Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 200

Thread: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

  1. #81

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    wa! really cheap skate people out there. haha! $10?

  2. #82

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    I'd say I can give him 50% off for repeat customers.


    .
    for $5
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  3. #83
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    Hey, i have a friend who is been paid for a $10 Ang Bao as the Main Photographer for taking a AD wedding, Does anyone has the experience before ???


    I got $8 before... hahaha.. but i say you will still have to pay for the package yeah!

  4. #84
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    Hey, i have a friend who is been paid for a $10 Ang Bao as the Main Photographer for taking a AD wedding, Does anyone has the experience before ???
    Do not really understand fully from above.

    Was you friend paid $10 for his service? If it is a service he took up and offered then you can say paid service. To add on, if your friend agreed to a price and he received only $10, why not he asked? Else he can just keep quiet since no agreement for paid service.

    Next, he was give an Ang Bao.
    Can I phrase it in this way: Your friend was give a Angbao which contain $10? If that is so, then nothing wrong. Angbao is for luck only. Not payment.

    If your friend volunteer to shoot, then he should not expect anything. Even $1. HE VOLUNTEERED!

    If you friend was doing a paid job and complaint he only got $10, then he is a FOOL.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  5. #85

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    Do not really understand fully from above.

    Was you friend paid $10 for his service? If it is a service he took up and offered then you can say paid service. To add on, if your friend agreed to a price and he received only $10, why not he asked? Else he can just keep quiet since no agreement for paid service.

    Next, he was give an Ang Bao.
    Can I phrase it in this way: Your friend was give a Angbao which contain $10? If that is so, then nothing wrong. Angbao is for luck only. Not payment.

    If your friend volunteer to shoot, then he should not expect anything. Even $1. HE VOLUNTEERED!

    If you friend was doing a paid job and complaint he only got $10, then he is a FOOL.
    it's him lah... you didn't follow this thread.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  6. #86
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    it's him lah... you didn't follow this thread.
    Oop

    Me just wake up and too fast.

    But anyway, good learning experience
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  7. #87

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    Do not really understand fully from above.

    Was you friend paid $10 for his service? If it is a service he took up and offered then you can say paid service. To add on, if your friend agreed to a price and he received only $10, why not he asked? Else he can just keep quiet since no agreement for paid service.

    Next, he was give an Ang Bao.
    Can I phrase it in this way: Your friend was give a Angbao which contain $10? If that is so, then nothing wrong. Angbao is for luck only. Not payment.

    If your friend volunteer to shoot, then he should not expect anything. Even $1. HE VOLUNTEERED!

    If you friend was doing a paid job and complaint he only got $10, then he is a FOOL.
    ha ha, never follow...

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    OMG, he gave you $10 AngPow, how much did you gave him for his wedding?


    $10 is for "helpers fee". Maybe they will pay you when you pass them the CD and Photos? Wedding a Orchid country club, dont they provide a room for the Bride? Last time my friend's friend wedding, they were given 2 room for the Bride and her friends.


    move on lah, why make yourself sadder by habouring over the $10 angpow. Learn from this experience and dont ever repeat this mistakes. Thats why i never shoot for friends, always recomend them to other photog. cos I dunno how to charge them. Too expensive, spoil friendship, too cheap, i feel exploited. let them deal with other photog, den freindship not affected.

  9. #89

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    peanuts rate, you get disappearing monkeys.

    my ang bao was only 4 dollars. and i was covering it for free with my colleague that was the main photographer.

    the couple were in the understanding that only one photographer, which is my colleague that will be covering the entire day. i am just an extra, or rather a "gift" to them to get their memories captured in more perspectives. or put it directly, a chance for a noob to learn.

    to me. 4 dollars is ok. because i am still a green horn when it comes to AD shoots. but then it cannot justify the amount of time, effort, shutter count (eh) and flashes for me to deliver the product. i can say that my shots are ok and not absolutely rubbish to be deemed as worth only 4 dollars.

    IMO. wedding photography services is seriously underrated in singapore. only those people that know of photography friends or have been in related businesses before will understand. 4am to 2pm and from 6pm to 11pm just for one AD shoot. who knows if you have another AD the next day?

    IMO, it is worse than a 9-5 job and we are being regarded as $%#@!%.

    but then. shoot for the passion. dun let money deter one from capturing precious memories

    cheers.
    Last edited by wanzw; 10th December 2006 at 12:30 PM.
    random equipment.
    where are my primes?

  10. #90

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by wanzw View Post
    peanuts rate, you get disappearing monkeys.

    my ang bao was only 4 dollars. and i was covering it for free with my colleague that was the main photographer.

    the couple were in the understanding that only one photographer, which is my colleague that will be covering the entire day. i am just an extra, or rather a "gift" to them to get their memories captured in more perspectives. or put it directly, a chance for a noob to learn.

    to me. 4 dollars is ok. because i am still a green horn when it comes to AD shoots. but then it cannot justify the amount of time, effort, shutter count (eh) and flashes for me to deliver the product. i can say that my shots are ok and not absolutely rubbish to be deemed as worth only 4 dollars.

    IMO. wedding photography services is seriously underrated in singapore. only those people that know of photography friends or have been in related businesses before will understand. 4am to 2pm and from 6pm to 11pm just for one AD shoot. who knows if you have another AD the next day?

    IMO, it is worse than a 9-5 job and we are being regarded as $%#@!%.

    but then. shoot for the passion. dun let money deter one from capturing precious memories

    cheers.
    I tink those Jie-Mei will get more from "entrance fees".
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  11. #91

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Wah i hear this also i 'tu lan'. $10?????????? . I think better add another $10 more and give the redpacket back to him and tell him to spend the $$$ for his honeymoon and sacarstically tell him that the 'hangpow' can cover his flight ticket and all of the expenditure. **** MAN!!!!!

  12. #92

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I tink those Jie-Mei will get more from "entrance fees".
    not that they are not well off or what. dun want to say too much. but i believe they have a big budget.. so 4...
    random equipment.
    where are my primes?

  13. #93

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    to the TS... i guess its lesson learnt.. if u wan to embark on your journey as a wedding photographer, regardless as a freelancer or a pro.. u hv to understand thats its a job.. n u hv to charge yur friends no matter wat.. when friends come to me for services, i told them its the normal rate that i will b charging them... cos if i give them discounts, i might as well do for another couple, where i can get the full payment? yes.. they are friends.. but if u r allowing them to exploit u.. then are they treating u as a friend ? real friends want me to attend their wedding n enjoy this impt day wif them.. not as a photographer... n i dun mind sacrificing a AD job.. so that i can atend the wedding..

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore/Thailand
    Posts
    4,642

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    amazing never knew that there were such stingy couples out there :X i've always been fortunate to get a nice ang pao on top of the service fees - usually quite common, and usually a hint to get the pictures ASAP back to them... hahaha... lesson learnt from your friend i guess. As many of the guys mentioned... should agree on a fee... not just anything... in the end $10.00 :X
    Budget wedding photographer :)

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore/Thailand
    Posts
    4,642

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Even backup photogs that tag along for shoots alongside main photogs (who dont get paid) usually get a bigger ang bao! :X
    Budget wedding photographer :)

  16. #96

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    Sorry , the friend was the couple's friend , enaged and been paid..but nv been told how much to be paid... i hope it's clearer to U guys now ... sorry
    You are really contradicting yourself. I supposed you mean the couple AGREED to pay him but NEVER told him the EXACT amount.

  17. #97

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Recently I covered one event where a MP was invited as a VIP.
    I was suppose to be an invited guest, but my ex-boss who is in the organiser commitee asked me to bring my DSLR.

    Since I luv shooting, I did not mind covering some parts since I know there will be an official photographer provided by the event company. When I reached the hotel, I did not see the official photographer, and start to shoot some. Later on in the night, I only found out the official photographer did not appeared.

    Hence I was promoted from backup to official for the day. Did not have a proper meal that night and considered free service. I went to develop and burn a CD for the whole event.

    Depends on how you see the thing, my ex-boss wanted to pay for my service, but I told her no. Whether your friend appreciate your effort, and seem that you felt used. either that you will not have posted it here.

    You should have know this friend. if not out of the blue any tom n dick ask you to help will you? Not me, if its someone I don't know well, even a remote colleague asked me to help take some shoots of her daughter, I was quite surprised and tell him no directly.
    Canon EOS 50D 24-105mm f4 L IS 70-200mm f/4 IS L 50mm f/1.8

  18. #98

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    to the TS... i guess its lesson learnt.. if u wan to embark on your journey as a wedding photographer, regardless as a freelancer or a pro.. u hv to understand thats its a job.. n u hv to charge yur friends no matter wat.. when friends come to me for services, i told them its the normal rate that i will b charging them... cos if i give them discounts, i might as well do for another couple, where i can get the full payment? yes.. they are friends.. but if u r allowing them to exploit u.. then are they treating u as a friend ? real friends want me to attend their wedding n enjoy this impt day wif them.. not as a photographer... n i dun mind sacrificing a AD job.. so that i can atend the wedding..
    WELL, I got ur point, i just have to leave this incident behind me.... and learn as a experience

  19. #99

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR View Post
    Even backup photogs that tag along for shoots alongside main photogs (who dont get paid) usually get a bigger ang bao! :X
    yes yes yes, i Agree with u totally, the other time when I was a Backup Photographer to my friend wedding, I got more than this time ...

  20. #100

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by dzignous View Post
    You are really contradicting yourself. I supposed you mean the couple AGREED to pay him but NEVER told him the EXACT amount.
    ya loh, so end up like being exploited....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •