Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 129

Thread: Haunted House?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Haunted House?

    My wife and I just bought a house (resale) just half a year back in Singapore.
    We only stay in there only in the weekends.
    My wife and I could hear door knocking while we are sleeping at night. We are quite frighten and we quickly invited a Thai monk to our place for blessing. While the monk is chanting, my wife and I could clearly hear a female voice chanting along with him! We were shocked! And after the blessing, we give dana to the monk. The monk also suggested that we should give some offerings to the spirits too and we did so. Then it seems does not disturbed us and everything seems okie after the blessing.
    It is really ok until 3 months later (which is last nite), we could hear door knocking again.
    Wat should I do, pls help!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    No bull? Wow...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    get a altar for your home.

  4. #4
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Contact SPI?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    get a altar for your home.
    I already got a altar in one of my room!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Maybe its time for offering again ?

  7. #7
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Last time I heard scratching sounds from my flat's walls, the wall separating bedroom from living room.

  8. #8
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    seems like the true singapore ghost stories i read, happening to newly shifted in people or family. scary...which i dont beleive in..how real could that be, seriously..i just want to experience it, not alone.. might be a prank? i think its all in the mind playing tricks of that women chating along.. or a recorder being used by the monk secretly jsut to scare you out, so u would pay him more for his suggestion

  9. #9

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    You reckon IR/UV photography can show up something?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    seems like the true singapore ghost stories i read, happening to newly shifted in people or family. scary...which i dont beleive in..how real could that be, seriously..i just want to experience it, not alone.. might be a prank? i think its all in the mind playing tricks of that women chating along.. or a recorder being used by the monk secretly jsut to scare you out, so u would pay him more for his suggestion
    Well, this kind of encounter, most will not believe it, until they encounter it 1st hand. But when they really encounter it....

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    To get rid of the spirit the monk must be more powerfull than the spirit or else it will go away and come back after a while. Sometimes you need to know what type of spirit is it and then call the appropriate monk or medicine man for it.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    May I know are you a Buddhist?

    If yes, you may chant 'an ma ni pa pi hon' many times and imagine the goddess of mercy.

    But you have to concentrate through out the chant.

    If you are rather proficient in chinese, you may chant the compassionate mantra, also known as 'da bei zou'. Same thing, during the chant you have to imagine the goddess of mercy.

    Hope that helps

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    May I know are you a Buddhist?

    If yes, you may chant 'an ma ni pa pi hon' many times and imagine the goddess of mercy.

    But you have to concentrate through out the chant.

    If you are rather proficient in chinese, you may chant the compassionate mantra, also known as 'da bei zou'. Same thing, during the chant you have to imagine the goddess of mercy.

    Hope that helps
    Thanks bro!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Thanks bro!
    no problem.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Actually I have heard of cases where the ghost will chant together with the monk. But the ghost that was chanting is a dead monk...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    My wife and I just bought a house (resale) just half a year back in Singapore.
    We only stay in there only in the weekends.
    My wife and I could hear door knocking while we are sleeping at night. We are quite frighten and we quickly invited a Thai monk to our place for blessing. While the monk is chanting, my wife and I could clearly hear a female voice chanting along with him! We were shocked! And after the blessing, we give dana to the monk. The monk also suggested that we should give some offerings to the spirits too and we did so. Then it seems does not disturbed us and everything seems okie after the blessing.
    It is really ok until 3 months later (which is last nite), we could hear door knocking again.
    Wat should I do, pls help!

    for a start, change your avatar to prevent your brains churning out vocal frequencies and apparitions.

  17. #17
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    I already got a altar in one of my room!
    Altar in the main hall or living room right? Suppose not in other room...

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    May I know are you a Buddhist?

    If yes, you may chant 'an ma ni pa pi hon' many times and imagine the goddess of mercy.

    But you have to concentrate through out the chant.

    If you are rather proficient in chinese, you may chant the compassionate mantra, also known as 'da bei zou'. Same thing, during the chant you have to imagine the goddess of mercy.

    Hope that helps
    To some, the "da bei zou" should never be chant at home as it invites "those" who wish to repent to come close to you.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    for a start, change your avatar to prevent your brains churning out vocal frequencies and apparitions.
    Do not quite understand your statement

  19. #19

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Do not quite understand your statement


    doesnt it look eerie?so i'm telling him to change his avatar pic FIRST.
    you'll be surprised what your brain does to your psychological health.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Haunted House?

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    Altar in the main hall or living room right? Suppose not in other room...



    To some, the "da bei zou" should never be chant at home as it invites "those" who wish to repent to come close to you.
    Never heard of such things. In fact it should help to ward off the ghosts.

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •