Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: R/C Model Planes

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by mechplas View Post
    Bro,

    you forgot to rotate the picture, the planes looks inverted.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    I heard there is a warbird meet, can we got and shoot? Turbine Jet Meet also? Very nice picture, thanks for sharing.

  3. #23

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    How do you make the cam focus fast enough to get these shots? I'm using a Minolta A1, but there's no way it could focus so fast on a moving object like these!

  4. #24

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by Cap_Dingo View Post
    How do you make the cam focus fast enough to get these shots? I'm using a Minolta A1, but there's no way it could focus so fast on a moving object like these!
    Actually I didn't do anything to the cam. I used a Nikon 200 + 18~200mm VR lens set on A-mode at f/5.6, WB=Auto and blast at anything that flew by...with quick panning also

  5. #25

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by jcho View Post
    I heard there is a warbird meet, can we got and shoot? Turbine Jet Meet also? Very nice picture, thanks for sharing.
    I would know if there is a Warbird meet....will keep you guys posted once confirm.

  6. #26

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by mechplas View Post


    This one is good, looks real.

  7. #27

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by bryant View Post
    This one is good, looks real.
    yeah ... looking real and as if its coming in for the kill .. on us!! RUN@!!!

  8. #28

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by sp0iltbr4t View Post
    yeah ... looking real and as if its coming in for the kill .. on us!! RUN@!!!
    If the landing gear was retracted, then this would look like a perfect straffing run. Blazing Oerlikons is what I can imagine... ) BTW, how much do one of these babies set you back by? Always wanted one - never got around to it.

  9. #29

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulOfTheEast View Post
    If the landing gear was retracted, then this would look like a perfect straffing run. Blazing Oerlikons is what I can imagine... ) BTW, how much do one of these babies set you back by? Always wanted one - never got around to it.
    Fixed Asset:
    Plane = $300+
    Engine = $550+
    Servos = $450+
    Transmitter Set = $700+
    Total = $2000++

    Expandables:
    Nitromethane Fuel = $30+ / Gallon


  10. #30
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Would love to see a A-10 warthog in the air...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  11. #31

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    I can't survive with 2 hobbies...
    Anyone wanna buy my T-Rex?



    .

  12. #32

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Would love to see a A-10 warthog in the air...
    Its in the works right now. My friend "The Duct Master" is working on it. Build thread is here

    http://www.rc-ms.com/forums1/index.php?topic=1673.0

    As soon as this bird is airborne, I'll try to get some pictures to share....

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by mechplas View Post
    Model planes in flight.
    my favorite shot. looks like the real thing. nice shot!
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by mechplas View Post
    Fixed Asset:
    Plane = $300+
    Engine = $550+
    Servos = $450+
    Transmitter Set = $700+
    Total = $2000++

    Expandables:
    Nitromethane Fuel = $30+ / Gallon

    doesn't sound too expensive. i thought it would haves cost more.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  15. #35

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by mechplas View Post
    Its in the works right now. My friend "The Duct Master" is working on it. Build thread is here

    http://www.rc-ms.com/forums1/index.php?topic=1673.0

    As soon as this bird is airborne, I'll try to get some pictures to share....
    Woo... ducted fan!

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    I can't survive with 2 hobbies...
    Anyone wanna buy my T-Rex?
    .
    How is my Lipo charger doing?

  17. #37

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    Quote Originally Posted by jcho View Post
    How is my Lipo charger doing?
    Still excellent condition...
    Wanna buy back?


    .

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: R/C Model Planes

    I gave up electric planes 2 yrs ago, now into Nitro Planes. Want to shoot turbine planes in Jan 07 in JB?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •