Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Laptop for photo editing and editing?

Default Re: Laptop for photo editing and editing?

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    icic......okay....thanx!
    PL, get the MBP 15". 17" is better ... but then you won't want to lug it around.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzup5 View Post
    PL, get the MBP 15". 17" is better ... but then you won't want to lug it around.
    Heya!!! how are u?

Reason y i'm asking about the 17" is because i will be going overseas for an extended period and dun think i wanna lug my desktop over...so thot at least the 17" allows me to do some PS and adjustments over that long period of time...and theoretically it should be able to handle rather demanding PS work rite?

KOPI ONE DAY?

Cheers

PL

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    Heya!!! how are u?

Reason y i'm asking about the 17" is because i will be going overseas for an extended period and dun think i wanna lug my desktop over...so thot at least the 17" allows me to do some PS and adjustments over that long period of time...and theoretically it should be able to handle rather demanding PS work rite?

KOPI ONE DAY?

Cheers

PL
    Still the same, been a month or so since I last met you? Hehehe...Kopi is no problem, haven't had a chance to lar kopi with you for a long time, you too busy liao.

A 17" MBP is not very light, but if you want to use it as a desktop replacement is a feasible idea, but the price of a 17" MBP, can possibly get you an iMac 24" with RAM/HDD upgrades. An iMac isn't too hard to carry too.

I second that thought on the 15". I also travel between Singapore and Indonesia quite frequently. Along with my photogear, I also pack along an 12" iBook G4 and a 15" MBP.

The MBP with 2GB of RAM runs fast enough for all my editing work (10MP Raw files in CS3).

if you are sticking in 1 place for a reasonable long time, maybe the 17" will justify it, other wise maybe the mobility of the 15" will be better

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    if you are sticking in 1 place for a reasonable long time, maybe the 17" will justify it, other wise maybe the mobility of the 15" will be better
    yeah, going to be stuck there for about 3 years ..... but think every year will try to come back.....

so thot instead of lugging the whole desktop, maybe a laptop also good for presentations..

now that wazzup mentioned about the large imac..........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    hehehehehe

Probably this can assist you in comparing on notebook vs apple....
    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/noteboo...56103-5,00.htm

my opinion, 15" notebook/macbook would be good enuff for mobility...... 17" would be a hassle........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234