Thread: Panasonic Fx01 or Fujifilm f20/f30?

Default Panasonic Fx01 or Fujifilm f20/f30?

Hi, currently I am still helping my mum to buy a new compact camera, and I have narrowed down the choices to panasonic Fx01 and Fuji f20/f30.

Even though FX01 has the 28mm wide angle, I am rather concern about the noise level in its pictures.

On the other hand, the fuji f20/f30 have rather good noise control, but I am concerned about the performance of fujinon lens as compared to the leica lens on the FX01. Also, is noise visible in 4R/5R prints at iso 800 or higher, for the fuji models.

My mum also has rather shaky hands which is may be due to her bad handhold techniques.

For your info, my mum only needs a compact camera that can produce sharp and noiseless image for 4R/5R prints, without post processing.

Pls consider only these models which I am considering.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Cheers

Default Re: Panasonic Fx01 or Fujifilm f20/f30?

both will do... fuji ownz in high iso but pana got ois!

I am interested in selling my silver DMC-FX01 (still under warranty) if you are keen.

if yr mum mainly shoots outdoor and holiday photos then Pana FX01 is good. If she mainly shoots indoor dinner photos then Fuji F30 is good. However, the Pana design is "more attractive" and the Fuji looks bulky and ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by keynote View Post
    I am interested in selling my silver DMC-FX01 (still under warranty) if you are keen.
    Sry, I will only be buying a brand new one,

Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    if yr mum mainly shoots outdoor and holiday photos then Pana FX01 is good. If she mainly shoots indoor dinner photos then Fuji F30 is good. However, the Pana design is "more attractive" and the Fuji looks bulky and ugly.
    For my mum, 60% indoor shots, and 40% outdoor shots(Mainly for overseas)

i have just consulted her. The design is not a concern for her

Thanks for your effort

The main concern is that is noise visible in 4R/5R prints at iso 800 or higher for photos taken by f20/f30. If it is not visible, are the photos sharp or will they look abit pixelated(Due to noise reduction eating away the details)?

Secondly, is noise visible in 4R/5R prints at iso 400 for photos taken by the FX01?

Thanks in advance