Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How come till now still no long lenses for cropped sensors

Default Re: How come till now still no long lenses for cropped sensors

You are probably right about it being easier to correct for telephoto, but the AFAIK the easiest to correct are the not so extreme focal lengths, i.e. anyway from 35mm to about 200mm. I have seen horrible shots even in lens brochures for long teles (300mm onwards) that showed significant CA (chormatic abberations). So doing a long tele for DX should still shrink the lens somewhat, and provide better CA characteristics, although your view that the size can't go down too much may well be correct and may well be the reason why there isn't any small DX tele lenses.

Default Re: How come till now still no long lenses for cropped sensors

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    You are probably right about it being easier to correct for telephoto, but the AFAIK the easiest to correct are the not so extreme focal lengths, i.e. anyway from 35mm to about 200mm. I have seen horrible shots even in lens brochures for long teles (300mm onwards) that showed significant CA (chormatic abberations). So doing a long tele for DX should still shrink the lens somewhat, and provide better CA characteristics, although your view that the size can't go down too much may well be correct and may well be the reason why there isn't any small DX tele lenses.
    Hiakz, use reflex lens. No CA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123