Thread: question on ISO setting

Default question on ISO setting

I've forgotten to set the camera ISO setting manually, and was shooting a 400 film at 100 ISO.

Is the whole roll beyond salvage ?

Default Re: question on ISO setting

Originally posted by kiwitan
    I've forgotten to set the camera ISO setting manually, and was shooting a 400 film at 100 ISO.

Is the whole roll beyond salvage ?
    Go to the lab and tell them to PULL 2 stops. Neighbourhood labs won't understand, so go to the better ones like Colour Lab, RGB, etc.

Regards
    CK

Is this negative or slide? If it is slide, you can still ask the lab to pull half stop, but that's all they can do, and yes you will get 1.5 stops overexposed. If it is negative, you might have better chance as the film latitude is wider, not too sure about this but you might be able to ask the shop to process it as ISO400, or to process as ISO100 then try to correct it during printing?

Default Re: Re: question on ISO setting

CK, thanks.

Understand it costs 50% for every pull ... so 2 pulls costs double $ right ?

BTW will underrating by 2 stops degrading the picture quality ?

Originally posted by ckiang

Go to the lab and tell them to PULL 2 stops. Neighbourhood labs won't understand, so go to the better ones like Colour Lab, RGB, etc.

Regards
    CK

unfortuately it was slide film. So how many stop to pull, still 2 as suggested by CK ?

Originally posted by ziploc
    Is this negative or slide? If it is slide, you can still ask the lab to pull half stop, but that's all they can do, and yes you will get 1.5 stops overexposed. If it is negative, you might have better chance as the film latitude is wider, not too sure about this but you might be able to ask the shop to process it as ISO400, or to process as ISO100 then try to correct it during printing?

Unfortunately you can't (at least that was the answer of a few of the pro labs that I'd asked). Best the lab can do is pull half stop. I've made the same mistake and went through this before.

You can't. Best the lab can do is pull half stop. I've made the same mistake and went through this before.
    Can pull 1/2 stop only? Which lab?

Regards
    CK

I've asked Ruby and KJ, both said can only pull 1/2 stop max (KJ initially told me can do 1 stop but later told me only 1/2).

I've asked Ruby and KJ, both said can only pull 1/2 stop max (KJ initially told me can do 1 stop but later told me only 1/2).
    Think worth going RGB to try then. They are a pro lab.

Regards
    CK

RGB has confirmed that they can only pull max one stop. Look like my whole roll may be overexposed by a stop. And it contained the most exciting part of the chingay where the Heartbeat percussion band was having their warmup along Coleman Street.

Originally posted by ckiang

Think worth going RGB to try then. They are a pro lab.

Regards
    CK