Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

  1. #21
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    i think this movie is like citizen kane, some people get it and others don't.

    U dun need a high IQ to get all the jokes.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23 View Post
    The whole show is UNCUT, as told by my fren who watched the full movie, except for the "blackened" parts of the members of the 2 fellows @ the "hotel wrestling" scene.
    That was blackened on purpose by the produces to make it funnier

  3. #23
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    That was blackened on purpose by the produces to make it funnier
    Only borat has his pee pee blackened...

    The fat guy... the directors didnt bothered... Everything was concealed by his fats.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Only borat has his pee pee blackened...

    The fat guy... the directors didnt bothered... Everything was concealed by his fats.
    It was censored to make borat have a huge well, you know what, to make it funnier. was censored on purpose.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    I thought it was hilarious but I have liked everything Sasha Baron Cohen has done ever since his first Ali G character. A friend of mine was at Cambridge University with him and he was very much the comedian then. His speciality was to do shows in North London (a very Jewish area) dressed as Yassar Arafat.

    it's a very British thing to poke fun at oneself (i.e. all the Jewish jokes since SBC is Jewish himself) but it was hilarious how he got Americans to show their worse side without really having to try.

    And he has some guts...to sing his so-called anthem at the Rodeo was pure bravery. I am surprised he got out of alive. And as for the Christian evangelists...very scary.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central West
    Posts
    1,952

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    I thought it was hilarious but I have liked everything Sasha Baron Cohen has done ever since his first Ali G character. A friend of mine was at Cambridge University with him and he was very much the comedian then. His speciality was to do shows in North London (a very Jewish area) dressed as Yassar Arafat.

    it's a very British thing to poke fun at oneself (i.e. all the Jewish jokes since SBC is Jewish himself) but it was hilarious how he got Americans to show their worse side without really having to try.

    And he has some guts...to sing his so-called anthem at the Rodeo was pure bravery. I am surprised he got out of alive. And as for the Christian evangelists...very scary.

    I thought it was hilarious too - couldn't stop laughing. I had some reservations about this movie - although I quite liked some of his work on "Da Ali G Show" in the UK, I didn't quite like the first Ali G movie - not as funny as expected, but I have to admit, this one was quite funny.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    This movie sucks.

    The short borat clips on the ali G shows are much better. In the movie, it's like they used b roll clips and shoe horned a plot into it. The thing that it lacks is the more in depth look at the people being interviewed, which would have really increased the movie length. Also to fit the movie format, the edits are overly long as opposed to the quicker cuts of the original series and it loses the punch. Overall it's very disappointing.

    But i think many people will just watch it because of the hype.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    That was blackened on purpose by the produces to make it funnier
    The original movie was not "blackened".

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Global Village
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23 View Post
    The original movie was not "blackened".
    holy 5hit! how long is his er..er.. "manhood" ... ???

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Hes actually Ali G?

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

    Quote Originally Posted by the mac 13 View Post
    Hes actually Ali G?
    Yup, same person

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •