Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted House?

Default Haunted House?

My wife and I just bought a house (resale) just half a year back in Singapore.
    We only stay in there only in the weekends.
    My wife and I could hear door knocking while we are sleeping at night. We are quite frighten and we quickly invited a Thai monk to our place for blessing. While the monk is chanting, my wife and I could clearly hear a female voice chanting along with him! We were shocked! And after the blessing, we give dana to the monk. The monk also suggested that we should give some offerings to the spirits too and we did so. Then it seems does not disturbed us and everything seems okie after the blessing.
    It is really ok until 3 months later (which is last nite), we could hear door knocking again.
    Wat should I do, pls help!

Default Re: Haunted House?

No bull? Wow...

get a altar for your home.

Contact SPI?

Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    get a altar for your home.
    I already got a altar in one of my room!

Maybe its time for offering again ?

Last time I heard scratching sounds from my flat's walls, the wall separating bedroom from living room.

seems like the true singapore ghost stories i read, happening to newly shifted in people or family. scary...which i dont beleive in..how real could that be, seriously..i just want to experience it, not alone.. might be a prank? i think its all in the mind playing tricks of that women chating along.. or a recorder being used by the monk secretly jsut to scare you out, so u would pay him more for his suggestion

You reckon IR/UV photography can show up something?

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    seems like the true singapore ghost stories i read, happening to newly shifted in people or family. scary...which i dont beleive in..how real could that be, seriously..i just want to experience it, not alone.. might be a prank? i think its all in the mind playing tricks of that women chating along.. or a recorder being used by the monk secretly jsut to scare you out, so u would pay him more for his suggestion
    Well, this kind of encounter, most will not believe it, until they encounter it 1st hand. But when they really encounter it....

To get rid of the spirit the monk must be more powerfull than the spirit or else it will go away and come back after a while. Sometimes you need to know what type of spirit is it and then call the appropriate monk or medicine man for it.

May I know are you a Buddhist?

If yes, you may chant 'an ma ni pa pi hon' many times and imagine the goddess of mercy.

But you have to concentrate through out the chant.

If you are rather proficient in chinese, you may chant the compassionate mantra, also known as 'da bei zou'. Same thing, during the chant you have to imagine the goddess of mercy.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post

If yes, you may chant 'an ma ni pa pi hon' many times and imagine the goddess of mercy.

If you are rather proficient in chinese, you may chant the compassionate mantra, also known as 'da bei zou'. Same thing, during the chant you have to imagine the goddess of mercy.

Hope that helps
    Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Thanks bro!
    no problem.

Actually I have heard of cases where the ghost will chant together with the monk. But the ghost that was chanting is a dead monk...

My wife and I just bought a house (resale) just half a year back in Singapore.
    We only stay in there only in the weekends.
    My wife and I could hear door knocking while we are sleeping at night. We are quite frighten and we quickly invited a Thai monk to our place for blessing. While the monk is chanting, my wife and I could clearly hear a female voice chanting along with him! We were shocked! And after the blessing, we give dana to the monk. The monk also suggested that we should give some offerings to the spirits too and we did so. Then it seems does not disturbed us and everything seems okie after the blessing.
    It is really ok until 3 months later (which is last nite), we could hear door knocking again.
    Wat should I do, pls help!

for a start, change your avatar to prevent your brains churning out vocal frequencies and apparitions.

I already got a altar in one of my room!
    Altar in the main hall or living room right? Suppose not in other room...

Hope that helps
    To some, the "da bei zou" should never be chant at home as it invites "those" who wish to repent to come close to you.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    for a start, change your avatar to prevent your brains churning out vocal frequencies and apparitions.
    Do not quite understand your statement

Do not quite understand your statement

doesnt it look eerie?so i'm telling him to change his avatar pic FIRST.
    you'll be surprised what your brain does to your psychological health.

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    Altar in the main hall or living room right? Suppose not in other room...

To some, the "da bei zou" should never be chant at home as it invites "those" who wish to repent to come close to you.
    Never heard of such things. In fact it should help to ward off the ghosts.

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast