Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 200

Thread: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

  1. #41
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    well, i guess he will not do that , have some ethics perhaps , and it's not so nice to include a invoice to his friends
    friend & fiend is only a letter different..isn't it obvious a case of exploitation? $10 should be fine, unless that couple cover all cost like CDs and transportation..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  2. #42

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by nyxx88 View Post
    He can give 1 picture on a CD in return :P
    come on , dun be so mean ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau View Post
    So, in TOTAL, the Photographer received $10?
    Yes, U are right... his whole day of effort = $10 = service fees

  3. #43

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    omg.. at least when i shot for my fren's wedding n he was on a tight budget i got a bigger ang bao.. lol...

  4. #44

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    friend & fiend is only a letter different..isn't it obvious a case of exploitation? $10 should be fine, unless that couple cover all cost like CDs and transportation..
    ya ... i agree with u but sometimes ....
    nevertheless, the transportation and CDs will be cover by my friend subract from the $10 ...

  5. #45

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    omg.. at least when i shot for my fren's wedding n he was on a tight budget i got a bigger ang bao.. lol...


  6. #46
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    Are u the one?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  7. #47
    Member bowwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In my own private Idaho.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    out of curiosity to the thread starter, how does your friend feel about the whole thing?

    so far, we haven't heard from the photographer's point of view. only details and assumptions.
    Last edited by bowwow; 10th December 2006 at 01:15 AM.

  8. #48

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    if the photographer begged for his chance to take the pics. it's his business. if he is a learner, might be better to just take some shots in the middle of the day rather than waking up so early. do it without disturbing the main photographer's job.

    that being said, assuming he is beginner, maybe the couple really was kind to allow him to turn up as the photographer. the couple also take risk mah... (if he is the only photographer).

    For any normal couple's wedding, they really should engaged a full time pro to do the job.
    you must also see the side where he spoils the market of the hundreds of AD photographers out there. those guys do a good job for a living leh... whereas your friend use the couple as his free models.

  9. #49

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Are u the one?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowwow View Post
    out of curiosity to the thread starter, how does your friend feel about the whole thing?

    so far, we haven't heard from the photographer's point of view only details and assumptions.
    My apology to everyone in this thread, It's actually myself, just that I find it embrassing ...so i use 'my friend' as a quote

  10. #50
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    My apology to everyone in this thread, It's actually myself, just that I find it embrassing ...so i use 'my friend' as a quote
    U r so kind!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  11. #51

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine View Post
    if the photographer begged for his chance to take the pics. it's his business. if he is a learner, might be better to just take some shots in the middle of the day rather than waking up so early. do it without disturbing the main photographer's job.

    that being said, assuming he is beginner, maybe the couple really was kind to allow him to turn up as the photographer. the couple also take risk mah... (if he is the only photographer).

    For any normal couple's wedding, they really should engaged a full time pro to do the job.
    you must also see the side where he spoils the market of the hundreds of AD photographers out there. those guys do a good job for a living leh... whereas your friend use the couple as his free models.
    My apology, I am just a newbie ... I am just a learner, but my wed friends enaged me to be their photographer with another friend of mine ( 2 photographers in all, myself and a friend ) ... I am not trying to spoil the market but if U were me in this situation, receving a $10... dun u feel being insulted ???

  12. #52
    Member bowwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In my own private Idaho.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    My apology to everyone in this thread, It's actually myself, just that I find it embrassing ...so i use 'my friend' as a quote
    i don't see why u should feel embarrassed. think the couple should be the embarrassed party.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    woah. i wish you luck. i find it kinda sad that you became exploited like that. why not talk to the couple nicely. like seriously, even your transport cost smth.

  14. #54

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    U r so kind!
    I dun be to quote ' a friend of mine ' , and i dun mean to fool everyone in here , cos I feel I am the FOOL end of the wedding Shoot ... but ... , perhaps just do it as a experience... hope this can be shared to every newbie ...

  15. #55

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    U put a copyright " $10 only " on all the pics and burn into a CD for him.
    what kind of friend is this?

    My first wedding for a friend I asked for $500
    Now wat kind of friend I am ?

  16. #56
    Member bowwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In my own private Idaho.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    My apology, I am just a newbie ... I am just a learner, but my wed friends enaged me to be their photographer with another friend of mine ( 2 photographers in all, myself and a friend ) ... I am not trying to spoil the market but if U were me in this situation, receving a $10... dun u feel being insulted ???
    i'd feel more disappointed in this so-called friend than insulted.

    take this as a lesson and a mistake not to be committed a second time.

  17. #57

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    It sounds to me that you're doing voluntary work.
    So now you've learned the lesson, make sure don't repeat it.
    In future, if your other friends want your services again, don't be afraid to state on the pricing that you're charging them.
    If its a good friend, can lower your price but why stood so slow of yourself?
    You spent so much on your equipment, don't you want to earn a little more to cover those you've spent on your camera?
    Or if you charge more, you can have more money to upgrade to a better lens?
    And... don't spoil the market please. Other full-time photographer needs to feed their family.

  18. #58

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    woah. i wish you luck. i find it kinda sad that you became exploited like that. why not talk to the couple nicely. like seriously, even your transport cost smth.
    well i dun really know how to go about telling themm ...

  19. #59
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    My apology, I am just a newbie ... I am just a learner, but my wed friends enaged me to be their photographer with another friend of mine ( 2 photographers in all, myself and a friend ) ... I am not trying to spoil the market but if U were me in this situation, receving a $10... dun u feel being insulted ???
    If the fren is really close..then its ok lorz..at least u r given a chance to build ur portfolio..just think positive..but then, by posting this thread, i believe u r feeling being exploited..perhaps what u can do now is to reserved a few of ur best shots and not releasing to them..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    yea, if im in your shoes i will feel troubled too, betrayed, insulted that your friend thought so lowly of your skills.

    how about when you pass him the photos, pass him back the same hongbao that he gave you? When he ask why, say that $10 is not enough to cover your transport or dvds, so take this photography session as a present to him. Then he will get your message.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •