Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: where can I get etymotic er6i earphones?

Default Re: where can I get etymotic er6i earphones?

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    I think i saw them before at this shop in SLS. It's on the 3rd floor, in front of you just as you come up from the escalator. They sell various audio equipment. The shop name escapes me. Service is not too bad. Bought quite a few mics from them b4.
    I think you are referring to Hung Brothers. Look for Genghis, he's a nice guy to deal with. Bought a few DATs many years ago from him for some recording works.

Bought a few Sennheiser headhones from him too.

Good and honest businessman

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    Hey no buying and selling in Kopitiam, especially for non-photography related item OK? Unless you are talking about giving the ER4 to me for free.

Anyway, thanks for the offer. I think I am happy with my ER6i for now.
    lol! I'm not selling as of now la and certainly not giving. But really, hear to believe is all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by pingo View Post
    Thanks for the info. I believe the ER6iC is the same as the ER6i just that it's white. That's the model I have. Man, those guys at simlim really mark up a lot...
    Actually I dun want to say this but I got my 6i for about SGD$140 after conversion. Got from amazon.com back in 2005. US$70+SGD$20 vpost shipping. Sorry for not telling u earlier. I only saw your thread yesterday.

About the bass, which eartip did you use? Did you have to really really really push the earbuds all the way in? That's the only way I can get decent bass levels from my set.
    Yes, I jammed it all the way in. As for eartip, its a little subjective as our ears are different. I use the smallest rubber bi-flange and Shure Ultra Soft Flex (Grey) tips so I can insert it all the way in. The key to better/more bass (besides achieving good isolation) is to get the driver/nozzle as deep as possible. If u check ur triflanges at the bottom, u will see some small bit of stem. I trim them off so the nozzle can sit deeper and closer to the edge/hole.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showp...4&postcount=15
    Last edited by afbug; 12th January 2007 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Actually I dun want to say this but I got my 6i for about SGD$140 after conversion. Got from amazon.com back in 2005. US$70+SGD$20 vpost shipping. Sorry for not telling u earlier. I only saw your thread yesterday.

Yes, I jammed it all the way in. As for eartip, its a little subjective as our ears are different. I use the smallest rubber bi-flange and Shure Ultra Soft Flex (Grey) tips so I can insert it all the way in. The key to better/more bass (besides achieving good isolation) is to get the driver/nozzle as deep as possible. If u check ur triflanges at the bottom, u will see some small bit of stem. I trim them off so the nozzle can sit deeper and closer to the edge/hole.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showp...4&postcount=15
    Wow haha 140. Dang. I waited about a week to look for answers in the thread before taking the plunge. Oh well.

The shure tips sure are interesting! Where did you get them? I might try modifying (trimming the stem), interesting idea.

My alternate smaller eartips from etymotic should be arriving in the mail soon, will post results.

Holy cow! I just snipped off about 2-3mm off the stem of my foam tip and now my etys sound INCREDIBLE!!! *thanks!*

Wow haha 140. Dang. I waited about a week to look for answers in the thread before taking the plunge. Oh well.

The shure tips sure are interesting! Where did you get them? I might try modifying (trimming the stem), interesting idea.

My alternate smaller eartips from etymotic should be arriving in the mail soon, will post results.
    Shure is another brand of earphones and u can buy the tips at Stereo Electronics at Causeway point. Look for Aron there. The reason why, is he knows quite a thing or two about earphones. In town, there is Jaben Networks at Adelphi, look for Wilson but I'm not sure if he have the Shure tips for sale.

My advise is dun be afraid to spend a little more on tips esp if u destroy some while experimenting. Afterall, u want to get the best out of those etys.

Glad my method works for you. The downside is that it will place the edge of the nozzle, which where the filters are, closer to the opening of the tip, can get dirty easier, so keep your ears clean. Filters are not cheap but with maintainence of ears and filters, they can last quite long.
    Last edited by afbug; 12th January 2007 at 08:42 PM.

Went on a business trip to Taiwan this week and left my MP3 player and ER6i on the plane...

On the way back I saw the Sony MDR-EX85LP (http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/tourist/h...X85LP(JE)&LG=1) at the Narita ariport and after some hesitation I bought a pair to replace my lost ER6i.

Surprisingly the sound is very good. It claims to be "studio monitor quality" and I am quite convinced after a few hours of listening on the plane (watching DVD on my PC) and in my office today (listening to CDs).

The transients are not as great as ER6i but still brings out a lot of details. Base is noticeably stronger and deeper but well controlled.

Built quality is definitely better (or feels better) than ER6i, and looks high-tech and classy to me.

Paid US$42 for it. So far I am happy, except that I miss the noise blocking capabilities of the ER6i. If I have the chance to choose between the two I will go back to ER6i, but the Sony comes very close.

Should be a good lower cost alternative to Etymotic and Shure.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Should try the OVC T20. That one is cheaper than Sony's offerings and easily triumph over entry level IEMs. At least according to my ears.

Anyway for those with ER6i... its not a pretty picture because the the filters have to be replaced quite often if you want to get the most out of the the earphones... the tips also get dirty easily... esp the 3 flanged...

Filters cost around 30+ bucks at hung brothers, 3rd floor, SLS, just up the escalator you will see them. filters come in a small packet of 3 pairs.

Tips cost around $14 i think also at the same place.

Anyway the good thing about the ER series is that the build is pretty good. Mine has been around for more than 2 years and despite all the kind of "abuse" i put it through, it still sounds as good*

*actually after you get used to a certain standard of music, you will be erm... looking at the higher level ones

If u can exceed ur budget a little bit, I'd suggest getting UM1. Pay abit more, get something better that can last and u dun have to think abt it for the next... 5yrs?

U can goto Jaben at Adelphi to try it out. The guys there are quite nice.

I know some are going say "UM2 with UM56". Good is good, but must see got budget or not.

Went on a business trip to Taiwan this week and left my MP3 player and ER6i on the plane...

On the way back I saw the Sony MDR-EX85LP (http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/tourist/h...X85LP(JE)&LG=1) at the Narita ariport and after some hesitation I bought a pair to replace my lost ER6i.

Surprisingly the sound is very good. It claims to be "studio monitor quality" and I am quite convinced after a few hours of listening on the plane (watching DVD on my PC) and in my office today (listening to CDs).

The transients are not as great as ER6i but still brings out a lot of details. Base is noticeably stronger and deeper but well controlled.

Built quality is definitely better (or feels better) than ER6i, and looks high-tech and classy to me.

Paid US$42 for it. So far I am happy, except that I miss the noise blocking capabilities of the ER6i. If I have the chance to choose between the two I will go back to ER6i, but the Sony comes very close.

Ah! This! Wanted to get it but I thought I had enough of the signature 'bass' from Sony's IEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Should try the OVC T20. That one is cheaper than Sony's offerings and easily triumph over entry level IEMs. At least according to my ears.
    it's the CrossRoads MylarOne reign now...
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    it's the CrossRoads MylarOne reign now...
    Yep. I was at Jaben for the 1st time today, and I saw the CrossRoad MylarOne practically flying off the shelf. It seems that everyone was trying it and quite a few bought them. For the price, the sound is very good. But I got something else instead as I was looking for another type of sound.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

On the way back I saw the Sony MDR-EX85LP (http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/tourist/headphone/acc/index.cfm?PD=25809&KM=MDR-EX85LP(JE)&LG=1) at the Narita ariport and after some hesitation I bought a pair to replace my lost ER6i.

I am sorry for your lost. I am trying to find where is my pair of custom UM-2 with personal moulds too now... sianz...

Anyway, you should take this opportunity to look at the following options :
    • Westone UM-2 (available at Jaben at Adelphi level 4, look for Wilson)
    • M-Audio IE-30 (they sound fabulous!)
    • Futuresonics ATRIO (yet to be released, but I own their MG-4s, awesome!)
    • Shure E-5 (pricey, and no good for those with glasses)
    • Bose noise cancelling headphones (pricey but helpful in noisier planes)
    Happy shopping. There is a thread in Mac User Group Singapore, under reviews, that talks extensively about in ear monitors (in canal earphones). Have a look there and read the user reviews and preference). They should help you decide on which will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Yep. I was at Jaben for the 1st time today, and I saw the CrossRoad MylarOne practically flying off the shelf. It seems that everyone was trying it and quite a few bought them. For the price, the sound is very good. But I got something else instead as I was looking for another type of sound.
    how much is the CrossRoad MylarOne?

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    how much is the CrossRoad MylarOne?
    price tag is at $49
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    Hung Brothers?
    Any number to call and ask for price ?

Thanks .. Thinking of getting the ER6i

search the web and buy them online. you only pay about 2/3 of local price (including shipping cost) and sometimes if you're lucky, you only pay as little as half.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    search the web and buy them online. you only pay about 2/3 of local price (including shipping cost) and sometimes if you're lucky, you only pay as little as half.
    only thing is you don't get the warranty
    eat. drink. shoot

no number ??

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77 View Post
    no number ??
    whose number?

jaben's number is 63370809
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast