Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Nintendo DS: Should I or Shouldnt I?

Default Re: Nintendo DS: Should I or Shouldnt I?

I went to Japan on Dec 06, and almost everybody owns a DS. I don't know why, but all the people use DS.PSP unfortunately is not so popular there . In actualy fact, i was there for eleven days but did not see one

Quote Originally Posted by aq12345 View Post
    I went to Japan on Dec 06, and almost everybody owns a DS. I don't know why, but all the people use DS.PSP unfortunately is not so popular there . In actualy fact, i was there for eleven days but did not see one
    Why should you be surprised? The DS has been whopping PSP for the whole of last year, based on sales figures alone. In fact, DS will prolly whip PSP upside down again this year, with SRW arriving on DS in april and a new Final Fantasy Advance on DS later. Also, the news that people are still quipping about is on Enix's announcement of the next Dragon Quest on DS.

Dragon Quest is the single most popular RPG in Japan (yes, it's even more popular the FF in Japan!), and are usually released only on consoles with proven record and fanbase. The last two DQ come out late in the life-span of PS1 and PS2, after the developers confirmed that both PS1 and PS2 were for real, and not just some fad. The announcement of DQ on DS will only send the message to the consumer (in Japan at least) that the DS is for real.

Wah..u so fast sell liao ah? 3 mins heat for u only issit?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Need to sell my DS Lite and games le. Only got it for 2 weeks.

Emm.. Need marnee.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Selling your D80 will get back more $$ leh.. Anyway just kidding.. Will help u ask my friends to see anyone interested. U pm me your asking price..

Emm.. Need marnee.

Talking Re: Nintendo DS: Should I or Shouldnt I?

Heh! Siao. Next year then sell D80 lah. My cameras always 18 months max one.
    APAD | Blog

Haha okok but seriously I am considering selling my D80+all my lenses and flash.. Somehow dun have time for photography nowadays..

Heh! Siao. Next year then sell D80 lah. My cameras always 18 months max one.

Wah!!!!!!!!!! So New And Sell.
    APAD | Blog

Still considering lah.. Will put u on priority if I want to sell..

Wah!!!!!!!!!! So New And Sell.

Talking Re: Nintendo DS: Should I or Shouldnt I?

Thanks ar. I reserve your body for $1000. Muhahahahhaha
    APAD | Blog

Haha see how lah..

Thanks ar. I reserve your body for $1000. Muhahahahhaha

Finally gotten my NDS Lite. Should we start a separate thread for NDS members to discuss good games, game trading, tips, etc.
    Last edited by Falcon; 14th January 2007 at 06:38 PM.

how much and where you got it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Finally gotten my NDS Lite. Should we start a separate thread for NDS members to discuss good games, game trading, tips, etc.
    You go start one thread lah... then we can arrange gaming sessions!

The Nintendo DS is light years ahead of the GB Advance SP. So, you cannot compare the two.

I bought my DS in Canada when it was first launched in Dec 2004. Graphics wise, it cannot compare with the PSP. But in terms of innovation, it beats the rest of the field hands down. Nintendogs allows you to teach your dogs to do tricks (use your stylus to throw the freesbie for him to run and catch) and learn commands (shout "sit down" etc). In some games, you can blow candles and blow kisses to girls too! The console reacts not just to button presses but also voice commands etc.

My complaint is that with the impending launch of the Wii (equally as exciting), why did they not make the Wii somehow accept DS games, by means of some adapter?

The console has built-in WiFi. For many games, you can play with another person nearby. You can also chat with them. No need to have those messy link cables like in the past. For Nintendogs, when you take your dog for a walk, your dog can even bump into other DS owners' dogs.

But I don't believe you can play with another person over the internet. The last I read, the WiFi configuration used is not the "complete" WiFi setup. It is not the same as the normal WiFi that we find in computers. So, you need a special WiFi zone to be able to connect, and I read this is only available in Japan. It also follows that you cannot connect to the Internet to surf, whether via wireless@sg or another network. If I am wrong, do let me know!

For charger, it is the same as the Gameboy Advance SP charger. As I bought from Canada, it came with a 110V charger. So, I had to use my old GB SP charger. It is the same. You can buy compatibles from any game shop. Not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat View Post
    You go start one thread lah... then we can arrange gaming sessions!
    Started one -> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=251515

ds lites are great for their wi-fi connection.
    n yes u can surf the web on it with a custom web browser (NR) with any wifi connxn that supports WEP encryption but not WPA.
    n plus u can connect over internet to friend using friend codes means u can play with your friends anywhere on 'wifi enabled' games
    still i think it's a great toy n can even interact with the upcoming Wii(haven't found out exactly how) but i m so getting the Wii
    my fave is mario kart
    ok guess i m nintendo fan boy!!

Quote Originally Posted by gecko542 View Post
    ds lites are great for their wi-fi connection.
    n yes u can surf the web on it with a custom web browser (NR) with any wifi connxn that supports WEP encryption but not WPA.
    n plus u can connect over internet to friend using friend codes means u can play with your friends anywhere on 'wifi enabled' games
    still i think it's a great toy n can even interact with the upcoming Wii(haven't found out exactly how) but i m so getting the Wii
    my fave is mario kart
    ok guess i m nintendo fan boy!!
    Cool! I guess my DS has the same features as DS Lite.

(a) How/Where do I get this custom web browser?

(b) Where do I find out more info on the DS interacting with upcoming Wii? All that I have read about is the Wii being able to play old Nintendo GameCube? games. Not the DS.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678