Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Threads to be deleted.....

Default Threads to be deleted.....

I am closing this thread as some discussions of private matters best handled in private are coming out in the open which could and probably will cause issue for parties involved.

The posts in question have also been removed.
    The above was quoted by Darren, Admin of CS at this thread: http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread...=243670&page=8 and I agree with him that this type of personal engagement should settle among ourselves. My response to Student was deleted.

More than half the posts in this thread are totally nonsensical and irrelevant.

I understand this thread is in the "Kopitiam", and some frivolity may be tolerated. But more than half the posts with stupid "wise" cracks?

Coming back the the issue, I believe this things happen because the admin and mods have allowed it.

For example, not withstanding the rule on "nice and civil", many are flouting this rule in the name of being honest and direct.

Another example, OT posts, such as those in the thread, are again tolerated to such ludicrous extent that it seems pointless to get mambers to engage in a topic that is of genuine concern to some members.
    Quoted by Student on: http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread...=243670&page=8

I understand this thread is in the "Kopitiam", and some frivolity may be tolerated. But more than half the posts with stupid "wise" cracks?
    I am not sure whether this post could be considered as one?

http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=241834

As my response was deleted which is so mild, I guess this one should be gone long time ago. Maybe Admin oversees this one.

I think it is not very nice to call one a Liar or Hypocrates if one talk about nice and civility.

If you read it carefully, there are alot of flaws and uncertainties. Just a simple example; 3 years ago I may admire your work but today I may not because I am better than you now or you are getting worse. Doesn't mean what I said 3 years ago my views could not be changed 3 years later.

I hope Admin will look into this and delete it, anyone agree?
    Last edited by Bobman; 17th December 2006 at 08:43 PM.

Default Re: Threads to be deleted.....

i agree...

student is getting paranoid over everything, picking fights here & there. Calling everyone names and getting away with it.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i agree...

student is getting paranoid over everything, picking fights here & there. Calling everyone names and getting away with it.
    I say let the bygone be bygone. There is no need to pursue an unpleasant matter.

Pick your friends and engage with them passionately. Ignore your enemies if you can't love him for what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    I am not sure whether this post could be considered as one?

http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=241834

As my response was deleted which is so mild, I guess this one should be gone long time ago. Maybe Admin oversees this one.

I think it is not very nice to call one a Liar or Hypocrates if one talk about nice and civility.

If you read it carefully, there are alot of flaws and uncertainties. Just a simple example; 3 years ago I may admire your work but today I may not because I am better than you now or you are getting worse. Doesn't mean what I said 3 years ago my views could not be changed 3 years later.

I hope Admin will look into this and delete it, anyone agree?
    uncle bob, it's ok. I vote we should leave it out there as a reminder of things that were, don't you think? And more importantly, who are freinds and foe. And I agree with Sion, let's move on.
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 17th December 2006 at 09:09 PM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

I agree too.

Perhaps it was an oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    uncle bob, it's ok. I vote we should leave it out there as a reminder of things that were, don't you think?
    Like the movie The Way We Were?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I say let the bygone be bygone. There is no need to pursue an unpleasant matter.

Pick your friends and engage with them passionately. Ignore your enemies if you can't love him for what he is.
    Let bygone be bygone? Who should you telling to? For what I know is:

Love your friends; love them well.
    But to your friends; no secrets tell.
    If your friends become your foe;
    Your secrets everyone will knows.

Let bygone be bygone? Who should you telling to? For what I know is:

Love your friends; love them well.
    But to your friends; no secrets tell.
    If your friends become your foe;
    Your secrets everyone will knows.
    What are your "secrets"?

Four legs good, two legs badddd....

Four legs good, two legs better.....

My view is that, since the first punch was out, and one party was publicly executed, it would be very unfair to that party if his reply was not published. Many of us have read the accusations but have not read the reply and as such, we have really formulated a bad impression of that party.
    Think the Mod should allow a reply from him and then closed the thread so that we can at least have a more balanced opinion.
    always the Light, .... always.

What are your "secrets"?
    In love with you....

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    uncle bob, it's ok. I vote we should leave it out there as a reminder of things that were, don't you think? And more importantly, who are freinds and foe. And I agree with Sion, let's move on.
    We are moving on.....so that we will not step on shits along our path.

In love with you....
    Please don't get personal.

You've got your EOS 1Ds wife.

Please don't get personal.

You've got your EOS 1Ds wife.
    Why not? You are a LIAR! I don't owe a EOS 1Ds.....

"There is no honour amongst thieves"

"All is fair in love and war"

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    "There is no honour amongst thieves"

"All is fair in love and war"
    "There's no art to find one's mind construction in a face; he was a gentleman whom I have an absolute trust."

Bobman, you may not be someone who cares about words. But I do. Words have meaning. If one does not know how to write properly, and somehow misrepresented himself with his words, all that is required is a clarification.

Of course, you are absolutely right with the example you quoted. And views do change. Perfectly legitimate.

Now let me be the "wordsmith" that I was supposed to be.

What is the meaning of "to me your photography have nothing to offer"?

For your information, "your/mine" photography is what had done from past to present. "Your/mine" is the totality of our works.

Let me make a hupothetical example. Say I do not find current offerings from Paul Simon to my liking. But would I say that his music have nothing to offer to me? Hardly! Because at one point his music had so moved me and affected my thinking processes that his music is already embedded in what makes a part of me.

If I now say, Paul Simon music have nothing to offer to me, what does that make me?

A liar!

Think again!

My response to Student was deleted.

I have absolutely no idea what you wrote. It was deleted by Darren before I saw it.

My post on "private matters" was to remind you of the things you said about certain people, and the many many things I did for you.

If I misread you, which might be possible, (assuming that you mught not be one whose words mean anything), then I apologise.

But you will of course agree that what I wrote about what you told me about certain people and what I did for you were pure unadulterated facts.

Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    What is the meaning of "to me your photography have nothing to offer"?
    I may not be interested to look at words and decipher but sometimes you can feel what one is writing..

I drink coffee and you drink tea, your coffee certain can offer me nothing......

Remember I am on you on words not as a person. I still regard you highly as a friend only sometimes I don't quite like the way you write.

You may be right some of the times, most of the times but not all the time....

I will see you tomorrow to pass you the lights and 4 x 5 film holders and we can have coffee, sorry tea cos I don't drink coffee.....

You are absolutely right that it is not very nice to call one a liar and hypocrite.

What would you call him?

An honest person? An upright man?

This "upright" person had championed the notion to be direct and to the point. No? We should not do that?

Or you would hide everything under the carpet?

If I had wrongly accused this person, then tell me clearly where I had wrongly accused him?

Write with facts please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast