Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: New handphone woes - Help need!

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default New handphone woes - Help need!

    Hi again.

    I'm planning to upgrade my hp from a N7610 to a N73. How do I retain all my contact and text messages and tranfer them to the new phone? The new phone will be using a different form of storage card and I've been faithfully backing up all my stuff using Nokia PC Suite ... please advise this hp dummy ...

    TIA!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    When you have the 2 phones, Just do a MARK ALL on the contacts in your old phone, Bluetooth it over to the new phone.

    If not, since you have been sync-ing with your PC, just sync the contacts back to the new phone from the PC.

    For issurance, back your contacts in your old phone into your RS MMC, use a card reader and transfer the info to the new MiniSD via PC

  3. #3
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    Quote Originally Posted by SniperD View Post
    When you have the 2 phones, Just do a MARK ALL on the contacts in your old phone, Bluetooth it over to the new phone.

    If not, since you have been sync-ing with your PC, just sync the contacts back to the new phone from the PC.

    For issurance, back your contacts in your old phone into your RS MMC, use a card reader and transfer the info to the new MiniSD via PC
    Thanks SniperD ... how about the text messages?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    hi.. hope this helps... if u happen to buy from singtel shop ur current sim card will be upgrade to a 3G sim card, all ur contacts in the phone will be transfered over by the staff serving ur purchase, alternatively wut u can do is backup all ur contacts into the pc suite, upgrade pc suite to latest version provided then connect ur phone and begin transfer as, for the text msgs u can also use bluetooth to do a phone to phone transfer.
    Last edited by AQVA; 14th December 2006 at 12:55 PM.

  5. #5
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    hi.. hope this helps... if u happen to buy from singtel shop ur current sim card will be upgrade to a 3G sim card, all ur contacts in the phone will be transfered over by the staff serving ur purchase, alternatively wut u can do is backup all ur contacts into the pc suite, upgrade pc suite to latest version provided then connect ur phone and begin transfer as, for the text msgs u can also use bluetooth to do a phone to phone transfer.
    Thanks AQVA ... but to do that wouldn't that need 2 SIM cards? One for the old one and another for the new one?

  6. #6

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    hai... still get Nokia... later I see you go their SC again and again....

    hehheahhaa..

  7. #7
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike View Post
    hai... still get Nokia... later I see you go their SC again and again....

    hehheahhaa..

    Basket ... can't be that bad right?

  8. #8
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Thanks AQVA ... but to do that wouldn't that need 2 SIM cards? One for the old one and another for the new one?
    Nope. The old one will be terminated so you only have one SIM card.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Thanks AQVA ... but to do that wouldn't that need 2 SIM cards? One for the old one and another for the new one?

    only 1 sim will be active and for P2P to work both phones must have a sim in it. as for ur old phone with old sim every functions will still work only thing is there won't be any network for calls.

  10. #10

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Basket ... can't be that bad right?

  11. #11
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike View Post
    hai... still get Nokia... later I see you go their SC again and again....

    hehheahhaa..
    i havent been to NCC since the day i bought my 8250 (5years ago)...
    eat. drink. shoot

  12. #12
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    i havent been to NCC since the day i bought my 8250 (5years ago)...
    Nokia's older models are good. Ever until today, my mum is still using the 8250 which bought for her.

  13. #13
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    true...even my 6100 has held out for 3 years, and still going strong. my E61 hasn't given me any problems as yet too
    eat. drink. shoot

  14. #14

    Default Re: New handphone woes - Help need!

    N Series many many problems ......many many at the service centre for repair. maybe N stands for No Good Series

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Hmm. The N73 is a good phone. But it'll lag for a month or so. Strangely enough, it will cease to lag after a period of time. I dunno why mine works that way.

    I don't think you can transfer your SMS messages to your new phone without the 'from' name changing. I think you can try using PC Suite. Not sure how it works. I think it's a lot of work.

    But don't worry, they won't take away your old 2.5G SIM card so you can read your old SMS messages when you put back your SIM card into the phone.


    Tell me if you're with Singtel. If you are, then you are another person to video call.
    But Singtel video call service really lags.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •