Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 200

Thread: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

  1. #21

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    i'm surprised that a price wasn't agreed to beforehand. instead, your friend seems to have decided to leave the amount of compensation up to the couple's goodwill.

    there seems to be much more to this story that's been left unsaid. what were the circumstances like, out of curiosity?
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

  2. #22

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    i feel that everything shd be in black and white and signed. verbal agreements holds as much water as fishing net holds water
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

  3. #23

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Aniway I believe the couple is looking for photographer who want to shoot for his portfolio in return for an angbao ONLY.

    If the amount was agreed why did the couple only give him angbao? Even paid photographer + PA were given angbao by the couple on tat day itself

  4. #24
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    Hey, i have a friend who is been paid for a $10 Ang Bao as the Main Photographer for taking a AD wedding, Does anyone has the experience before ???
    ang bao = $10

    did he also receive a agreed service fee?

  5. #25

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    if he received a service fee already....getting a 10 dollar ang pow for good luck is quite normal ya...

    but if he didnt....hmmmmz

  6. #26

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    That must be some cheap wedding.
    Even if he was helping out as a favour, I believe that a token sum is given to the helpers as well and if the token sum is just $10 then the couple might as well save it. It looks as though they need the money more than the photographer
    Work: PicasaWeb | Play: Animus3 | Mobile: Tumblr

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by varf View Post
    i'm surprised that a price wasn't agreed to beforehand. instead, your friend seems to have decided to leave the amount of compensation up to the couple's goodwill.

    there seems to be much more to this story that's been left unsaid. what were the circumstances like, out of curiosity?
    I agree. Your friend should have work out all the fine details before he agree to shoot.

  8. #28

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    ang bao = $10

    did he also receive a agreed service fee?
    service fee = TFCD for portfolio
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  9. #29

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusS View Post
    Like Frijj has asked, and you have yet to reply. Was he shooting as favour for a friend? OR was he the official paid photgrapher that the couple has engaged?

    If he was shooting as a favour for the couple, and the couple gave him a Ang Bao that was $10, they might as well save it. Cuz it doesn't mean anything. Because as friends or brothers, I still have to give them Ang Bao for well wishes, and just basic ettiquettes.

    If he was shooting as an paid photographer, and agreed on $10. That is just plain stupidity.

    You have to be clearer on the situation, or else it's hard for us to comment.
    Sorry , the friend was the couple's friend , enaged and been paid..but nv been told how much to be paid... i hope it's clearer to U guys now ... sorry

  10. #30

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by simon80 View Post
    Today? At a church?
    Nope , it's a chinese wedding at Yishun Orchid Country Club

  11. #31

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by varf View Post
    i'm surprised that a price wasn't agreed to beforehand. instead, your friend seems to have decided to leave the amount of compensation up to the couple's goodwill.

    there seems to be much more to this story that's been left unsaid. what were the circumstances like, out of curiosity?

    Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r View Post
    i feel that everything shd be in black and white and signed. verbal agreements holds as much water as fishing net holds water

    Quote Originally Posted by simon80 View Post
    Aniway I believe the couple is looking for photographer who want to shoot for his portfolio in return for an angbao ONLY.

    If the amount was agreed why did the couple only give him angbao? Even paid photographer + PA were given angbao by the couple on tat day itself
    I agree with what u said, he should have outline the payment details .... perhaps he thought taht the couple might at least pay him better ???

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    ang bao = $10

    did he also receive a agreed service fee?

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    if he received a service fee already....getting a 10 dollar ang pow for good luck is quite normal ya...

    but if he didnt....hmmmmz
    the service fee = $10

    Quote Originally Posted by radedward View Post
    That must be some cheap wedding.
    Even if he was helping out as a favour, I believe that a token sum is given to the helpers as well and if the token sum is just $10 then the couple might as well save it. It looks as though they need the money more than the photographer


    Quote Originally Posted by jbma View Post
    I agree. Your friend should have work out all the fine details before he agree to shoot.
    well, i guess that he should be partly blamed for not working out the details

  12. #32

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    IMO, my friend should be partially blamed for not working out the details , but kinda of pathetic... ... working from 0430 am to 3 pm for $ 10 ..

  13. #33

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    Sorry , the friend was the couple's friend , enaged and been paid..but nv been told how much to be paid... i hope it's clearer to U guys now ... sorry
    OK, so the Photographer got PAID a FEE (undisclosed) PLUS a $10 Hong Bao correct?

    And if the Photographer is happy with the agreed fee paid, in full, to him, I assume, then why should there be unhappiness about a $10 Hong Bao? Get Hong Bao, any sum-even 5 cents, OVER AND ABOVE the AGREED FEE PAID should be happy right because it's the wishes and luck that counts? Or is there some 'unwritten customary rule' that it needs to be a certain sum for luck or something? IF there is a 'standard' unspoken practise, then I guess the Photographer has some reason to feel unhappy lor.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lower Seletar Reservoir
    Posts
    1,048

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    If your fren hasnt passed the photographs or photo CD to the couple. He might want to include an invoice stating his photography service, to the stingy couple
    see my portfolio, for your comments.

  15. #35

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    Sorry , the friend was the couple's friend , enaged and been paid..but nv been told how much to be paid... i hope it's clearer to U guys now ... sorry
    Even though he's the couple's friend and never been told how much to paid him but at least give a reasonable amount in the Ang Pao. Giving a $10 is damn too much . So stingy!
    Nikon D5000 | NikKor AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G VR | Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8G | SB-400

  16. #36

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau View Post
    OK, so the Photographer got PAID a FEE (undisclosed) PLUS a $10 Hong Bao correct?

    And if the Photographer is happy with the agreed fee paid, in full, to him, I assume, then why should there be unhappiness about a $10 Hong Bao? Get Hong Bao, any sum-even 5 cents, OVER AND ABOVE the AGREED FEE PAID should be happy right because it's the wishes and luck that counts? Or is there some 'unwritten customary rule' that it needs to be a certain sum for luck or something? IF there is a 'standard' unspoken practise, then I guess the Photographer has some reason to feel unhappy lor.

    I am sorry to be unclear, the paid fee is his ang bao, which therefore, he didnt received any more amt to be specified to be his service fee... sorry to be unclear ....

  17. #37
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Cannot be right??

    I think $10 is fee to shoot..$2 per photo??
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  18. #38

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Xing View Post
    If your fren hasnt passed the photographs or photo CD to the couple. He might want to include an invoice stating his photography service, to the stingy couple
    Quote Originally Posted by zola70 View Post
    Even though he's the couple's friend and never been told how much to paid him but at least give a reasonable amount in the Ang Pao. Giving a $10 is damn too much . So stingy!

    well, i guess he will not do that , have some ethics perhaps , and it's not so nice to include a invoice to his friends

  19. #39

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    He can give 1 picture on a CD in return :P

  20. #40

    Default Re: $10 for AD Wedding Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    I am sorry to be unclear, the paid fee is his ang bao, which therefore, he didnt received any more amt to be specified to be his service fee... sorry to be unclear ....
    So, in TOTAL, the Photographer received $10?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •