Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: Is there a law against this?

Originally posted by iceman

what about the women's charter ??
    not applicable in this case. Women's Charter is for divorce, nullity etc

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

not applicable in this case. Women's Charter is for divorce, nullity etc
    wow long thread..
    although strictly legal in the normal lawbooks, my friend did say about women's charter providing some redress against harassment, obviously this is such a case...
    BUT I cannot find a complete version other than the FAQ version online, which is grouped into marriage, cert of lawfulness, career etc etc...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Not all... see this album on travel by someone I know:

Reise (English: Travel)

Originally posted by maddog

streetshooting is voyeurism under the guise of art.

Originally posted by d7t3
    Wah, didn't know there was such a thing as sggirls... it's quite sick. See some persons I know even.

It's certainly a moral issue, but not really a legal one. I guess technically it could be classified as causing annoyance, but it's hard to prove in court.

Flinchy, pls don't show your warrant card unless you're certain some criminal act is being committed. Stories of abuse (or 'abuse') of police powers get around and the SPF will find it a bit harder to do their daily job.

Morality cannot be enforced by law. For every group of voyeur snappers there are more who don't snap but have equally dirty or dirtier minds. An offence requires the act as well as the intention, right? It's the intention that is immoral. Law has no power over intentions.

Certainly it's better to stop people posting stuff like sggirls, but I think it's a deeper problem: there are plenty of people who WANT to see pics like those. That can't be changed by legislation.
    Well said

I think finally, the point i have been trying to make has been expressed in the best way possible

Originally posted by denizenx

wow long thread..
    although strictly legal in the normal lawbooks, my friend did say about women's charter providing some redress against harassment, obviously this is such a case...
    BUT I cannot find a complete version other than the FAQ version online, which is grouped into marriage, cert of lawfulness, career etc etc...
    u can find the Women's Charter here:

http://agcvldb4.agc.gov.sg/

don't think the Women's charter is related to the situation discussed here.

Oh well, i guess new laws can always be made

To flinchy,

I cannot believe that this matter was allowed to pass just like that.

Is this a general Singaporean attitude? i.e. let people walk all over you instead of having the guts to approach the problem head on?

Since the matter has past, and you can't do anything about what has happened, are you just going to accept it as it has happened or do you pursue the matter i.e. what is it in the law protects you in such instances?

Tell your story to the press and let the public at large decide for you and themselves what they want. I'd be very surprised if a law is defined to protect the right to our privacy in such instances.

Time to grow up brother, you won't acheive anything in life if you listen to those people who keep telling you that nothing can be done.

Originally posted by Parchiao
    To flinchy,

I cannot believe that this matter was allowed to pass just like that.

Is this a general Singaporean attitude? i.e. let people walk all over you instead of having the guts to approach the problem head on?

Since the matter has past, and you can't do anything about what has happened, are you just going to accept it as it has happened or do you pursue the matter i.e. what is it in the law protects you in such instances?

Tell your story to the press and let the public at large decide for you and themselves what they want. I'd be very surprised if a law is defined to protect the right to our privacy in such instances.

Time to grow up brother, you won't acheive anything in life if you listen to those people who keep telling you that nothing can be done.
    Wow why the rough treatment here?Whats all this talk abt "Singaporean attitute" and "not achieving anything in life"

lets put it this way, 5 of us were having a perfect night talking abt our jc days and fun days. If i had confronted them head on, the night would have been over there and then. And since these meetings come once in a blue moon, do you think i would like to destroy the whole night just like that?

Ideally, i would have done as you have said, but it wouldnt have been a great night in the end.

Pls dont turn this into a flame war pls
    discuss properly
    Last edited by FLiNcHY; 8th February 2003 at 11:29 PM.

No flame war, and don't feel offended, just strongly worded. The message is crystal clear.

snowman
    Guests

take out own cam and flash with ur camera's flash while they are taking pics of upskirts...overexposing their pictures... haha.. got torchlight also can... shine at their cam...

