Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Lens for Weddings

Default Re: Favourite Lens for Weddings

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Yeah.. that's a cheaper way of doing it but it's hard to repeat unless you don't clean off the vaseline afterwards...
    Tell me who use vaseline on a filter! Hmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain View Post
    you could do that, or smear gel on a filter or oil or powder or lub... oops, too much information.
    Got special techniques must share mar. heehee

For people who wants to have character/signature which no one else can copy, simply take a 50/1.8, drop it until the front element cracks (but still intact), then use it to shoot! I'm sure it will be unique in the whole world. Sure no one else can copy one.
    tested no with a lens but filter, however with the DOF those cracks is actually not very obverse..

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Tell me who use vaseline on a filter! Hmmm......
    We use vaseline to create soft focus effect when we do printing in a dark room.

KY lub work just as well

you could do that, or smear gel on a filter or oil or powder or lub... oops, too much information.
    you forgot, use butter if they want warm effect, grease if they want sepia

Quote Originally Posted by canturn View Post
    No wonder some of the professionals here are always griping about filters which are hard to clean and are willing to spend up to 200+ for a orginal or B+W one.

Anyway, if u use butter on the filter, wouldn't it make it all greasy and icky, especially in this sg weather... but for ky jelly... hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by canturn View Post
    i just wipe my face with the lens to get the sepia effect, wipe my sweaty palms with the filter for warm effect, can never bring myself to buy the YK jelly at 7-11 stores, what happens if the tube drops out in front of the wedding guests and couple?

i just wipe my face with the lens to get the sepia effect, wipe my sweaty palms with the filter for warm effect, can never bring myself to buy the YK jelly at 7-11 stores, what happens if the tube drops out in front of the wedding guests and couple?
    KY lar... never buy before meh

if the face and sweaty palm gonna work for those effects, then my guess for black and white is wipe some S**T over.. and for high-key effect, .. ermm something biological too?

Quote Originally Posted by DT_ View Post
    KY lar... never buy before meh

if the face and sweaty palm gonna work for those effects, then my guess for black and white is wipe some S**T over.. and for high-key effect, .. ermm something biological too?
    never buy YK jelly before, my fingers do the work to allow the natural juices flow, how you use SH1T for what effect, sepia?
    Last edited by Belle&Sebastain; 7th January 2007 at 03:49 PM.

never buy YK jelly before, my fingers do the work to allow the natural juices flow, how you use SH1T for what effect, sepia?
    effect? .. sorry cant promise upfront, .. the color tone for this "bio-quipment" is often quite inconsistent...

btw, since your fingers sound so handy, does it also deal with "bio-quipment" too? ..

OTOT

Jus bought Sigma 17 - 70 Macro for wedding.
    Focusing is 20cm and above...
    Not Bad.. Wide enough..

But think need a longer lense for zoom in on the 'moment' shots or close ups...

Ahhhh...all this talk of smearing vaseline, grease, face oil, fingerprints brings back fond memories. One of my two faves were combi-smering of facial oil and dabbing with finger-tip and partial spraying of hair spray, sides using a stretched piece of nylon stocking (yes, I did get many strange stares from aunties manning the lelong lingerie stores! BWAHAHAHA!). Hmmm...now that I think about it, I might go back to such filters - the gaussian blur thing in PS never looked that good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau View Post
    Ahhhh...all this talk of smearing vaseline, grease, face oil, fingerprints brings back fond memories. One of my two faves were combi-smering of facial oil and dabbing with finger-tip and partial spraying of hair spray, sides using a stretched piece of nylon stocking (yes, I did get many strange stares from aunties manning the lelong lingerie stores! BWAHAHAHA!). Hmmm...now that I think about it, I might go back to such filters - the gaussian blur thing in PS never looked that good to me.
    To think we spend thousands of dollars to get top quality glass and smear our acquisitions to obtain blurred effects... haha

For people who wants to have character/signature which no one else can copy, simply take a 50/1.8, drop it until the front element cracks (but still intact), then use it to shoot! I'm sure it will be unique in the whole world. Sure no one else can copy one.
    Might as well crack a filter to get the same effect and save the lens...

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
    For general coverage : 12 - 24mm [ The Only Choice ! ]
    i own a 10-22. but i find it hard to use it for events cuz i've got to be so near the subject, and then i kinda lost the 'candid-ness' of the shots cuz the subjects know that i'm taking photos of them.

also, doesn't the 12-24, 10-22 and all ultra-wide suffer from some corner distortions especially detectable when you have humans in the pictures. how do you correct that? =)

appreciate your opinion on both matters. =)

Quote Originally Posted by vii_haven View Post
    i own a 10-22. but i find it hard to use it for events cuz i've got to be so near the subject, and then i kinda lost the 'candid-ness' of the shots cuz the subjects know that i'm taking photos of them.

also, doesn't the 12-24, 10-22 and all ultra-wide suffer from some corner distortions especially detectable when you have humans in the pictures. how do you correct that? =)

appreciate your opinion on both matters. =)
    Agree, 10-22mm should be for general landscape not general wedding photography.
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

i would use 24-105 f4 for events lah but dunno about weddings cuz i dont like weddings.

for me is 18-200mm VR DX ED Nikon lens

Many are culled, few are chosen

17-40mm f/4L and 100mm f/2.8
    Buying a DSLR/SLR does'nt make you a photographer, It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner :)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast