next time, or DMF, if your camera have it, focus on the eye.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Either that or crop tighter to avoid showing the elbow.

Focusing seems a lil off too. After checking the exif, I can guess why..

Try using f2.8 - f4 instead. I know you're trying for maximum bokeh, but at f1.4, the DOF is too thin... so the subject appears very soft...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Either that or crop tighter to avoid showing the elbow.

Focusing seems a lil off too. After checking the exif, I can guess why..

Try using f2.8 - f4 instead. I know you're trying for maximum bokeh, but at f1.4, the DOF is too thin... so the subject appears very soft...
    thanks man. ok i will play around with apertures next time.

Another question, should I be composing my shoot to minimise crops, or should i just shoot away and crop later? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    not necessary the whole hand should be seen, but this shot, the hand look weird. this type of shot, a full face would work too, else a 3/4 body shot also can.

try to do manual focusing next time, or DMF, if your camera have it, focus on the eye.
    thanks DCA. will know wat to do next time.

thanks man. ok i will play around with apertures next time.

Another question, should I be composing my shoot to minimise crops, or should i just shoot away and crop later? thanks!
    Compose. Always try to keep the image as intact as possible to maximise the picture quality.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site