Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B+W filters

Deregistered

Default Re: B+W filters

Quote Originally Posted by sweat100 View Post
    B+W filters are much easier to clean and their coating is tough. Btw, have anyone noticed the prices for B+W lately? It seemed to went up. Last time i got the 77mm for $90 now the 77mm is $108. The difference is pretty big. The jack up in price seems to be same everywhere. Wonder what is wrong...
    ever heard of controlled pricing??

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    72mm is not very common, (the most common ones is 77mm), I sometimes find the 72mm in Cathay shops in Peninsular or Marina Square.

77mm is still the most common sizing ... trying to get circular poly filter but too bad cathay ran out for both 72 and 77.

i think its better to get a 77mm and get a 72 to 77 filter adapter for just $8 and the filter can last you a much longer time. kill 2 bird with one stone. get the best but can use it on a few lens.

Quote Originally Posted by sweat100 View Post
    B+W filters are much easier to clean and their coating is tough. Btw, have anyone noticed the prices for B+W lately? It seemed to went up. Last time i got the 77mm for $90 now the 77mm is $108. The difference is pretty big. The jack up in price seems to be same everywhere. Wonder what is wrong...
    It is because many people say B+W filter is good....

Now, we need to say B+W filter is not so good (and pray the price of B+W filter will come down) .

Regards,
    Arto.

I'm surprise tha a Hoya Super HMC Pro1 cost $187 in singapore. Bought mine in HK for $76.
    If that's the case, filters in HK must be much cheaper right?
    anyone care to enlighten me?
    Thanks

When I was at one of the camera shop i usually frequent. I asked the boss why the increased in price. He told me that the agent told him that the sand used in making B+W glass can only be found in 2 sites in the entire world. Think the sand supply is running low, that is why the price is increased. The same type of sand is used to make leica lenses. Sand is still silicon dioxide. I wonder does the silicon dioxide from one place is better than another?

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    I'm surprise tha a Hoya Super HMC Pro1 cost $187 in singapore. Bought mine in HK for $76.
    If that's the case, filters in HK must be much cheaper right?
    anyone care to enlighten me?
    Thanks
    iirc 187 is hoya super hmc cpl... guess the one you bought is uv?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEnd View Post
    Where to buy B+W 72mm UV Haze filter? Call every shop, seem like they are out of stock
    Just bought from Lord's. Bargained for $90.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123