[QUOTE=dominator;2677394]Altar in the main hall or living room right? Suppose not in other room...
I suppose he has the common sense to place the altar in the main hall or living room. It is quite rude to place the altar in the bedroom
ideally, u should move out of the house and not get into further tangle with it.
by the way, upsize ur offerings to the spirits. times are hard in the netherworld, i belif. GST on the rise, transport cost up... etc.etc.
nothing is easy it seems!
You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!
i've never heard anything about the mantra warding off ghosts. the mantra is a reminder to the person chanting about the fundamentals of Buddhism.
in any case, when Buddhism first entered Southeast Asia, the mixing of the original teachings with local folk religions have caused alot of superstitions to develop around the religion.
the knocking sound might be coming from something common.
Yo Bro, since u are practicisng vajrayana buddhism, i think u should go and seek your guru or some venerables of your tradition for some professional and spirtual help. I believe any mishandling of the situation is not going to do any good to you, ur family and to the unseen. I agree with eikin that mantra actually contains the essence of the Buddha's teaching and it is not meant to cause any harm to any beings. Just continue to have faith in your own practice, i think everything will be fine. meantime, i think u need to compose urself so that u can continue to be the support for your family members. Om Mani Padme Hung!
NOTE: dahaoren = 打好人 ;)
Friend you must face it without fear.. It will go away.
Maybe get another monk to go to take a look? My good friend is one, if you need the contact, PM me
no place is as spooky as Changi.
hang a 'black dog penis' on top of you door
but don ask me where to buy one
A few years back, I encountered a similiar incident like yours too. I was doing some filming in one of my classmate's aunt's flat at Boon Lay and I swear when I finished filming for the day and was resting in the living room, I heard someone sighing just beside my ear. Apparently, that particular flat, according to my classmate, was hardly used by his aunt also.
These are just some of my suggestions to your paranormal problem:
1. Have a party at your house, for say, 2 weekends in a row. Maybe first weekend for friends and next weekend for family and relatives. If your friends or relatives have dogs, ask them to bring it along too. I am a buddhist too so I think you should know the theory of the "Yin and Yang". Just my two cents worth - because you and your wife only stay in the house during the weekend so most of the time, the house is empty and it becomes too yin, which is perfect for wandering spirits. By inviting people to your place (and the festive season is just around the corner so perfect excuse), it drives up the yang factor. Alternatively, you and your wife can try spending more time there as well.
2. Please check for "weird" items in your garden/yard/porch etc. When I was young and ignorant, I used to pick up coins from the ground UNTIL my Dad told me some people perform rituals to get rid of their bad luck and he said they will 'transfer' their bad luck to coins and they will toss it away. So if you accidentally picked up the coin with additional baggage, that 'baggage' will start tagging you also.
3. I cannot claim to be the perfect Buddhist devotee around but I heard the position of altars can have both wonderous and disasterous results. E.g., don't put your altar against the wall where the other side of the wall is your bedroom because it will lead to relationship conflicts. Don't put it against a wall where you have machinery such as aircon or the fridge because the vibrations will shake the altar, which means your deity will be disturbed and cannot stay and bless your home for long. Alternatively, maybe it is also a good time to clean your altar. I heard if the altar is dusty, it means your deity is probably non-existent already and your altar is just an "empty shell".
4. Personally, I don't really recommend providing more offerings because for one thing, you are the owner of the house and you have to show who is the boss. For one thing, you own the house, not the spirit(s). I think by making more offerings, it is another way of saying that you are scared and giving the spirit(s) more reasons to create havoc and worse, demands in the future.
5. If the above suggestions all don't work, I think you should go and find out about the history of your house. Start from the person who sold you the house but I doubt the person will tell you anything. If that fails, ask your neighbors specifically, one that has lived the area for quite some time. Reason being if you are prepared to spend money and hire a priest to bless the house (again), you need to know the history. E.g., If the previous owner of the house happens to be a Muslim or Christian or other kinds of religion, then you should hire the appropriate priest and tackle the problem. Hope you know what I am saying.
6. Lastly if that even fails, then it is a good sign that you are not meant to have this house and it is best to move somewhere else while you still have your sanity.
Disclaimer - Please take all the suggestions with a pinch of salt. The writer of this reply is not responsible for any losses, damages or whatsoever.