Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Dry cabinet DB 036

  1. #1

    Default Dry cabinet DB 036

    hey guys.. i just bought D 80 frm MS and i got this free dry cabinet. yay! but.. wat humidity shd i set it to? 50- 70%? and shd i set the humidity and let it run for a while beore placing my camera or can i just place my camera straight away? thx

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by leithunder View Post
    hey guys.. i just bought D 80 frm MS and i got this free dry cabinet. yay! but.. wat humidity shd i set it to? 50- 70%? and shd i set the humidity and let it run for a while beore placing my camera or can i just place my camera straight away? thx
    yes...it is recommended to let the cabinet run for a few hours before placing your equipments inside.

    you should always check the instructions it came with....if you got it...otherwise 30-50% would be fine.

    "Mold grows at humidity above 60% and rust can be prevented at humidity below 50%"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolldrum View Post
    yes...it is recommended to let the cabinet run for a few hours before placing your equipments inside.

    you should always check the instructions it came with....if you got it...otherwise 30-50% would be fine.

    "Mold grows at humidity above 60% and rust can be prevented at humidity below 50%"
    doesn't matter if you put the equipment few hours later or immediately, as long as the humidity is about 50%, its ok.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    hmm after a few hrs , the RH in my cabinet keeps dipping to 39%... eh.. tried to turn the noob to high RH but still dipping.. why? faulty ?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by leithunder View Post
    hmm after a few hrs , the RH in my cabinet keeps dipping to 39%... eh.. tried to turn the noob to high RH but still dipping.. why? faulty ?
    If the RH is dipping that shows your dry cabinet is doing its job.
    Give it a while to stablise the readings.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by obewan View Post
    If the RH is dipping that shows your dry cabinet is doing its job.
    Give it a while to stablise the readings.
    i see but for 7 hrs it keeps dipping to 39% ain't it too dry for the DSLRS?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolldrum View Post
    yes...it is recommended to let the cabinet run for a few hours before placing your equipments inside.

    you should always check the instructions it came with....if you got it...otherwise 30-50% would be fine.

    "Mold grows at humidity above 60% and rust can be prevented at humidity below 50%"
    No need to wait until few hours. At least when humidity inside the dry cab is going down to your set humidity, it is better than humidity outside.

    Humidity 40-50%RH (or some say 45-55%RH) is recommended by Dry cab manufacturer. Do read your manual. Too low can dry and causing cracking on leather or soft rubber on your cameras/lenses.

    You will need few hours (or days) to fine tuning your dry cab humidity. It is depend your your dry cab. Some dry cab have knob to the left for higher humidity, some have knob to the right for higher humidity. Go find your dry cab setting. Say it is set to left for higher humidity, if the humidity is too low, set the knob to left a bit and wait for about 1 hour before you fine tune again. Usually after few days you will find a setting for your desired humidity.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    No need to wait until few hours. At least when humidity inside the dry cab is going down to your set humidity, it is better than humidity outside.

    Humidity 40-50%RH (or some say 45-55%RH) is recommended by Dry cab manufacturer. Do read your manual. Too low can dry and causing cracking on leather or soft rubber on your cameras/lenses.

    You will need few hours (or days) to fine tuning your dry cab humidity. It is depend your your dry cab. Some dry cab have knob to the left for higher humidity, some have knob to the right for higher humidity. Go find your dry cab setting. Say it is set to left for higher humidity, if the humidity is too low, set the knob to left a bit and wait for about 1 hour before you fine tune again. Usually after few days you will find a setting for your desired humidity.

    Regards,
    Arto.
    hey my RH % droppwed tio 24%!!! wats wrong? even though i set high humidity

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by leithunder View Post
    hey my RH % droppwed tio 24%!!! wats wrong? even though i set high humidity
    try turning to 9 or 10 o'clock position

  10. #10

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    try turning to 9 or 10 o'clock position
    wldn't tat be a setting for low humidity? like 25 - 30 %?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by leithunder View Post
    wldn't tat be a setting for low humidity? like 25 - 30 %?
    eh i can only say jsut try it

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Quote Originally Posted by leithunder View Post
    wldn't tat be a setting for low humidity? like 25 - 30 %?
    For my AD-040 thats also position for around 40-50%RH. Left turn for high humidity, right turn for low humidity. Hmmm..., it is better to say left turn for lower power (so dehumidifier will not work hard), right turn for higher power (so dehumidifier will work hard). But again, different model maybe different setting. Find out yourself as I don't have your dry cab model .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    I'm using the same model as well..

    putting the knob to 9 o'clock will give me 47-48%

  14. #14

    Default Re: Dry cabinet DB 036

    Im using the same model too.. mine is stable at 50%... so far ok though.. been using for 6 months.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •