Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac problems again

Default Re: Mac problems again

well, to be fair, I've not turned on the Macbook yet and it died ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Erm...to be fair...HDD can crash on any system be it Mac or Windooze or even Unix...becoz most likely the supplier are Seagate, Hitachi, Samsung or WD

Same thing, power supply can fail on IBM, HP, Sony or Dell...they are OEM from the some contract manufacturer
    well.. i think it's just an excuse..

whether apple, IBM, HP or whatever brand, if one of the components failed, the brand should bear the responsibility..

for example, in recent cases of dell laptop batteries explosions, users blame dell but not the OEM battery manufacturers..

I practice this nowdays. If I buy PC or notebook, I always ON and check all spec on the spot. For DIY PC I open the cover and check every single components for brand / model.

Yet one bad experience recently. I bought a 17" Viewsonic monitor and shop told me no stock and gave me a Acer 17". I didnt mind since price same. Rushing for a meeting I didnt open and check. Back home found it's 15" monitor inside a 17" box, somemore it's manufactured in 1996 (10 yrs old stock), the DOM is covered with a sticker with a barcode . Call shop and ask to exchange. Drive 1 hour to KL, they replaced with a IBM 17", open check ít's 17", fine. Back home power ON, found the colors are not naturel, some shadowing of edges, check packages doesnt look brand new. I tear of all labels on the back and it's manufactured in 1999. Very certain it's not brand new - refurbished. I was mad this time, called the shop and yelled at the sales guy and talked to boss. Told them I will take pictures and report to newspaper and Min. Consumer affairs or If they dont send a brand new 17" to my office. 3 days later a real brand new monitor arrived in office.

Never trust anything or anyone these days. Better open the package check every single thing, included acc. warranty card, labels, power on check if working ok. Too many conmans around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12