Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 93

Thread: culture in CS

  1. #21
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: culture in CS

    maybe in future, when making a post of any sort must
    include T&C above before the real post.

  2. #22

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    CS has a cultural history of crowning a king with his nose in the air and on his feet sit many disciples with their heads bowed.
    For once I am in agreement with what you have posted.

    Asian societies tend to work on the Monkey Troupe model. There will always be one dominant alpha male with subordinate beta males and then the females.

    In layman's terms - a Tai Kor Tai (literally translated 'Big Brother Big') and his Sai Lohs (Small Fellas).

    Remember a certain someone (now departed thankfully) that filled the role of the dominant alpha male?
    Last edited by Tetrode; 10th December 2006 at 06:59 PM.

  3. #23

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    i really dun see anything wrong with that thread that u linked?
    agreed. I thought there is NOTHING wrong with the thread linked what. No personal flames, quite mild actually.

  4. #24

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post

    This entire week has been really "troubling" seeing so many posts on "bad culture" in CS.
    Another one more thread on it..... Another possible show. Which still bring me back to the point in alot of my posts. "why?".

    Mind if you get me a soda too?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: culture in CS

    In delivering a message, one could temper it so that both sides can withdraw gracefully from the situation.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    For once I am in agreement with what you have posted.

    Asian societies tend to work on the Monkey Troupe model. There will always be one dominant alpha male with subordinate beta males and then the females.

    In layman's terms - a Tai Kor Tai (literally translated 'Big Brother Big') and his Sai Lohs (Small Fellas).

    Remember a certain someone (now departed thankfully) that filled the role of the dominant alpha male?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    In delivering a message, one could temper it so that both sides can withdraw gracefully from the situation.
    That only happens in an ideal mythical world surrounded by loftly clouds.

    The way of CS zen (if there is such a way) is to go and meditate and come back and swear at your adversary in such ferocity and vernom that even a sleeping dog jumps up.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    For once I am in agreement with what you have posted.

    Asian societies tend to work on the Monkey Troupe model. There will always be one dominant alpha male with subordinate beta males and then the females.

    In layman's terms - a Tai Kor Tai (literally translated 'Big Brother Big') and his Sai Lohs (Small Fellas).

    Remember a certain someone (now departed thankfully) that filled the role of the dominant alpha male?
    I think what we lack is sufficient females to play the role beside the subordinate beta males who always jump up and down at the first scent of the emergence of a female in CS.

    There is a very recent thread indicative of such primal instinct among the hyperactive beta males.
    Last edited by Sion; 10th December 2006 at 08:08 PM.

  9. #29
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    For once I am in agreement with what you have posted.

    Asian societies tend to work on the Monkey Troupe model. There will always be one dominant alpha male with subordinate beta males and then the females.

    In layman's terms - a Tai Kor Tai (literally translated 'Big Brother Big') and his Sai Lohs (Small Fellas).

    Remember a certain someone (now departed thankfully) that filled the role of the dominant alpha male?
    geee.... u know wat? this reminds me of someone who loves to constantly harangue, barrack, brow-beat... basically a crumdgeon, to anyone who even dares to breath the phrase 'G-lenses'....
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jurong Lake District - West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: culture in CS

    nw....u even bother about it.....

  11. #31

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    geee.... u know wat? this reminds me of someone who loves to constantly harangue, barrack, brow-beat... basically a crumdgeon, to anyone who even dares to breath the phrase 'G-lenses'....
    Better that than being a subordinate beta male (that you are) whose balls went missing with the Alpha male.

    BTW, if you want to insult someone, get your spelling right. It is 'curmudgeon' not 'crumdgeon'..tsk tsk

    and Oh..one more thing, I believe you were guilty of the same things when your Alpha male was around. So don't act high and mighty now. One time or another, you too used to harangue, barrack and brow-beat other members on this forum.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 11th December 2006 at 03:50 AM.

  12. #32

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think what we lack is sufficient females to play the role beside the subordinate beta males who always jump up and down at the first scent of the emergence of a female in CS.

    There is a very recent thread indicative of such primal instinct among the hyperactive beta males.
    Which comes to the question, are these females really females.
    There recently has been a flourish of new members claiming to be females.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Which comes to the question, are these females really females.
    There recently has been a flourish of new members claiming to be females.
    I guess the only way to find out is to marry them.

  14. #34
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Better that than being a subordinate beta male (that you are) whose balls went missing with the Alpha male.

    BTW, if you want to insult someone, get your spelling right. It is 'curmudgeon' not 'crumdgeon'..tsk tsk

    and Oh..one more thing, I believe you were guilty of the same things when your Alpha male was around. So don't act high and mighty now. One time or another, you too used to harangue, barrack and brow-beat other members on this forum.
    subordinate? haha... u dun know half the story. we scold him behind the scenes not out in the open like u. do the frens ard him like his attitude both off and online? nope. not all the times. but, the very least was dat he rendered service to one and all (in MOs, outings etc..) in CS at one time or the other. wat abt u? wat have u done for the good of CSers, except to generate ill-will among CSers?

    me guilty? sure. but at least i dun do it so confrontationally. and for sure, i dun insult other people's manhood. rest assure, i'm very much happy in my masculinity. all my parts are working in good order. my wife can be the first to testify. dun know abt u tho, assuming u are a man.

    oh yeah. lets say whenever u open ur mouth abt g-lenses, u have the people at nikon sg laughing in derision. really. this, i'm not kidding.

    cheerios. i rather not get into a mud-slinging match with u on a monday morning. me? i rather go out and shoot some thing, to practice my skills rather than just paper-talk abt it.
    Last edited by nightwolf75; 11th December 2006 at 09:21 AM.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  15. #35
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    subordinate? haha... u dun know half the story. we scold him behind the scenes not out in the open like u. do the frens ard him like his attitude both off and online? nope. not all the times. but, the very least was dat he rendered service to one and all (in MOs, outings etc..) in CS at one time or the other. wat abt u? wat have u done for the good of CSers, except to generate ill-will among CSers?

    me guilty? sure. but at least i dun do it so confrontationally. and for sure, i dun insult other people's manhood. rest assure, i'm very much happy in my masculinity. all my parts are working in good order. my wife can be the first to testify. dun know abt u tho, assuming u are a man.

    oh yeah. lets say whenever u open ur mouth abt g-lenses, u have the people at nikon sg laughing in derision. really. this, i'm not kidding.

    cheerios. i rather not get into a mud-slinging match with u on a monday morning. me? i rather go out and shoot some thing, to practice my skills rather than just paper-talk abt it.

    Respect!

    haf a nice day!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #36

    Default Re: culture in CS

    *watching the show*

    *Nice caramelized cashew almond popcorn..*

    *slurping my coke light *

  17. #37
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    ... and for sure, i dun insult other people's manhood. rest assure, i'm very much happy in my masculinity. all my parts are working in good order. my wife can be the first to testify. dun know abt u tho, assuming u are a man.
    I guess many here also can say the same thing about their parts. Only that we need a medical certificate to testify it.

  18. #38

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I guess the only way to find out is to marry them.
    siao la ...... if like that then there will be a lot of marriages happening in Geylang & Joo Chiat liao
    always the Light, .... always.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    siao la ...... if like that then there will be a lot of marriages happening in Geylang & Joo Chiat liao
    Mai siao lah. I'm sure there are a lot of instant divorces too in Geylang & Joo Chiat.

  20. #40

    Default Re: culture in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Mai siao lah. I'm sure there are a lot of instant divorces too in Geylang & Joo Chiat.
    Probably it would be a great idea if we both set up a counselling joint-venture at these locations for the benefits of the society and for our love of our country .... tentatively call it either CanSion Marriage Counsellors or CS Kpoh Enterprises ... what u think?...
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •