Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: How Models really feel about most of the photographers at It/Car Shows.

Default Re: How Models really feel about most of the photographers at It/Car Shows.

Quote Originally Posted by ZDragon View Post
    hehe... The last Sitex, I went there to visit a Friend who is modelling for one of the booths. I also popped over to BBT to amuse myself by taking these pictures.

The crowd, A poor table and a pair of unwanted slippers.

Up the ladder we go.

More and more to join in the shoot... DSLR, SLR, P&S Camera, phone Cameras... u name it.
    I am sori, I can't undstd why would a GUY bring a DSLR, pay $10 to enter the featured area, knowing that it is featuring skimpy dressed ladies in bikinis and only take those pictures of guys taking pictures of gals?

I think its hard for guy to defend himself once he entered the feature area with a camera.

Taking and posting such pictures to condemn others doesn't help

All straight guys are lub humsup visual images just a matter of public self-control

Default Re: How Models really feel about most of the photographers at It/Car Shows.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPigleT View Post
    I am sori, I can't undstd why would a GUY bring a DSLR, pay $10 to enter the featured area, knowing that it is featuring skimpy dressed ladies in bikinis and only take those pictures of guys taking pictures of gals?

I think its hard for guy to defend himself once he entered the feature area with a camera.

All straight guys are lub humsup visual images just a matter of public self-control
    No no. We dun condemn. Haha. We just share interesting shots.

Yeah..actually we all are ham sup.. just some of us behave ha.. or i would rather say, it is not the best way to know those girls..

haha.. in those crowded places where you can squeeze to the front, cameras with live view can save your day!
    that's why i can see ppl with dslr uses their pNs to take photos in this kinda situation.
    Last edited by andrOo; 13th December 2006 at 04:07 PM.

hi ! that is why BBT is for... it is a men's world thing.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    hi ! that is why BBT is for... it is a men's world thing.
    i agree with you

vince123123
    Guests

Not sure what you mean by "flat". In the conventional sense (where flat = less contrast = even lighting), using bounce cards and diffusers render lighting more flat than flash straight on.

Quote Originally Posted by rapier84 View Post
    And yeah, full power flash straight ahead normally will result in rather harsh pics that can look flat. Bounce cards and diffusers normally will spread the light somewhat and reduces power but gives softer lighting that is both more pleasant for the photo and more pleasant for the model as well.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "flat". In the conventional sense (where flat = less contrast = even lighting), using bounce cards and diffusers render lighting more flat than flash straight on.
    Okay, let me see how to explain this as best as I can...with direct flash what you get is flat lighting, yes the subject is lighted rather evenly but some of the features get 'flattened' into the picture since the flash is strong enough at full blast to illuminate the both background and the subject, so with the whole scene lighted up (TTL solves this by balancing the light from flash with ambient if I am not wrong...). A diffuser will reduce the power enough and also soften the harsh flash by spreading it out somewhat so that the lighting is just enough to make the subject 'pop' from the background.
    Last edited by rapier84; 14th December 2006 at 11:17 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

There are a number of strange things I see here....

Flat lighting is flat lighting - it has nothing to do with the background. I would think the description is purely on the light falling on the subject.

Also, full blast direct flash and TTL flash does not make any difference to background vs foreground lighting - you may be talking about slow sync.

Even for slow sync, direct flash or bounce flash doesn't make much difference if hte background is far away. As an aside, bounce flash (ie bounce using ceiling, not bounce card with no ceiling) lights up the immediate background more as compared to direct flash.

When you are talking about making hte subject pop from the background, are you talking about a bright subject and a dark background - deer in the headlights look? That is a characteristic of direct flash, not bounce flash.

I am somewhat confused, but I suppose each has his own way of using flash - so just continue with whatever works for you

Quote Originally Posted by rapier84 View Post
    Okay, let me see how to explain this as best as I can...with direct flash what you get is flat lighting, yes the subject is lighted rather evenly but some of the features get 'flattened' into the picture since the flash is strong enough at full blast to illuminate the both background and the subject, so with the whole scene lighted up (TTL solves this by balancing the light from flash with ambient if I am not wrong...). A diffuser will reduce the power enough and also soften the harsh flash by spreading it out somewhat so that the lighting is just enough to make the subject 'pop' from the background.

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post

and.. er anyone correct me if i'm wrong... cameramen are those than handle film rite? as in film video... in production sets.. then alongside them they have cam assistant 1 2 and 3...? my FSV friend told me all the different "designations" on a production set once.. sounded confusing to me. but i never thot that "cameraman" was derogratory. it's just a term....

i'd say most pple just use the wrong word sometimes, no harm meant....
    they have a proper title.....cinematographer (cine), or videographers (video)

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    I'd rather be a good cameraman than a lousy photographer...

Cameraman is just the guy behind the camera. Yes, it's more general, but not derogatory at all. The guy behind the movie camera is also called a cameraman. I'm sure he's proud of his job.

Like I said, if you pay me $5, you can call me whatever you want. I hope that after all these years, you know who you are... and don't need other people to re-affirm your identity. Fancy titles are nice... but quite unnecessary.
    cameraman is the one carries camera, like a ku li, not oprating the cameras,

in your words, you can try to call a police official a "gun man"
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    There are a number of strange things I see here....

Flat lighting is flat lighting - it has nothing to do with the background. I would think the description is purely on the light falling on the subject.

Also, full blast direct flash and TTL flash does not make any difference to background vs foreground lighting - you may be talking about slow sync.

Even for slow sync, direct flash or bounce flash doesn't make much difference if hte background is far away. As an aside, bounce flash (ie bounce using ceiling, not bounce card with no ceiling) lights up the immediate background more as compared to direct flash.

When you are talking about making hte subject pop from the background, are you talking about a bright subject and a dark background - deer in the headlights look? That is a characteristic of direct flash, not bounce flash.

I am somewhat confused, but I suppose each has his own way of using flash - so just continue with whatever works for you

Oops, I may be talking about slow sync there, I dunno becoz I'm very new to this as well... What I found was that using a dumb flash a direct flash at full output tend to give the deer in headlight look as well as too much power that lights up the entire scene. The bounce somewhat solves this by reducing the output forward and consequently there's only enough to light the subject and not the background, hence making the subject somewhat pop from the background. Well, like you said, whatever that works.

I went it FOC as I got invitation, but didnt stay long because i only see big group of cameramen. I think those nicely dressed up cars on display are more interesting. Anyway, i didnt bring camera along as I dont want to be wrongly labelled

Someone should think of car enthusiasts who get crowded out by such people at motorshows.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789