'Tell your story to the press and let the public at large decide for you and themselves what they want. I'd be very surprised if a law is NOT defined to protect the right to our privacy in such instances.'

left out the word 'NOT'

'Tell your story to the press and let the public at large decide for you and themselves what they want. I'd be very surprised if a law is NOT defined to protect the right to our privacy in such instances.'

left out the word 'NOT'

yeah i found it contradicting at first

Talking

dear flinchy

me think all of uz here got ur point alreadi .....

n me am one of "those people who keep telling you that nothing can be done" ........ if u only tok abt it in CS .....

n me agree with wat otherz said abt approaching the floor manager at that moment .....

however ..... me feel that all thiz dizcuzzion iz long enough liao .....

cool down n move on ..... ( plz note that me am alzo not an advocate of voyeurizm or taking picz of galz n pozt them on sggirlz ) .....

no offence to anybody .....

Sin
    Guests

left out the word 'NOT'

Why do we want a law passed for everything?
    Can't we settle some things without the law?
    If so, soon we'll be seeing fat people sue MacDonald's in Singapore for causing them to be fat. Or maybe we can sue parties who engage in flame war online, then we can make millions and bankrupt people...

I was told that in France, private citizens can sue if their photos appear published. Even in news....wonder what kind of paper the French people see...so do we want a Singapore where the only pictures you see published are ones of beautifully posed politicians and glamour seeking celebrities?

Why not excercise less "Singapore" attitude and settle some of our own problems ourselves, instead of always relying on the Govt to pass laws or carry out campaigns to sort out personal problems...

Soon we might have the "Don't take Girlie pics Campaign"!!

Originally posted by Sin

I was told that in France, private citizens can sue if their photos appear published. Even in news....wonder what kind of paper the French people see...so do we want a Singapore where the only pictures you see published are ones of beautifully posed politicians and glamour seeking celebrities?

Soon we might have the "Don't take Girlie pics Campaign"!!
    you are not getting the point man

this is totally different from what we have been discussing. So are you saying we should also publish pics of voyeuristic nature?
    Last edited by FLiNcHY; 9th February 2003 at 12:43 AM.

Still going on???

When there's no "law" regarding this, some are complaining about it. Just wonder if there's a "law" stated for such issues, will anyone starts complaning about it too.

How about just pick up our camera and spend some time shooting instead? Ain't that better then discussing about useless issues here?

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!

* togu continue to seach for plaster... half body swollen after chingay shoot. Darn!

Originally posted by togu
    Still going on???

When there's no "law" regarding this, some are complaining about it. Just wonder if there's a "law" stated for such issues, will anyone starts complaning about it too.

How about just pick up our camera and spend some time shooting instead? Ain't that better then discussing about useless issues here?

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!

* togu continue to seach for plaster... half body swollen after chingay shoot. Darn!
    its more of a discussion, a debative subject talk.

Not an argument.

Originally posted by FLiNcHY
    you are not getting the point man
    The point here is, a law enforcer is telling us about what he can't do when he suspected a group of teenagers are shooting something that he think is morally wrong.

What can we do then?

Btw, owner of sggirls and photforum should be more then happy that they have some new hits today, after your nice promotion on those 2 sites.

Originally posted by togu
    Still going on???

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!

hahahahaha ...... coz we r all singaporeanz wat ..... alwayz like to complain .....

where were u all .... ?? .... me moved frm city hall to chinatown to the ending pt ......

Default Re: Is there a law against this?

Originally posted by FLiNcHY

I was really really damn freaking pissed already. Almost took out my warrant card and confronted them and threw their camera away . But i forgot my penal code and didnt know whether it was an offence to do such things.

I'm pretty sure there's a law for this. If not there better be! This is how websites like photoforum and Sggirls thrive! This is one example of how the digital camera can be misused!
    Chief, not sure go & ask your CIO lah. If not you should have just identified yourself & 'hung' them, make them delete all the images. Don't have to go overboard.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast