Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chingay shot with other cams

Originally posted by Red Dawn

Andy Dinesh from Offstone has a series of excellent Chingay pictures taken with a Canon G3 digital camera, a very good example of making full use of his equipment. i was with him, CK, Greg, Edng at the endpoint.......

the pictures are unlike the typical clubsnapper's (telephoto closeup of faces) but rather, makes good use of the moving elements into very imaginative compositions and picture concepts. you can take a look at his work over at

http://www.offstone.com/photo/

Anyway here's one he took of me at Chingay, one which i quite like. can u spot me in the picture?

Are you holding the fish?

Originally posted by togu

Are you holding the fish?
    duh

i'm somewhere in the middle of the pic...more to the right......
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Originally posted by ckiang
    Saw a F90x user, could be you. The big sized one?

Regards
    CK
    I am tall, but not BIG... .

I went up to the drummers on float on 2 occasions...

Yup...most of them are snap shots cos the performers hardly stopped for me to visualise and think of how to shoot...

Originally posted by Snowcrash

I don't compare as they are using different.

I'm learning to be more critical on my own pictures to see:
    1) the artistic part like composition, planning, light condition can be improved
    2) the technical part like correct exposure (too dark / too bright?)
    3) the camear part: is the camera limiting me from what I want to shoot, or can I work around it to express what I want...

Thanks from sharing, as I can see from your shots... some are snapshots and some you visualise it before shooting?

Originally posted by Mr Fish
    Yup...most of them are snap shots cos the performers hardly stopped for me to visualise and think of how to shoot...

As they match towards you, can you visualise how it will look without looking thru the viewfinder?

Maybe why some prefer working with primes to learn one perspective before moving on...

I know that most of the non-slr/dslr users have difficulty capturing this events, especially the noise.. just to share some of my pics.. .
    http://202.156.250.226:8080/gallery/...umName=chingay
    iso400 for my oly is a big NO NO..
    but i still used it
    Last edited by luisg; 13th February 2003 at 04:45 PM.

Tried my best loh.. Most of the time i had to crop with PS to get the exact composition i wanted.

Originally posted by Snowcrash

As they match towards you, can you visualise how it will look without looking thru the viewfinder?

Maybe why some prefer working with primes to learn one perspective before moving on...

Originally posted by Mr Fish
    Tried my best loh.. Most of the time i had to crop with PS to get the exact composition i wanted.

exactly!!! here are my try

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12