Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vista Photo Competition

Default Re: Vista Photo Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Its like that one lah. A lot of 'unique' places in Singapore are no longer unique. Place so small, photographers so many. ;-p
    Not realli lah... there's quite a few pics there that are

I am commenting on whether did we find that picture FAMILIAR lah.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

ok now i cannot seem to upload my application for the competition. Must be too many people rushing for the dateline like me

Lol. Good luck!

Giving this a miss. Don't want to in the end the winners are the one who flouted the rules and then Microsoft juz slam a 'judges' decisions are final'. I hate those after-distaste.
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    I am commenting on whether did we find that picture FAMILIAR lah.
    I know lah... what I ment was similar techniques used...

http://www.999kg.com/english/feature...e/crw_1758.htm

His is the first photo I've seen...posted here too.
    Last edited by CYRN; 21st January 2007 at 08:58 PM.

great photos
    Last edited by xeno84ph; 23rd January 2007 at 08:29 PM.

For those who are interested in getting the email of the organisers, it will not be available. I managed to get some link to the organiser from this article. Hope that it is helpful...
    My Collection of 不起眼的 Photos
    Proud Owner of Canon 400D

Heard from my friend that he had received an email to inform his photograph has been shortlisted. Who else have been informed?

lucky u remind me... almost 4got about the email.

troublesome lah... got to burn into CD and snail-mail / hand deliver to them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    I think they are talking about the moon. It don't seem nature.
    they might be thinking if non singaporean see, they might just think it's real. wahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by etegration View Post
    they might be thinking if non singaporean see, they might just think it's real. wahahahah
    DON'T INSULT ME !!! The moon is REAL!!!. It was because I didn't shoot with a DSLR, but a SMALL COMPACT OUT DATED camera, because I didn't own one then. And it was shot at -2EV that why it looks like that. I didn't DRAW it!!!

What's wrong with PSed??? Rules & Regulations never mentioned merging 2 images is not allowed??? That's why I used the word CREATE in the description! Just leave my alone if you think my photo is LOUSY, or could you please give a humble comment? "wahahahah" is REALLY INSULTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are "rich & professional". Compact camera users are always "being criticized" in this forum. Please be HUMBLE!!!

I will take ur remarks as flaming in here... No one is saying anytg insulting, but rather a passing casual remark. So juz relax. Alrite?

Thanks...
    My Collection of 不起眼的 Photos
    Proud Owner of Canon 400D

Quote Originally Posted by huluyue View Post
    DON'T INSULT ME !!! The moon is REAL!!!. It was because I didn't shoot with a DSLR, but a SMALL COMPACT OUT DATED camera, because I didn't own one then. And it was shot at -2EV that why it looks like that. I didn't DRAW it!!!

What's wrong with PSed??? Rules & Regulations never mentioned merging 2 images is not allowed??? That's why I used the word CREATE in the description! Just leave my alone if you think my photo is LOUSY, or could you please give a humble comment? "wahahahah" is REALLY INSULTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are "rich & professional". Compact camera users are always "being criticized" in this forum. Please be HUMBLE!!!
    Cool man, I don't think Compact Cameras are being criticized here. Welcome to CS! We are photographers, not equipment horders.
    APAD | Blog

Hi,

If you are refering to me picking out your photo. I'm actually complementing that's it's nice.

Just that you can't get that kind of pics even if you use a super duper expensive DSLR or even MF or LF cameras.

Why? Because firstly the alignment of the moon will not be in that location as the angle you shoot the durian is facing south or south east and the moon's position is roughly east-west position. Secondly, for the moon to be that large you'll require at least 200-400mm "zoom" and your durian was taken with pretty wide angle.

No one mentioned that it's allowed or not allowed in the competition, neither is anyone making fun of your photo. Just something I've observed.

Peace.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

aiyo...why so touchy......relax

These's nothing wrong with PS-ed photos. But I believe everyone here will agree that if a photograph can wow audience without PS touch-up, then it can be a better protray of the photographer's skill.

The results are out =) anyone won ?

Quote Originally Posted by estronutz View Post
    The results are out =) anyone won ?
    me me me me me me me

Last edited by speedblade; 21st February 2007 at 11:14 PM.

won for 2 pics under youth

Jonathan Liu

haha w00t
    Last edited by Soldi; 21st February 2007 at 09:23 PM.

mervyn chng won 3 prizes!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast