Thread: sibu fishing expedition

Smile sibu fishing expedition

hello all.

this is a series of pictures taken by me on my third shoot. really hope to have a honest critique from you peeps to know where and how i can improve on my composition and techniques.

here's the website : www.reticenteden.blogspot.com
    please feel free to comment and thank you for the trouble!
    Last edited by eloera; 15th December 2006 at 09:55 PM.

Default Re: sibu fishing expedition

Users Guide to Posting Images in ClubSNAP Forums

Please read and understand before posting in the Critique Corner.

hi eloera, interesting blogsite you have, unfortunately the series you referred to does not seem to tie together very well as a complete piece of work. as such you might want to single out 1 shot for more specific critique, and do read the guidelines, cheers

pic 1. too bright sky, too dark waters. not your fault, most cameras cant handle such situation

pic 2. sloping horizon, not a good idea on a shot with fluid bodies. the water would all drain away.

pic 3. slightly tilted horizon, nothing to capture viewers attention. pay attention to focal point.

thanks.

eloera, since you presented it as a series, maybe you'll want to describe how the pictures work together?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    eloera, since you presented it as a series, maybe you'll want to describe how the pictures work together?

hmmmm sorry, but for now, they aint a series anymore.. they are just inidividual photos that are on their own!

i will need opinions on them so i will know how to improve on my techniques!

Quote Originally Posted by eloera View Post
    hmmmm sorry, but for now, they aint a series anymore.. they are just inidividual photos that are on their own!

i will need opinions on them so i will know how to improve on my techniques!

as per Critique Corner guidelines, can you specifically choose 1 picture only, for critique?