wat's the prize??
Top 5: Windows Vista™-ready HP Pavilion Desktop PC with 19-inch monitor worth S$3,000
Celebrated 10: Windows Vista™ Ultimate & Microsoft® Office Professional 2007 worth S$1,500
Youth (under 18)
Top 5: S$500 cash, Windows Vista™ Ultimate & Microsoft® Office Professional 2007 worth S$1,500
Celebrated 10: Windows Vista™ Ultimate, Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 worth S$1,000
5. Submission Criteria.
Only digital files submitted via the uploading facility on the website will be accepted. The Submission must include a high-resolution file which should be taken with a 6 megapixel camera, or better, at its maximum resolution in JPEG format of the same file which has a maximum resolution of not more than 200KB in size, high-resolution RGB, 72 dots per inch and approximately 8 x 12 inches and in landscape (horizontal) format.
These guidelines are pathetic, must be larger than 6mp but smaller than 2MB, yet still have a high resolution.
I think they need participant to resize it down to 200kb for submission but still retain the high res original in case they win so that they can make it in to poster or what they deem fit.
"In order to win, you will be required to provide the original high-resolution file which should be taken with a 6 megapixel camera, or better, at its maximum resolution. Participants are responsible for downsizing the image for submission.
7. Winners will be required to agree to surrender the following rights of their winning submission:
- Publicity and marketing materials for use by Microsoft perpetually (including print, digital, and for public display), the original high resolution picture would be required;
- Perpetual download from a Microsoft appointed website as a desktop background and/or screensaver;
- Microsoft will have exclusive rights to the winning submissions until 31 December 2008;
- Sale of a print reproduction;
- Editing and resizing the winning submissions."
Last edited by tazzy; 11th December 2006 at 10:17 AM.
4. Contest Theme and Categories; Participation and Eligibility.
Any digital photograph submitted for the purposes of the Contest ("Submission") must have a landscape or scenery of a location in Singapore as its main feature, and the photograph must be taken within the Contest Period. The Contest is designated for amateur photographers only. Photographs submitted by professional photographers will be ineligible and removed from the Contest.
So how do they define who are the "professional photographers" ?
Did any one manage to submit the photo? I have resize the photo to less than 200kb, 72 dots per inch, 8 x 12 inches and in landscape format. But when i submit the photo, it go into the unapproved photo.
I really dun mind if my pics are selected to be included in Vista as background or screen saver
However...dun hav pics I'm keen to submit. Lets see the submission gallery first
T & C are OK for amateur.