Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Good compact with wide angle

  1. #1

    Default Good compact with wide angle

    I'm looking for a decent digital compact with 28mm lens.
    Any good recommendation ?
    Size needs to be small.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member YogiBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jurong West, Singapore
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Quote Originally Posted by tt32003 View Post
    I'm looking for a decent digital compact with 28mm lens.
    Any good recommendation ?
    Size needs to be small.
    Thanks.
    Try these... Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX01, DMC-FX07 or DMC-FX50
    Details on http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/pcatId/ProdList/11
    search me on Google "simonKLgoh"

  3. #3

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Canon IXUS 850 IS is another option, 28 mm wide angle lens with Image Stabiliser. But it might be a bit bigger than the Panasonics.
    Another thing, it has face priority function, if it's useful to you.
    Last edited by S L Chai; 14th December 2006 at 06:35 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Quote Originally Posted by tt32003 View Post
    I'm looking for a decent digital compact with 28mm lens.
    Any good recommendation ?
    Size needs to be small.
    Thanks.
    FX01. Value for money + leica lens

  5. #5

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Quote Originally Posted by S L Chai View Post
    Canon IXUS 850 IS is another option, 28 mm wide angle lens with Image Stabiliser. But it might be a bit bigger than the Panasonics.
    Another thing, it has face priority function, if it's useful to you.
    Ixus 850 is a bit too ex for me.
    Around $725 right ?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    FX01. Value for money + leica lens
    Thinking about this or the FX 07.
    Is the $50 extra worth it for 1 extra megapixel ?
    Is there any extra features for fx 07 as compared to fx 01 ?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Quote Originally Posted by tt32003 View Post
    Ixus 850 is a bit too ex for me.
    Around $725 right ?
    It's $670 from John 3:16. Bought it a month ago for my sister.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Ricoh GR Digital.

    Superb!

  9. #9
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Ricoh Caplio R4 or Caplio R5...
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Good compact with wide angle

    Quote Originally Posted by newmemberz View Post
    Ricoh GR Digital.

    Superb!
    Cannot afford that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •