Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lightsphere question

Default Re: lightsphere question

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
    anytime...

i personally find it a bit big to stuffed into my shoulder bag and besides the price, it really works!
    Yah, my LS a bit out of shape when i put inside my bag but it will reshape back to normal with dome. So must have dome.

then your LS must be freshly caught in the morning when u bought it, mine not very fresh and have to stretch around after squeezing into my Lowepro bag.

hmm wat's the material huh..not hard plastic? i have no idea..

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    hmm wat's the material huh..not hard plastic? i have no idea..
    I read that it's vinyl.
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

the LS material is soft, but the dome is hard.

so you can squeeze it in your cam bag, but you cant when the dome is attached.

as much as i like the LS, but i got to admit, bringing it is a Bitch

hmmm doesnt sound that bad... lemme try to make abetterbouncecard 1st before deciding to splurge on LS

its actually quite easy to store. just put another lens in it and place it in your back. the dome, store it separately in another zipper compartment as its pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Go get yr LS from CP now.
    Definitely - when I go to S'pore again! Just got back from S'pore 3 weeks ago and I didn't buy! haaa! Unless I find the shop here. How much are they going for there? The clear one right?
    Can it be used on Sigma EF-500 DG Super? Thinking about getting a Canon flash instead! ahhh all this buy buy!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    Definitely - when I go to S'pore again! Just got back from S'pore 3 weeks ago and I didn't buy! haaa! Unless I find the shop here. How much are they going for there? The clear one right?
    Can it be used on Sigma EF-500 DG Super? Thinking about getting a Canon flash instead! ahhh all this buy buy!
    they do sell it for the Sigma flash you mentioned coz my friend have one. dont know if it will fit ur canon flash if you get as they are different fitting.

I have a Sigma EF-500 DG Super and a Canon 580EX and the LSPJ for the 580EX definately does not fit on the Sigma. Although with some creativity u might be able to get it to fit both if you buy the bigger of the 2 and use those big rubber bands to attach to the smaller flash head to get the LS tighter. Hur hur.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    the LS material is soft, but the dome is hard.

so you can squeeze it in your cam bag, but you cant when the dome is attached.

as much as i like the LS, but i got to admit, bringing it is a Bitch
    I just put the LS as it is with the dome attached into my 7 mil dollar home. Still got space. Those that are not needed to bring will be left inside my dry cabinet.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    I have a Sigma EF-500 DG Super and a Canon 580EX and the LSPJ for the 580EX definately does not fit on the Sigma. Although with some creativity u might be able to get it to fit both if you buy the bigger of the 2 and use those big rubber bands to attach to the smaller flash head to get the LS tighter. Hur hur.
    yeah, adaptor. Self made. hehe. I think Sigma is the bigger of the two. My friend had a problem of it suffering from ED (erectile dysfunction) hahahahaha when shooting vertical shots using Lightsphere. So end up have to shoot direct for Sigma. Maybe his is too seasoned. I wonder.

Hi Titan,

If you're interested, you could actually DIY very effective Light Diffusers for a fraction of the cost. I can get 2 fairly large diffusers for under $2.

Besides the obvious (cost), one of the main things I find useful is that you can customise DIY diffusers to no end. I have mine specifically tailored to handle high ceilings, or no ceilings without having to resort to using high ISO settings as well as my preferred colour temp without fiddling with WB.

The only negative (similar to the GFLS) is that once assembled, it takes up space in the bag.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau View Post
    Hi Titan,

If you're interested, you could actually DIY very effective Light Diffusers for a fraction of the cost. I can get 2 fairly large diffusers for under $2.

Besides the obvious (cost), one of the main things I find useful is that you can customise DIY diffusers to no end. I have mine specifically tailored to handle high ceilings, or no ceilings without having to resort to using high ISO settings as well as my preferred colour temp without fiddling with WB.

The only negative (similar to the GFLS) is that once assembled, it takes up space in the bag.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Hi Bro,

Would love to know how you make them although I already bought the LS. High Ceilings is still not a problem that LS can tackle properly (dont know about the new chromedome
    though). Thanks for sharing too!

Merry Christmas

Regards,
    tltan

Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    Hi Bro,

Would love to know how you make them although I already bought the LS. High Ceilings is still not a problem that LS can tackle properly (dont know about the new chromedome
    though). Thanks for sharing too!

Merry Christmas

Regards,
    tltan
    No probz.

Basically I got these larger, translucent and fairly thick plastic material from those lelong shops. $1 or $1.99 for two sheets. These are actually table liners or 'disposable' chopping boards.

I measured the dimension of my flash head, and designed a layout including little flaps on each side that acts as fasteners. I was lazy so i designed a very simple, basic rectangular shape. In real life, works just as well as round ones.

Cut out using an art knife, score and fold, then use double-sided tape to assemble and add tape on the outside for security! Easy peasie!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau View Post
    No probz.

Basically I got these larger, translucent and fairly thick plastic material from those lelong shops. $1 or $1.99 for two sheets. These are actually table liners or 'disposable' chopping boards.

I measured the dimension of my flash head, and designed a layout including little flaps on each side that acts as fasteners. I was lazy so i designed a very simple, basic rectangular shape. In real life, works just as well as round ones.

Cut out using an art knife, score and fold, then use double-sided tape to assemble and add tape on the outside for security! Easy peasie!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    ic ic. Cool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12